Anyone who could help to teach spanish to noob like me?

Rudolf

Proud Member
So, I've decided to learn very basics of spanish language. I already know few words. However, it will be hard for me to learn, cause I don't have to talk in spanish at all, except internet (and only if I would want to. main sites are in english anyway).
Could anyone be so kind and post here very basics of spanish? Something like how to form simple basic sentences? How to talk about something in past, future etc? What I've learned so far - ''Yo tengo remasterizado este video.'' Lol :lol:

lol @ your sentence, that was cute :happy:
Spanish is my native language, I would like to help you.

What would you like to know specifically?

^ Haha, yeah, well that's because I deal with videos and that stuff a lot :p
I would like to know how to write simple sentences in past and future. How to transfer something like ''I am writing this letter'' to ''I wrote this letter'' and to ''I will write this letter'' ? That's just example. Something on how to transfer words if you understand what I mean.

Gracias por ayuda :)

(regarding this sentence - i think everyone knows ''gracias'', two other words i saw in translator. it seems ''por'' means ''for'' and ''ayuda'' means ''help''. hopefully i will remember these all words. :D)

Edit: No problem :D
But the right way to say it is : Gracias por la ayuda

That would be hard because the first the second and the third person in singular and in plural in Spanish are different from each other, for the past present and future.

Example write : escribir en pasado (past)

Yo escribí
Tú escribiste
Él escribió
Nosotros escribimos
Vosotros escribisteis (Ustedes escribieron would be what people use in Latin America)
Ellos escribieron

Depends on the word and the person :)

But if you need to translate some sentencesm just ask me.

Last edited:
^ La means ''the'' right? But what's the difference between la, el, los, las, lo ? They all mean the same ''the'' ?

^ La means ''the'' right? But what's the difference between la, el, los, las, lo ? They all mean the same ''the'' ?
Exactly. They all mean the same :D But depends on the noun, the number and its gender. Example : la casa (the house), el libro (the book), los lagos (the lakes), las flores (the flowers), etc.

Oh! Something important: The gender of a noun often has nothing to do with the concept of male or female. It's just the result of centuries of grammatical and spelling conventions. That's really arbitrary. (crazy, I know :p)

That's why I would understand why some people say Spanish it's hard :p
In English all you have is "The"

The best thing to do it's just memorize the nouns and their gender.

Last edited:
''Yo tengo remasterizado este video.'' Lol :lol:
:giggle: xD That's funny.

:waving: I think it would be really difficult to learn about the language like this,even the basics,unless you only want to know specific sentences or have something translated.
If you have some time,there are a number of online free resources that could give you a better general idea.I'll list a couple,in case you want to take a look :
http://spanish.about.com/od/tipsforlearningspanish/u/start.htm

http://www.123teachme.com/learn_spanish/beginner/

http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/spanish/guide/

MJJLatvia said:
They all mean the same (different gender/singular-plural),except lo,which is a bit tricky,as it can function in a variety of ways.It's used as an article when referring to abstractions.
Better explained here : http://spanish.about.com/od/sentencestructure/a/lo.htm

lucilla said:
That's why I would understand why some people say Spanish it's hard :p
In English all you have is "The"

Lol,true,but it's still easier than languages with neutral gender.I found that quite confusing when attempting to learn other languages,like Latin or German XD

Back