Beat It vs Black or White

MJInTheMirror

Proud Member
Both are extremely popular Rock songs, whick one is the best?
You can also write about which short film is better and why.
:)

MJInTheMirror;4104199 said:
Both are extremely popular Rock songs, whick one is the best?
You can also write about which short film is better and why.
:)

I agree that these two songs are extremely popular among public.

I think both of these songs (‘Beat it’ & ‘Black or White’) marked 80’s & 90’s (respectively) with their characteristic sound. Both of them have really strong melodies, exceptional guitar performances & are recognizable by almost every human being that lives in every corner of the world.

In terms of music, I think that ‘Beat it’ has an advantage over ‘Black or White’, but in terms of lyrics I believe that ‘Black or White’ has an advantage over ‘Beat it’. The global & overly serious message that it is conveyed through the lines of ‘Black or White’ explains why MJ did not let Weird Al Yankovic to parody this song (as he did with ‘Beat it’).

But, if you ask me, I would go for ‘Beat it’.

I prefer Black or White. Why? Because everything about it is just perfect. The lyrics, the vocals, the music, the video, the iconic look, the long curls, the era etc etc.

Beat It is solid and has an edgier sound plus its video is also awesome, however it has that... global and "extra" timeless (I said "extra" because Beat It is undoubtedly timeless, but not on the scale of Black or White) factor missing which is present in Black or White. Although I really really love the whole setting - you know, the gangs and everything - it doesn't quite hit the high points of Black or White.

Black or White for me!

Back