Are there other Ver. of Bad (25) Songs?

Somehow I don't think we'll know the full extent of how many tracks received Quincy's final polishing until after he passes, which is very sad. It's also a shame we couldn't have enjoyed songs like Hot Street, Nightline and Carousel back in 1983 by having them included as b-sides on some of the Thriller singles. Eg, Billie Jean/Hot Street; Beat It/Nightline; Human Nature/Carousel. It's a shame we have to wait decades to hear these songs when we could have enjoyed them back in the 80s. Re: Bad, I would love to hear any existing Quincy finalisations of songs like Price Of Fame; Streetwalker etc
Quincy's Ver. of Streetwalker has a different intro, different ad-libs i think, no guitar, fade out, no, "Won't ya give me some time"s, and a few different synths i believe that makes the chorus better. God I wish the estate released Quincy's Ver. in 2012 instead of Bottrell's

This is what I wish Bad consisted of if it was 16 tracks kinda like Dangerous through HIStoryirt

1. Bad
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Speed Demon
4. Free
5. Just Good Friends
6. Another Part of Me
7. Streetwalker (Quincy Ver.)
8. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
9. Dirty Diana
10. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
11. Throwing Your Life Away
12. Man In The Mirror
13. I'll Be Loving You
14. Smooth Criminal
15. Price of Fame
16. Leave Me Alone

As you can see, I left out Liberian Girl, as I felt Free is a better slower song that fits the album more, JGF imo is great for the album, its a really really fun song with 2 legends. Streetwalker starts a little story, MJ loves a streetwalker girl, they cannot stop loving each other but then she betrays him.

Do You Know Where Your Children Are I think works great for the album, It sends a powerful message to parents, which is literally, "Do You Know Where Your Children Are, because its now 12 O' Clock."

Then I put Throwing Your Life Away for a continuation of this song, as it basically continues on what happens if kids take drugs, its almost a Kid POV of DYKWYCA. Then its Man In The Mirror, I was a bit decisive where to put it, but I decided it belonged after the 2 drug related songs.

Loving You perfectly encapsulates MJ vocals at his best, I love his soft voice in that song, so much better than Liberian Girl. The song is also worked on more to be more than 3 Minutes and 3 Seconds, Maybe a 3rd verse. I also renamed the song to not get people confused with IJCSLY

Smooth Criminal is after, I really don't think its the best spot for it here, but Ithink it works great as one of the last songs of the album

Price of Fame is right after, talking about MJs struggles with paying the Price of Fame. Then Leave Me Alone, I think its the best album finisher of his entire discography, just a great funky song that makes you want more.

Singles:
1. I Just Can't Stop Loving You - #1 - Aug 87
2. Bad - #1 - Sept 87
3. The Way You Make Me Feel - #1 - Nov 87
4. Streetwalker - #1 - Dec 87
5. Man In The Mirror - #1 - Feb 88
6. Another Part of Me - #4 - Mar 88
7. Throwing Your Life Away - #2 - July 88
8. Price of Fame - #6 - Aug 88
9. Smooth Criminal - #2 - Nov 88
10. Do You Know Where Your Children Are - #7 - Jan 89

Due to this, there are few more well known songs of MJ that people still recognize to this day, Streetwalker, DYKWYCA and Price of Fame, Streetwalker due to the name of the song, isn't played on many radios, while DYKWYCA and Price of Fame are about as popular as TWYMMF and Bad

Bad, TWYMMF, Speed Demon, Streetwalker, Dirty Diana, DYKWYCA, Man In The Mirror, Price of Fame, Smooth Criminal and Leave Me Alone all receive music vids

Do you agree? Do you disagree? Was this really really Bad HAHAHAH heh. What changes would you make?

Last edited:
Of all of MJ’s albums, I would argue that Bad is the closest he came to perfection. Other than maybe swapping out “Just Good Friends” for “Cheater” (but repurposing it as a duet with Stevie), it’s his only album that never outstays its welcome or drags in the slightest. I love almost all of the outtakes but none of them reach the level where I feel like they’d make the album better by being included.

