Beat It on the History Tour..

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I recently watched a couple of history concerts and something that really stood out to me was the ending to beat it. I don't know if it's just me but does anyone else find that ending extremely tacky and to be frank, cringeworthy, when the "baseball" players come on stage and they swing their bats, hitting the balls? I just think that was too over the top and uncessesary.

The thing is I never had an issue with this paricular segment of the show earlier but now I had a kinda strong reaction to it. Am I the only one who didn't like that?

I see no problem with it.

What's the problem?

I honestly didn't get why the dancers had baseball outfits and bats, other than that I don't mind either especially Michael being over the top. :shifty:

I see no problem with it.

What's the problem?

I honestly didn't get why the dancers had baseball outfits and bats, other than that I don't mind either especially Michael being over the top. :shifty:

I like over top! I love the Earth Song ending with the tank on stage and the soldiers and the kid with the flower. That was powerful and majestic. It served a purpose and furthered the narrative. But on Beat It, the thing with the baseball bats and players just felt superflous and, Imo, they didn't further the song, the story or the performance.
[youtube]0DVPzbjj-Vc[/youtube]

I like over top! I love the Earth Song ending with the tank on stage and the soldiers and the kid with the flower. That was powerful and majestic. It served a purpose and furthered the narrative. But on Beat It, the thing with the baseball bats and players just felt superflous and, Imo, they didn't further the song, the story or the performance.

I almost always skip the tank and crying part. It's just too cringeworthy.

I almost always skip the tank and crying part. It's just too cringeworthy.
I thought the same until one day I was looking at the faces of the young people in the audience and realized it had probably been only a few short years since they saw tanks in their own streets. It hit home and brought tears and chills that time.

Remember the old 30s and 40s photographs of Brooklyn gangs playing baseball in the streets? Maybe this is symbolism of what gangs of kids Should be doing, instead of killing each other.

I never understood what was up with baseball stuff either. It was just really WTF and made no sense to me lol.

Remember the old 30s and 40s photographs of Brooklyn gangs playing baseball in the streets? Maybe this is symbolism of what gangs of kids Should be doing, instead of killing each other.

Now this is an idea I never thought of. I wonder if that is what Michael was going for.

I thought the same until one day I was looking at the faces of the young people in the audience and realized it had probably been only a few short years since they saw tanks in their own streets. It hit home and brought tears and chills that time.

OH, I never thought about it like that. But still, there is this random pizza delivery guy there lol. I kinda understand what he wanted to achieve. He wanted chaos, for it to be ignorant and disjointed, but to me it just came across as superfluous

Well, I have nothing wrong with Beat it ending. Well, the most favourite ending for is at Man in the Mirror in DWT :) Bu lately I watched Thriller and Oslo and I wonder why dragon appeared :busted:

Back