Atheist thread

VrfBI8Q_d.webp

Ricky has some witty comments. I recommend his movie "The invention of lying". So silly yet so clever!
I love Ricky, not least because of his passion for animal well-fare!

Invention of Lying is great! My first acquaintance with Ricky was with The Office (2001). I lived and breathed that show! Then came Extras (2005), The Ricky Gervais Show (2010), An Idiot Abroad (2010), Afterlife (2019). Oh, and plenty of standup shows. I love them all (albeit somewhat “more or less”).

Punk goes to church, the priests push him out.
Punk sits down on the steps.
God sits down next to him.
- Why so sad?
- They won't let me in.
-Don't worry about it, they won't let me in either.

To expand a little on this topic.
Saying how you're an atheist for organized religions is easy nowadays. But are you able to stretch that idea to other topics as well?

For me atheism is much more than not believeing in a god. it's also not believing in positive energy, horoscope, power of crystals, power of the moon, karma, reincarnation, tarot reading, ghosts, etc.
I think that in the absence of classical religions, the modern human had to replace it with all this new age nonsense to fill the gap.

To expand a little on this topic.
Saying how you're an atheist for organized religions is easy nowadays. But are you able to stretch that idea to other topics as well?

For me atheism is much more than not believeing in a god. it's also not believing in positive energy, horoscope, power of crystals, power of the moon, karma, reincarnation, tarot reading, ghosts, etc.
I think that in the absence of classical religions, the modern human had to replace it with all this new age nonsense to fill the gap.
For me, it's only about not believing in any gods. I'm 100% atheist and still believe in some of those other things you mentioned

Pick and choosing the type of magic you believe in, ok.
I just find it funny that someone can post a mountain of anti religious memes and quotes then goes to read daily horoscope.
It's just double standards and saying "my magic is better than yours". Very much like saying "my god is better than yours".

Pick and choosing in the type of magic you believe, ok.
I just find it funny that someone can post a mountain of anti religious memes and quotes then goes to read daily horoscope.
It's just double standards and saying "my magic is better than yours".
definition of the word atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods

Just because you made up your own definition of it, does not make me the opposite. Also, I don't read horoscopes? Who said I do that?

definition of the word atheism: disbelief or lack of belief in the existence of God or gods

Just because you made up your own definition of it, does not make me the opposite. Also, I don't read horoscopes? Who said I do that?
Ok, so let's go by the official definition and call you an atheist. Fine. Doesn't change the fact that you took one specific subject out of the pool of unscientific nonsense and are now bragging about it.
The term atheism may have started as a direct correlation to gods but nowadays it can just as easily be used to also cover other parts of human delusions. Or are you saying that the term atheism is reserved only for this one specific topic. So people who don't believe in power of crystals, but believe everything else, should find their own word. And people who don't believe in reincarnation should find their own word.
Come on. Just use atheism to cover all this nonsense.

Ok, so let's go by the official definition and call you an atheist. Fine. Doesn't change the fact that you took one specific subject out of the pool of unscientific nonsense and are now bragging about it.
The term atheism may have started as a direct correlation to gods but nowadays it can just as easily be used to also cover other parts of human delusions. Or are you saying that the term atheism is reserved only for this one specific topic. So people who don't believe in power of crystals, but believe everything else, should find their own word. And people who don't believe in reincarnation should find their own word.
Call it whatever you want, it's still not the correct definition of the word. And don't claim that others are not atheists just because they believe in some things that you don't that clearly has nothing to do with atheism
Also, i didn't brag about anything?

I believe ‘superstition’ is the word you’re looking for.

Call it whatever you want, it's still not the correct definition of the word. And don't claim that others are not atheists just because they believe in some things that you don't that clearly has nothing to do with atheism
Also, i didn't brag about anything?
It's not about what I believe, it's about what is scientifically proven and what is not.
And yes, I claim that if you believe in any form of magic (gods, karma, ghosts, reincarnation, etc.) you are not an atheist.
As for your bragging, I'm talking about almost two pages of anti religious memes and quotes that you have posted. So you don't believe in gods, but you do believe in __________ (insert a random magical pixie dust concept that you happen to like). So tell me, what are the magical pixie dust things that you believe in, so I can open a thread and post 2 pages of memes.

I believe ‘superstition’ is the word you’re looking for.
Spiritualism would be even more correct because it includes everything, including religion.

It's not about what I believe, it's about what is scientifically proven and what is not.
And yes, I claim that if you believe in any form of magic (gods, karma, ghosts, reincarnation, etc.) you are not an atheist.
As for your bragging, I'm talking about almost two pages of anti religious memes and quotes that you have posted. So you don't believe in gods, but you do believe in __________ (insert a random magical pixie dust concept that you happen to like). So tell me, what are the magical pixie dust things that you believe in, so I can open a thread and post 2 pages of memes.

Spiritualism would be even more correct because it includes everything, including religion.
I post about atheism in an atheist thread, what does that have to do with bragging?

I post about atheism in an atheist thread, what does that have to do with bragging?
Posting is one thing, spamming two pages of memes is another.
I didn't mean to single you out, my original post was meant for everyone who posts here. But since you yourself claimed how you believe in certain magic pixie dust stuff, your mountain of posts, some of them repeated, stucked out even more.
I'm sure you're not the only one here who picks and chooses which magic to ridicule and which magic to worship. In fact, I would say most of them are this way, hence why I even made my post in the first place.
This thread is 30 pages long. I haven't read all of it, but I'm pretty sure that only religion is being mentioned and no other spiritual nonsense that exists. Maybe take this knowledge of one nonsense being nonsense, apply it to other nonsenses and make this world a better place, how about that?

Posting is one thing, spamming two pages of memes is another.
I didn't mean to single you out, my original post was meant for everyone who posts here. But since you yourself claimed how you believe in certain magic pixie dust stuff, your mountain of posts, some of them repeated, stucked out even more.
I'm sure you're not the only one here who picks and chooses which magic to ridicule and which magic to worship. In fact, I would say most of them are this way, hence why I even made my post in the first place.
This thread is 30 pages long. I haven't read all of it, but I'm pretty sure that only religion is being mentioned and no other spiritual nonsense that exists. Maybe take this knowledge of one nonsense being nonsense, apply it to other nonsense and make this world a better place, how about that?
Because that has nothing to do with atheism, and this is an atheist thread

Because that has nothing to do with atheism, and this is an atheist thread
Man, you really dug into that.
God forbid we expand this topic after 30 pages, because this thread is only for those who don't believe in one super specific type of nonsense.
Naaah, let's just continue spamming anti religious memes for another 30 pages while polishing our crystals and soaking up the moon's energy. Because that's science, right!

Back