Bad was supposed to replace wdan

wonderouzmj

Proud Member
New News to me!! A jumpsuit made from red and black parachute material with quick-change zip and Velcro front closures. Dennis Tompkins and Michael Bush originally created a "magic jumpsuit" for Michael Jackson to wear as he performed the song "Bad" before performing his disappearing act. The order of the show was changed during preparation for the bad tour show because the transition of singing "Bad" right into "Beat It" was too strenuous. Jackson instead performed "Working Day and Night," so Tompkins and Bush created the white jumpsuit. The panel of red fabric on the side of the jumpsuit is signed in black marker "Thanks Michael Jackson."
I wish I could've saw bad with a magic trick at the end. That would've been so epic!
5ca270d6716b33e9ff44e87a8ca48b67.jpg

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
What Tour are we talking about? Bad or Dangerous ?

Those belts really make it look like BAD tour, yes! Reason sounds legit.. Mike started doing BAD on playback during second leg of BAD Tour. During Dangerous tour he scrapped Beat it, because it became too hard. Sounds plausible :)

Those belts really make it look like BAD tour, yes! Reason sounds legit.. Mike started doing BAD on playback during second leg of BAD Tour. During Dangerous tour he scrapped Beat it, because it became too hard. Sounds plausible :)

I thought Michael scrapped Beat It because Jennifer Batten wasn't available to play guitar for the 1993 tour dates, and he didn't like how her (Temporary) replacement played the guitar solo.

But given the crap he was going through during that time he probably wasn't in the right state of mind to pull off a high energy performance of WDAN and Beat It..

This kinda makes no sense because WDAN was a much faster and harder song to sing than Bad.

Wow that looks cool. That's news to me that Bad would have been after WDAN.
I don't know why but I can't picture any song coming after than WDAN other Beat It, it's as if they come as a pair.
I wonder if MJ would have used the cherry picker for Bad?

This kinda makes no sense because WDAN was a much faster and harder song to sing than Bad.

The live version of WDAN isn't as vocally demanding as Bad and the live version of WDAN is sung in a lower key to the album version. So that made things a lot easier for Michael.

Last edited:
“The order of the show was changed during preparation for the bad tour show...”

If true, does this mean there could be rehearsal footage of this? Or would have this been before rehearsals even happened, in the planning stage? Maybe there were rehearsals of this as there had to be some trial before decisions to not put it before Beat It were made

Rocketeer;4320665 said:
“The order of the show was changed during preparation for the bad tour show...”

If true, does this mean there could be rehearsal footage of this? Or would have this been before rehearsals even happened, in the planning stage? Maybe there were rehearsals of this as there had to be some trial before decisions to not put it before Beat It were made
Good question. We would probably have to find the 87 rehearsals to find out. I hope the 88 Pansacola rehearsals leak from whoever bought them at auction.

Good question. We would probably have to find the 87 rehearsals to find out. I hope the 88 Pansacola rehearsals leak from whoever bought them at auction.
There was no time to rehearse completely from scratch for the '87 shows, so they had to go on with the Victory tour setlist and style.

The live version of WDAN isn't as vocally demanding as Bad and the live version of WDAN is sung in a lower key to the album version. So that made things a lot easier for Michael.

I beg to differ. When you put into account how much he moves and the choreagraphy and the spins and the stops and the running and everything i would think that performing WDAN would be much a more strenous task than performing Bad. He isn't doing a lot of movement during bad, it's basically him with the mic stand and the verses are sung in a low register and he was also holding back a bit on the chorus when he sung it live on the bad tour. He wasn't full out belting it the way he did it on the song or even on the Dangerous Rehearsals.

It kinda reminds me of that victory farari photoshoot

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

I beg to differ. When you put into account how much he moves and the choreagraphy and the spins and the stops and the running and everything i would think that performing WDAN would be much a more strenous task than performing Bad. He isn't doing a lot of movement during bad, it's basically him with the mic stand and the verses are sung in a low register and he was also holding back a bit on the chorus when he sung it live on the bad tour. He wasn't full out belting it the way he did it on the song or even on the Dangerous Rehearsals.

Michael`s voice had been having difficulties since the Triumph tour, so I believe this to be more of a vocal thing. Just thinking about how he sang 'Baaaaaaaaad, I`m BAD...' on Yokohama en also Beat it, I believe he knew it would become too much for his vocal cords in the long run.

MJ`s energy (muscle wise, dancing) never let him down in this era. Choreo would be no problem to perform these after each other.. he did more intense/complex dancing in his later career for such duration.

Back