anyone have a screenshot or remmember the this is it setlist pool on michaeljackson.com?

rolerprod

Proud Member
i been looking all over online and i can't find it anywhere

in 2009 after mj started rehearsals he put up on michaeljackson.com a bunch of his songs like 42 i think for fans to vote on the one's they want to hear.
and i really want to see what songs were on the pool...
if anyone have a screen shot of that pool i'd love to see

Part of the list can be seen on the bonus scenes from This Is It

That "set list pool" thing was a bunch of crap. Fans didn't have any say in what was going to be performed.

That "set list pool" thing was a bunch of crap. Fans didn't have any say in what was going to be performed.
i with u 100%
i remember when i saw the pool i was so happy most of the songs were songs he never sang live and alot from invincible,but when i saw this is it the only song from that pool i remember he actually did was speechless and even from that one we only heard like 30 seconds.
but i still want to see what options did they include in the pool

What makes you say that? Bearden talks about the fan vote list in one of the This Is It extras. He mentioned how MJ and he would go over the list and try to take into account while crafting the setlist. He said MJ was really interested in the results. I'm pretty sure they even showed the list with the vote totals on screen. Of course Michael still made the final call on what he was going to perform, it was never suggested otherwise. But it does seem like he took the fan vote into account.

Of course, the major concert staples won out in the vote. Not really surprising, as it wasn't just diehard fans who voted. And I think even many diehards opted for a mix between rarities and their favourite classic live songs. It had been so many years since MJ toured that everything would feel fresh again, and of course there were also many fans who had never gotten to see him perform before. So it's not surprising that Billie Jean came out on top. In hindsight, it would have been cool if fans had organized something amongst each other and all voted on the same never performed gem, so that it would have cracked the top 25. But heck, most of us were just so happy he was going to perform again that the setlist really wasn't much of a concern.

He didn't intend to sing songs he never performed live but he did incorporate Speechless, Threatened and Who Is It in the setlist. I'm sure those 3 songs were there because of the fans votes.

I did a quick search and found this old post from 'mgm94'. These songs were organized by the amount of votes they got.

on the itunes exclusive featurette "The Musical Experience" Michael Bearden discusses the fans vots and the setlist
this is the list of songs that it shows
there are some that are after off the wall but they are nto shown and neither are songs 8 through 12 :)

1. Billie Jean
2. Smooth Criminal
3. Man In The Mirror
4. Thriller
5. Beat It
6. Dirty Diana
7. Black Or White
13. Rock With You
14. Remember The Time
15. Earth Song
16. Dangerous
17. You Are Not Alone
18. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
19. They Don't Care About Us
20. Heal The World
21. Human Nature
22. Give Into Me
23. Who Is It
24. Scream
25. P.Y.T
26. Another Part Of Me
27. Stranger In Moscow
28. Jam
29. Liberian Girl
30. Off The Wall

The fact that Dirty Diana was gonna be performed shows that the fans were listened to

I found the video I was talking about above. Here's the link to the .flv I ripped back in the day, in case anyone is interested. Bearden and the rest of the crew talk about how they looked at the fan voting list (Bearden even says it was one of the first few things MJ showed him).

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/599j0lwcyvd6ubb/TII_TME-1.flv

Last edited:
I found the video I was talking about above. Here's the link to the .flv I ripped back in the day, in case anyone is interested. Bearden and the rest of the crew talk about how they looked at the fan voting list (Bearden even says it was one of the first few things MJ showed him).

http://www.mediafire.com/watch/599j0lwcyvd6ubb/TII_TME-1.flv

Thank you for that. I've never seen that video. Is it from some kind of Special Edition of TII or?

Thank you for that. I've never seen that video. Is it from some kind of Special Edition of TII or?
It's part of a featurette called 'The Musical Experience'. I don't think it was on any of the DVD or Blu-Ray releases, and only released as an iTunes exclusive.

Back