Batman: The Killing Joke (Direct to DVD/Blu-ray Animated Film)

Victory2004

Proud Member
Pic
batman-the-killing-joke.jpg
Trailer

I'm excited about this. Good that Hamill and Conroy are back. The only thing I don't like is the art style.

I'm excited The Killing Joke is made into a feature film, very curious to know how they made the movie longer than the comic but I don't understand why they didn't a similar coloring/animation to the comic.

image-71-655x1024.jpg

I'm excited The Killing Joke is made into a feature film, very curious to know how they made the movie longer than the comic but I don't understand why they didn't a similar coloring/animation to the comic.
they ruined it by adding a batgirl backstory:mat: the animation is cheap rubbish, i seen stuff from 20 years ago that looks better than this crap. all the bolland detailed artwork is gone:(:mat: looks like all the budget went to hamill

I actually think The Batgirl addition wasn't that bad, what disappointed me was the animation and the fact they didn't make it an R-rated movie.

If DC was going to give it an R classification the moment when Barbara was shot and alledgedly raped by The Joker needed to be more gruesome given his sadistic nature, they din't even show James Gordon naked and recieved more torture in the comic. Don't get me wrong, I'm not a pervert but I was hoping to see Barbara naked and full of blood like the original intended arkwork in the comic.

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-m4VGP0F6.../P1u3zwyC1dQ/s1600/KillingJokeOriginalArt.jpg

Batman: Mask Of The Phantasm was done over 20 years ago and it still remains to me as the best Batman animated movie. I wanted The Killing Joke to surpass it but it didnt, it could have been better. It gets 7/10.

Last edited:
^ I'm sorry but the portion of "I'm not a pervert but....."

I still have not seen it

Wanting to see nudity in an alledge scene of rape (the writer himself, Alan Moore said it didn't happen) is not a perverted thing, nudity isn't in fact. Also, it was originally intended in the comic as it's shown in the picture link Barbara being nude but DC censored the comic publisher.

Back