Are you kidding me?!

Michael was first and foremost a very insecure man, if it didn’t feel right, he bailed out of it. If he couldn’t even perform TLIML in the studio without the lights on then how on earth would he be able to perform it in front of 80 000 people…
The classic feelings (rather than rational thought) oriented individual,wasn't he? (Don't get me wrong,I don't see his emotional and fragile approach as a weakness,I actually find it quite fascinating. Makes me wish that there would be a book exclusively exploring Michael's psyche,in all honesty.Or is there one already and perhaps I have missed it?)
But he performed SIOOML! TLIML and SIOOML are very similar song. The only difference that TLIML is much better, but still MJ chosed to perform SIOOML...
Maybe it was a matter of pure personal preference coming from Michael,then?For example,he kept performing WBSS and the J5 medley,even during his last world tour.In the same manner,his last performance of SIOOML took place during the Royal Concert in 1996,just a couple of months before his final concert tour started.When considering that Mike also planned to perform the song during the ''Mj&Friends'' show in Seoul,in 1999,the (strong) connection between the song and its singer ultimately becomes obvious,I would say.
Or am I wrong? )

Why???? WHY??? Performance is so awesome! I can't believe, that he indeed was afraid to break his ankle, and for that reason canceled all RTT performances... WTF!!? He performed Ankle Breaker motion million times! Choreography from RTT is not that hard! That doesn't make any sence!😡

The classic feelings (rather than rational thought) oriented individual,wasn't he? (Don't get me wrong,I don't see his emotional and fragile approach as a weakness,I actually find it quite fascinating. Makes me wish that there would be a book exclusively exploring Michael's psyche,in all honesty.Or is there one already and perhaps I have missed it?)

Maybe it was a matter of pure personal preference coming from Michael,then?For example,he kept performing WBSS and the J5 medley,even during his last world tour.In the same manner,his last performance of SIOOML took place during the Royal Concert in 1996,just a couple of months before his final concert tour started.When considering that Mike also planned to perform the song during the ''Mj&Friends'' show in Seoul,in 1999,the (strong) connection between the song and its singer ultimately becomes obvious,I would say.
Or am I wrong? )
Well RTT is about love of his life, Diana Ross.... I really doubt that he had no personal preference for this song.... He loved this song 100%. But no live? Insanity...

Well RTT is about love of his life, Diana Ross.... I really doubt that he had no personal preference for this song.... He loved this song 100%. But no live? Insanity...
I was referring to ''The Lady In My Life'',though

Last edited:
Why???? WHY??? Performance is so awesome! I can't believe, that he indeed was afraid to break his ankle, and for that reason canceled all RTT performances... WTF!!? He performed Ankle Breaker motion million times! Choreography from RTT is not that hard! That doesn't make any sence!😡
Its been a while since I read it, but one of the persons from his team mentioned that the costume and changes were getting difficult to manage during the performance, so they cancelled it. I don't have a source in front of me, but maybe someone else on the forum has, I think it was in an interview with one of the dances.

He eventually changed his mind due to his apparent fear that he would twist his ankle.

A twisted ankle would have been a very negative thing for him because that would have led to cancellations of his Dangerous concerts.

Note that he twisted his ankle very badly while rehearsing that song for the 1993 Soul Train Awards performance.
this makes no sense! Michael worried that he would twist his ankle while performing! really!! Even if some step was risky, he could have changed it. He was a very accomplished dances, not some newbie trying new steps.

this makes no sense! Michael worried that he would twist his ankle while performing! really!! Even if some step was risky, he could have changed it. He was a very accomplished dances, not some newbie trying new steps.
He had no problems with doing his appropriately called “ankle breaker“ dance move during billie jean or rock with you so it doesn’t make sense indeed 😀

The short answer is Michael chose not to perform them and to be honest why would he perform random album tracks that hadn't been released as a single? He very rarely did songs that hadn't been released as a single when it came to his later tours.

Back