BAD Tour Vs Dangerous Tour (Song by song)

analogue

Proud Member
Wanna Be Startin Somethin -
BAD Tour - It sounds better with a handheld mic

I Just Can't Stop Loving You -
Dangerous Tour - Better ad libs, and MJ has better chemistry with Siedah

She's Out Of My Life -
BAD Tour

Jackson 5 Medley
- BAD Tour - Because of the ending of I'll Be There

Human Nature -
BAD Tour - Better vocals

Smooth Criminal -
Dangerous Tour - Handheld mic holds back the dancing and Dangerous Tour has The Lean

Thriller - BAD Tour -
It has live vocals

Working Day And Night
- Tie

Beat It
- Tie

Billie Jean
- Dangerous Tour - Better Adlibs

Bad
- Haven't seen enough Dangerous Tour footage to compare

The Way You Make Me Feel
BAD Tour - Mainly because of the ''Come on give it to me'' ad libs

Man In The Mirror
- BAD Tour - But only slightly

Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Bad Tour. A lot better performance and better with the normal mic

Bad Tour. I like Sheryl's voice more than Siedah's live voice. She sounded great on the album though.

She's Out Of My Life
Both are great

Human Nature
Bad Tour. Better vocals because of the normal mic.

Smooth Criminal
Bad Tour. Better visually and I like the normal mic more. I also like the dance part more than the lean.

Thriller
Bad Tour. Live vocals.

Working Day And Night
Dangerous Tour.

Beat It
This is hard. Both are amazing.

Billie Jean
Bad Tour

Bad
Both are great.

The Way You Make Me Feel
Bad Tour

Man In The Mirror
Bad Tour. More live singing.

Wanna Be Startin Somethin
Dangrous for the dancing but vocally Bad

I like the Dangerous performance better but I'd take the ending vocal 'battle' at the end on Bad tour over ending at Dangerous any day..I love it!

She's Out Of My Life
specifically I like the way Mike sings "And it cuts" the way he yells that out on Dangerous I love but aside from that Bad..

Human Nature
Bad Tour vocals but Dangerous moves

Smooth Criminal
Bad Tour but it needed the lean from the Dangerous tour

Thriller
Bad Tour

Working Day And Night
Dangerous Tour.

Beat It
depending on WHICH show it changes for me

Billie Jean
Bad vocals but Dangerous tour ending dance sequences

Bad
Bad even though I would watch Dangerous if give both to watch cuz I've watched way less

The Way You Make Me Feel
Bad Tour

Man In The Mirror
Bad Tour however on Bucharest second half looked like he would have performed to death if he had to.. and that powerful spin..

So pretty much I like pieces of each better than the other not able to chose

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Bad Tour, vocals and the energy

I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dangerous Tour, by far

She's Out Of My Life
Bad Tour, this was really tough, but I'm saying Bad Tour because of the hold he had on Wembley

Jackson 5 Medley
Bad Tour, close call but I'll Be There adlibs for the win

Human Nature
Bad Tour, the vocals alone on this

Smooth Criminal
Dangerous Tour, the lean and the staging of the song

Thriller
Bad Tour, it was just more exciting in general

Billie Jean
Dangerous Tour, the vocals, the dancing and the flow to the song was captivating

Workin' Day and Night
Dangerous Tour, tough call, but the dancing and the breaks are better, and the illusion was incredible

Beat It
Dangerous Tour, the vocals and the energy. Bucharest was the peak

Bad
Bad Tour, only because we haven't seen it on the DWT, the rehearsals did look promising

The Way You Make Me Feel
Dangerous Tour, as much I love it on the Bad Tour, after seeing Tokyo 1992, I don't think I've been so entertained watching MJ lip sync. He was so on form

Man In The Mirror
Bad Tour, the feeling and the emotion. I love the ending of the song on the DWT but it feels too much like a duet with Siedah for me.

Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
Bad Tour, Vocals, energy, the band sound. Perfect

I Just Can't Stop Loving You
Dangerous Tour, Just felt his voice grew into it even more live

She's Out Of My Life
Dangerous Tour, felt he added a little more to it than the Bad Tour.

Jackson 5 Medley
Bad Tour, Yokohama is the definitive version.

Human Nature
Bad Tour, vocals, dance and MIME. Plus the crowds reaction every time.

Smooth Criminal
BAd Tour, seemed a little faster, slicker movements and the outfit just made it look better

Thriller
Bad Tour, that jacket... and vocals

Billie Jean
Bad Tour, better dancing- faster, more energy

Workin' Day and Night
Dangerous Tour, very very tough, but he had it perfected in 92. Jennifer's solo part is better than 87/88 by a million miles.

Beat It
Bad Tour, Yokohama was just perfect.

Bad
Bad Tour, extended and great dancing.

The Way You Make Me Feel
Bad Tour, just better vocals and dancing.

Man In The Mirror
Bad Tour, Wembley has become the definitive live MITM for me. The adlibs are insane and the backing vocals, instrumentation, everything is perfect.

