Atheist thread

In many instances culture and religion go hand in hand but in this case the Quran and Hadith mandates women to cover. It's a religious thing.

Quran (33:59) - "Tell thy wives and thy daughters and the women of the believers to draw their cloaks close round them..."
Quran (24:31) - "And say to the believing women that they cast down their looks and guard their private parts and do not display their ornaments except what appears thereof, and let them wear their head-coverings over their bosoms, and not display their ornaments except to their husbands or their fathers, or the fathers of their husbands, or their sons, or the sons of their husbands, or their brothers, or their brothers' sons, or their sisters' sons, or their women, or those whom their right hands possess, or the male servants not having need (of women), or the children who have not attained knowledge of what is hidden of women; and let them not strike their feet so that what they hide of their ornaments may be known." The woman is not only supposed to cover herself, except with relatives, but to look down, so as to avoid making eye-contact with men.

Quran (33:55) - "It shall be no crime in them as to their fathers, or their sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their woman, or the slaves which their right hands possess, if they speak to them unveiled" A woman may present herself without a veil only to family and slaves.

Sahih Bukhari (6:321) - Muhammad is asked whether it is right for a young woman to leave her house without a veil. He replies, "She should cover herself with the veil of her companion."

Sahih Bukhari (60:282) - After Muhammad issued the command (Quran 24:31) for women to cover themselves, the women responded by tearing up sheets to cover their faces.

Re: Athesit Thread (For non-believers only)

I get your point Respect, at the same time there is not a measurable way to measure reason so that convo could go on forever. I see a lot of people speaking about it but I am not sure how many people have actually LIVED it. I constantly see people posting scripture and various things to dismiss people that lived through it and are saying things that appose a specific belief, understanding, and/or perspective of someone that is speaking first hand..

I can tell you first hand that I have seen little girls take their moms hijabs and wear them to be pretty like mom. or a girls eyes light up when they are watching TV and see a beautiful outfit with the hijab. And after moving back to the US I have seen single women that have no one to answer to wear it with pride..

Sometimes cultural things (as you know) change meaning over time.. Sagging pants was not a fashion in the hood because it was cool, it was because people could not afford clothing and were 'Handy downs'.. hats and sun glasses were made for protection from the sun, now fashionable.. At one point in the US dresses on women were 'forced', a woman wearing pants would have been looked down upon.. Now women are seen every day choosing to wear dresses to look pretty.

My main hope from my post is to give the understanding if a woman says it's by choice to not give her BS about it because it's not believed. I even know a non muslim that lives in NYC that wears hijabs because the way it looks.

Women wore hijabs and derivatives of - before the Islamic religion exists and people outside the religion wear them today. And to your point while there are Mulsim woman that wear hijabs because of the thought of what they will seem like if they don't, there are many Islamic woman that don't wear them because of the same reason.. They don't want to be judged in a western country and want to fit in.. OR simply to make the stance, I am muslim and I want to show I can go without if I want.

my mothers neighbors take off there hijab when they leave the house so they wont be judged...

I don't know who is trying to pretend it is a feminist movement lol.. there are islamic feminist movements but that is not at all what I am talking about.. Just saying there are millions of islamic woman that prefer to wear hijabs out of choice and not all religious reasoning behind it.

^ I heard in passing something about Bieber! lol

I'm happy my religion imposes nothing.

This made me laugh way more than it should have

DKu194pXoAAZQXy.jpg

Hey guys it's been a while in this thread.. it almost died it seems like lol

I'm trying to make an organized documentation of similarities of biblical text and pegan ams other religious stories that pre date the bible..

For example the simularities with Noah and Ziusudra, The Epic of Atra-Hasis & Gilgamesh..

Simularities between jesus and bhudda etc.

Does anyone have all this documented or had done the research in a way that it's very accurate. I've been aware of simularities with.jesus and horus and come to find out alot pf the stuff I found similar wasnt actually written about for horus so I'm just trying to organize fact from fiction so when I have debates I'm not found in a corner saying something not factual lol..

Any help would help me that sounds funny

let's settle this.
there is evidence in evolution and the big bang theory
but there is also evidence in god(s) and holy scripture
"religion starts wars" that is not because of the scripture itself but the people editing it, even the bible says something against it: "18. I warn everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this scroll: If anyone adds anything to them, God will add to that person the plagues described in this scroll. 19 And if anyone takes words away from this scroll of prophecy, God will take away from that person any share in the tree of life and in the Holy City, which are described in this scroll.". Michael believed in God so please respect people who believe in God as much as you respect Michael's beliefs. the important thing is that we find meaning in our beliefs and we L.O.V.E each other anyway we are just human and probably we will never know really but we should be respectful and kind.

I have respect for your opinions and beliefs but I just want you to recognise the line between Expressing opinions and beliefs and hate speech.
Expressing your beliefs and reasons of your beliefs is expressing yourself but implying that Christians and other theists delusional, brainwashed, stupid, etc is technically hate speech whether it is it's deliberate or not (this also applies to Christians and other theists). I respect your beliefs and what you got to say but I am just reminding you but this applies to everyone.

The idea of the existence of a God is mind blowing. Life is too short to celebrate something that may or may not exist.
Religion also tends to divide and cause trouble when it should do the opposite. I don’t have time for this.

Back