Anyone into Minimalism/Simple Living/Living Light?

Dutchie

Guests
Hey you guys,

I was wondering if any of you are also interested in Minimalism (aka simple living, decluttering, living light and so on)?

From theminimalists.com:

Minimalism is a lifestyle that helps people question what things add value to their lives. By clearing the clutter from life’s path, we can all make room for the most important aspects of life: health, relationships, passion, growth, and contribution.

Even though everyone embraces minimalism differently, each path leads to the same place: a life with more time, more money, and more freedom to live a more meaningful life. Getting started is as simple as asking yourself one question: How might your life be better if you owned fewer material possessions?

<tbody>
</tbody>

I've been very interested in simple living for about a year now, and have successfully decluttered over 400 items from my home and to this day I have not missed any of these items. I live my life with still plenty of stuff left, but everything I own adds value and meaning to my life, or I simply love it.

Aside from wanting to see who else is into Minimalism and this lifestyle, I also wonder if anyone knows any good forums dedicated to lifestyle and living?

:)

I've been into minimalism for a while now. I've always identified with the ideas of simple living, and personally I find it to be such a no-brainer.

And on a Michael note, I've always found the lyrics of Destiny by The Jacksons to represent these ideas.

You should check out the Simple Living subreddit, always some interesting stuff posted there.

I've been into minimalism for a while now. I've always identified with the ideas of simple living, and personally I find it to be such a no-brainer.

And on a Michael note, I've always found the lyrics of Destiny by The Jacksons to represent these ideas.

You should check out the Simple Living subreddit, always some interesting stuff posted there.

Hi! Great to see someone else who's interested in Minimalism!
I agree on the lyrics. Though we can't say Michael was a minimalist.....more like a hoarder :D

You said it's a no-brainer- were you raised in a minimalist household or did you adapt the lifestyle later in life?

Thank you for the link- will definitely check it out.

Well, I'm gonna try it out too now :blush:

Since, I'm about to move to a 'smaller' flat, I need to get rid of stuff and decided to 'declutter' too.

I honestly have to say that I always thought 'Minimalism' stood for 'empty' and 'cold' houses with no 'life' in them but that was before I put some 'research' in it lol. :smilerolleyes:

A few years back, I bought a book called "Soul searching" and basically it comes down to getting rid of all your clutter and all the negative energy that dwells into your home. I'm fed up with being a 'slave' of all the stuff you need to move around or dust. :doh:

It does feel quite 'cleansing' to 'springclean' your home and when you stop buying all that 'material' stuff that you don't exactly need, you're left with even more $ in the bank too that you can save for other stuff.

I think its also something great to do as its a NEW goal in life and 'moving' forward in life instead of sitting there stuck with all that stuff around yé.

Its quite a challenge but its what keeps you going.
So, GOOD LUCK to all who is BRAVE to set that step! (y)
I can keep you updated on my 'living light' project if you want to?

Back