I'm pretty much the same as OP but Man in the Mirror is definitely Dangerous Tour for me. I also prefer Working Day and Night in the Dangerous Tour.

WBSS - Bad tour (better vocals, instrumentation and outfit but the Dangerous tour performances between Rotterdam & Cologne might've been better)

Human Nature - Bad tour (better vocals and dancing at the end)

Smooth Criminal - Dangerous tour (but the early US performances were the best given MJ sang this live)

IJCSLY - Dangerous tour

SOOML - Dangerous tour (early US performances were on par tho and the performances on the 1st leg were even better)

J5 - Bad tour (love the ad-libs at the end)

Thriller - Bad tour (live vocals, MJ was on stage for the whole song and the light up jacket was cool)

Billie Jean - Slight edge to the Dangerous tour; while Bad had better vocals, instrumentation and camera angles Dangerous had better dancing, lighting and the descending stage for some shows (a few shows also had better ad-libs). Conflicted on the instrumentation tho and ad-libs are 50/50 (they just depends on what show it is).

Working Day And Night - Bad tour (faster tempo, better vocals, magic trick and outfit)

Beat It - Bad tour (better vocals, instrumentation, outfit and more energy but again the Dangerous tour performances between Rotterdam and Cologne could be better than the Bad tour performance between Rome and LA)

Man In The Mirror - Dangerous tour

Bad and TWYMMF were better on the 1st US leg of the Bad tour given they were sung live but after that there isn't much difference compared to the Dangerous tour.

Last edited:
Wanna Be Startin Somethin - Bad Tour, better live vocals.

I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Dangerous Tour, because he performed with Siedah and not that rat Sheryl Crow.

She's Out Of My Life - Dangerous Tour.

Jackson 5 Medley - Bad Tour.

Human Nature - Bad Tour, better live vocals and better ending to the song.

Smooth Criminal - Bad Tour, better outfit. The suit looks stupid with the Dangerous Tour leotard. Also, some Bad Tour concerts had live vocals.

Thriller - Bad Tour, because of live vocals.

Working Day And Night - Neither, as I never liked this song live.

Beat It - Dangerous Tour

Billie Jean - Dangerous Tour, especially Munich 1992.

Bad - Bad Tour

The Way You Make Me Feel - Bad Tour

Man In The Mirror - Dangerous Tour, better ending to the song.

Wanna Be Startin Somethin - Bad Tour, better live vocals.

I Just Can't Stop Loving You - Dangerous Tour, because he performed with Siedah and not that rat Sheryl Crow.

She's Out Of My Life - Dangerous Tour.

Jackson 5 Medley - Bad Tour.

Human Nature - Bad Tour, better live vocals and better ending to the song.

Smooth Criminal - Bad Tour, better outfit. The suit looks stupid with the Dangerous Tour leotard. Also, some Bad Tour concerts had live vocals.

Thriller - Bad Tour, because of live vocals.

Working Day And Night - Neither, as I never liked this song live.

Beat It - Dangerous Tour

Billie Jean - Dangerous Tour, especially Munich 1992.

Bad - Bad Tour

The Way You Make Me Feel - Bad Tour

Man In The Mirror - Dangerous Tour, better ending to the song.
!! @Nite Line i agree pretty much with your list (not human nature though ) and.......i know you just didnt call the amazing gold leotard stupid with the sc suit., :eek:, i will have to call on the gold leotard crew to now make you change your mind. @staywild23 @zinniabooklover @Hiker @MacMandy90 @LinLoveMJ @Ana_is_applehead @DangerousGal91 nite line is being a donkey right now -talk some sense into this one please

!! @Nite Line i agree pretty much with your list (not human nature though ) and.......i know you just didnt call the amazing gold leotard stupid with the sc suit., :eek:, i will have to call on the gold leotard crew to now make you change your mind. @staywild23 @zinniabooklover @Hiker @MacMandy90 @LinLoveMJ @Ana_is_applehead @DangerousGal91 nite line is being a donkey right now -talk some sense into this one please
LOL unfortunately, I am definitely not in the gold leotard crew haha. I will leave this to @Hiker ... I love the dangerous tour! But I'm a Bad fanatic, so for me Bad tour wins every time in every category lol.

No disrespect to the Dangerous tour though! It is still incredible 😊

The suit looks stupid with the Dangerous Tour leotard. Also
You think the gold body suit and SC outfit is stupid
Michael-Jackson-gifs-D-michael-jackson-22209655-500-364.gif

Lol, I admit that I am not the biggest fan of the leotard but even if you like it, you have to admit that wearing the smooth criminal jacket over the leotard is a fashion disaster.

mj17.png
It's not done until I post this, just look at that man 🥵🔥🔥

Lol, I admit that I am not the biggest fan of the leotard but even if you like it, you have to admit that wearing the smooth criminal jacket over the leotard is a fashion disaster.
It's horrible. I love the gold leotard but not teamed with the SC jacket.

Back