Appeal denied / AEG Live goes to Court of Appeal to dismiss remaining negligent hiring claim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: AEG Live goes to Court of Appeal to dismiss remaining negligent hiring claim

i presume kjs objection to the appeal?

Re: AEG Live goes to Court of Appeal to dismiss remaining negligent hiring claim

Ivy, I was reading your tweets and you posted this:
Katherine Jackson files her opposition to AEG's Live's request to dismiss the whole case at Court of Appeals.

Are they allowed to do that?
If yes, how come Jackson's have NOT filed opposition on CM's appeal?

Seeing how this is between Mrs Jackson and AEG she can raise her objection. With Murray it was between him ans the state of California so the state rasied an objection to Murray

The d.a would file an appeal to any appeal murray ever files i guess

If DA is the only one who can object, why Jackson's hasn't contacted on DA and asked them to object his appeal?

If DA is the only one who can object, why Jackson's hasn't contacted on DA and asked them to object his appeal?
The state has no legal gounds to object to his appeal - Under law he is allowed to appeal .. the court can deny his cause once it goes to appeal if he doen't prove his cause or doesn't file properly. It can take yrs to get though all the courts. first local then state supreme, then federal. when one denies your cause you can go to next higher court for a higher decision. Most likely Murray will be released before all that happens. and I doubt very much he can show just cause for a re-trial or mistrial.

None. Margaret Lodise's duty is only about the probate and looking for the best interest of kids in the Estate matters. Nothing more.

Yes I know about Lodise, but doesn't the kids have their own lawyer in the AEG case? Is Katherine's lawyer, the kids lawyer too? I don't know why I thought the kids had their own lawyer the way Bashir had his own lawyer in the 05 trial.

^^ I think Brian Panish and Co is lawyer for all of them, including Randy.

^^
Yes they have one set of lawyers. The kids do not have their own lawyers and Katherine signs everyone in their name.

^^Oh thanks guys. I wonder if Panish will charge more since it is a group of people.

The only people that Parish represents in the AEG case is Kat and the children. They are the only names on that case filing against AEG. We will see the bill probably in the next Estate Financial report and you can bet it will be outrageous."He's the 40 Billion dollar man" LOL

^^ Wasn't he mentioned as Randy's lawyer when they were trying to get him to sit his deposition + lawyer for other siblings?
It certainly doesn't mean that Panish sends the bill to them, it is either K or the estate that pays the bill.

Also Perry Sanders, K's personal attorney gave few hours ($500/hour) of advice to TJ during guardianship incident,
but the estate paid that bill too?

Panish also represents Randy, Jermaine and Janet in this case.

I wonder if they get bulk discount?

AEG has just lost their appeal at Court of Appeals. The trial will go forward. We should see an opinion from Court of Appeals soon.

AEG has just lost their appeal at Court of Appeals. The trial will go forward. We should see an opinion from Court of Appeals soon.

no real surprise there.

Oh no:eek:

This is going to get more than ugly :no:

Last edited:
Because of the involvement of the children, this is feeling almost worse than the CM trial.

Requests

- AEG wants the court of appeal to stay the court proceedings.

- Grant AEG's summary judgment - meaning dismiss the remaining negligent hiring claim

- or make the superior court explain their cause as why it did not dismiss the claim

Strike the first request. Is there still a chance for the other two, or have I missed it?

I think AEG has made an excellent argument that there is no direct connection between a medical doctor being in debt, not board certified, treating an entertainment star, and killing them. They make a great case that being in debt does not mean you are a murderer and that CA law requires a direct connection. So many people are in debt these days (maybe everyone??) that this does not seem to be a sign of a criminal??? I agree that logically and legally, there is no way AEG could have foreseen what Murray was doing to MJ, how totally irresponsible and incompetent he was, and the consequences for this lawsuit to damage law re hiring and company negligence is great.

On the other hand, I have seen a lot of really bad judge's decisions. Michael had his share of bad judges, like the one in 93 that let the civil trial proceed with a concurrent criminal investigation, along with other bad rulings. I also was not happy with Melville in 05. We got way lucky with Judge Pastor in the CM trial and I loved his comments before sentencing--wow--that guy was incredible. I have a feeling Palazuelos is not up to par to let this negligent hiring idea proceed.

Agree!

I'm going to correct something

previously I wrote

We should see an opinion from Court of Appeals soon.

at that time I didn't realize that the court "Petition summarily denied by order" meaning that they denied it quickly without spending time on trying to write a detailed opinion referencing other cases and so on. So we won't be seeing an detailed order explaining the decision.

Therefore I'm closing this thread. If there are any new developments - such as taking this to Supreme Court - I will reopen the thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back