Of all of MJ’s albums, I would argue that Bad is the closest he came to perfection. Other than maybe swapping out “Just Good Friends” for “Cheater” (but repurposing it as a duet with Stevie), it’s his only album that never outstays its welcome or drags in the slightest. I love almost all of the outtakes but none of them reach the level where I feel like they’d make the album better by being included.
I was about to argue but, you're kind of right. I skip at least one on every album but BAD actually. Well, not HIStory. I think they're tied in a lot of ways but BAD is way better to listen to generally.

What songs would be added if there was a Bad Deluxe Edition? or Thriller Deluxe? Etc.

If I were to pick, it'd be these

No Off the Wall Deluxe

Thriller (Deluxe Edition)
Cost: +$2
10: Carousel
11. Hot Street
12: Got The Hots (Foreign Countries ONLY)

Cover would look very similar to Thriller 25's alternate cover

Bad (Badder Delxue Edition)
Cost: +$1.50
12: Streetwalker ('87 Ver)
13: Fly Away

Cover would be like Bad 25, but with less bold Gold outlines, and the same stance MJ has in the reg album

Dangerous (Danger Edition)
Cost: +3.50
15: Work That Body
16: Monkey Business
17: Serious Effect
18: She Got It

figured the songs considered for Dangerous 2001 would be used for the Danger Ed. Cover would be like the cancelled 2001 cover, but with more going on.

HIStory: Past, Present and Future, Book 1 (Deluxe)
Cost: +$5
Disc 3: HIStory: Unreleased and Uncovered
1: Faces
2: Why (Ft. 3T)
3: Fear
4: Elizabeth I Love You

Cover would be exactly the same, but with a bigger emphasis on the statue and with gold lettering to signify this is a special ed.

Invincible (Deluxe)
Cost: +$6.50
16: Beautiful Girl
17: A Place With No Name
18: Fall Again
19: Blue Gangsta
20: She Was Loving Me

Cover would be the original demo cover of invincible with minor tweaks to the colors, etc

Xscape (Regular)
1: Love Never Felt So Good
2: Slave To The Rhythm
3: Throwing Your Life Away
4: Loving You
5: Chicago Nights
6: Do You Know Where Your Children Are
7: Xscape
8: Love Never Felt So Good (Feat. Justin Timberlake)

Xscape (Deluxe)
1: Love Never Felt So Good (Original)
2: Slave To The Rhythm (Original)
3: Throwing Your Life Away (Original)
4: Loving You (Original)
5: Chicago 1945 (Original)
6: Do You Know Where Your Children Are (Original)
7: Xscape (Original)
8: I Never Heard (Original)

Exact same covers for Xscape reg and deluxe

What you think?

where did you hear this?
the info came from John Barnes. i don't recall where I've read this; could have been on facebook or in a book.

edit: just checked, it's both actually: John on fb & Damiens book.

There's more to it: "Together with Bill Bottrell, Barnes also sampled a series of gunshot sounds, as well as vocals from various James Brown songs. These samples were pieced together and edited to create a virtual gangster-inspiered duet between the King Of Pop & Gidfarher Of Soul - something Barnes says Jackson absolutely loved."

Last edited:
the info comes from John Barnes. i don't recall where I've read this; could have been on facebook or in a book.

edit: just checked, it's both actually: John on fb & Damiens book.

There's more to it: "Together with Bill Bottrell, Barnes also sampled a series of gunshot sounds, as well as vocals from various James Brown songs. These samples were pieced together and edited to create a virtual gangster-inspiered duet between the King Of Pop & Gidfarher Of Soul - something Barnes says Jackson absolutely loved."
this.

this is the holy grail now.

fuck gywoom, buffallo bill, crack kills

we NEED Al Capone ft. James & Roger.

Back