Anyone who puts The Jacksons output 1976-1980 as high as early solo MJ?

I haven't seen the torture video yet but when I get a chance i'll check it out. it's a really good song. I think people have problems with it because Michael wasn't in it. which is understandable because he didn't want to do it anyway.

Meh it's nitpicking, all of those songs could have been released on Jackson 5 albums; It's just a moneygrab from a hit making machine (Motown). If Ben was released as let's say the 8th single of the Jackson 5 it wouldn't have reached nr 1. By 1972 the Jackson 5 singles sold less, not because of lesser quality but because of the novelty factor that wore off.

That doesn't change the fact that Got To Be There was his first solo album

J5 had a lot of good songs to me. though like you said they would probably dig deep to find them. maybe they not willing to do that. funny they do it to Michael why not his early days? maybe they just not in to it though that's history. when Michael was alive. he always did the old Motown songs in concerts etc because he knew where he came from and never forgot it.

I don't know. but it's sad that his Motown old songs are not being recognize today. I wouldn't call them outdated or anything. some of them sounds like they could be made today. or maybe I just have an old soul. hahaha.

last year they did rerelease some of J5 records etc. some people brought them to add to their collection.

so there are people who do listen to J5 songs just not, many? I guess?

I think if they did release some concerts people probably be more interests in them.

Keep in mind they was a boyband. so most of their fans was really teenagers during the time. though that's not saying they had adult fans as well. they had a mixer of both. :)
:clapping:
As a BIG J5 fan this makes me happy to read

That is true. I actually watched it the other day on youtube. Man I remember that video used to scare the bejesus of out of me. What was up with that video anyway with all the symbolism and stuff?
I used to try & catch that video all the time. The reason it was weird for me because i felt like I could never find mj. I think the shades was also a last minute thing. I really wish someone could be truthful & tell the real reason why mj & Jermaine weren't in the video

Back