Best released outtakes vs best leaked outtakes

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
Please, let's keep it to HQ leaks. Camcord rips from the seminar that the guy hid up his crack don't really count unfortunately

Behind The Mask vs Hot Street
Price of Fame vs Chicago 1945
Slave to the Rhythm vs Family Thing
Much Too Soon vs Faces
Xscape vs Can't Get Your Weight Off Me
Best of Joy vs I Am A Loser

You can sub out and make the case for others. Just again, stick to HQ.

Price of Fame
vs Chicago 1945
Much Too Soon
vs Faces
This is my personal choice so I don’t mind if it’s not the best of the best : )

Price of Fame
vs Chicago 1945
Much Too Soon vs Faces

Slave to the Rhythm
vs Family Thing
Much Too Soon vs Faces
Best of Joy vs I Am A Loser (I can't decide)

Price of Fame
vs Chicago 1945
Slave to the Rhythm (OG) vs Family Thing
Much Too Soon vs Faces

Hot Street > Behind the Mask
Chicago 1945 > Price of Fame
Family Thing > Slave to the Rhythm
Much Too Soon > Faces
Xscape > Can't Get Your Weight Off Me
I Am a Loser > Best of Joy

Please, let's keep it to HQ leaks. Camcord rips from the seminar that the guy hid up his crack don't really count unfortunately
HID UP HIS CRACK HAHAHAHAHAHA

anyways, here's mine:
Much Too Soon vs Faces

Behind The Mask vs Hot Street - BTM is pretty annoying to me and I never miss a chance to skip it

Price of Fame vs Chicago 1945 - C1945 is good but it feels repetitive after the first chorus

Slave to the Rhythm vs Family Thing - FT isn't fleshed out enough lyrically to have an opinion on it.

Much Too Soon vs Faces - This should've been on HIStory, replacing Little Susie

Xscape vs Can't Get Your Weight Off Me - Would've been a good closer for Invincible or a follow up after Privacy

Best of Joy vs I Am A Loser - Loser has a nostalgic feeling to it that makes me happy....BOJ is corny

Behind The Mask (2010 version) vs Hot Street
Slave to the Rhythm
vs Family Thing
Much Too Soon vs Faces
Xscape vs Can’t Get Your Weight Off of Me

Yo
Hot Street > Behind the Mask
Chicago 1945 > Price of Fame
Family Thing > Slave to the Rhythm
Much Too Soon > Faces
Xscape > Can't Get Your Weight Off Me
I Am a Loser > Best of Joy
You can't even rank songs right... I hate this smaller number greater number crap

Little Susie is a great song if you're in the mood for classical/orchestral.

I don't think I can SCREAM and tell people THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US and how THIS TIME AROUND they're doing it for the MONEY to slow down and sing Little Susie. It's not a bad song, I just don't think it should've been on the album

I don't think I can SCREAM and tell people THEY DON'T CARE ABOUT US and how THIS TIME AROUND they're doing it for the MONEY to slow down and sing Little Susie. It's not a bad song, I just don't think it should've been on the album
It's a closer Song. You're not supposed to listen to it first or something. Stranger In Moscow is catchier, sure, but it's at the start as a result. Little Susie and Smile are both meant to be the closer. Post History, they flow well.

It's a closer Song. You're not supposed to listen to it first or something. Stranger In Moscow is catchier, sure, but it's at the start as a result. Little Susie and Smile are both meant to be the closer. Post History, they flow well.
different strokes.

Behind The Mask vs Hot Street - Tough Choice
Price of Fame vs Chicago 1945 - I haven't heard Chicago 1945 more than once, so can't judge it properly.
Slave to the Rhythm vs Family Thing - Never heard Family Thing
Much Too Soon vs Faces
Xscape vs Can't Get Your Weight Off Me - CGYWOM is overrated
Best of Joy vs I Am A Loser - Both gorgeous songs, but BOJ is my favourite MJ song released in the 21st century.

Behind The Mask vs Hot Street -> Hot Street is just unbeatable under the unreleased Tracks
Price of Fame vs Chicago 1945 -> Nothing more to say
Slave to the Rhythm vs Family Thing -> Those vocals >>>>>
Much Too Soon vs Faces -> I really love both, but Faces has more potential imo
Xscape vs Can't Get Your Weight Off Me -> I think Xscape is the better song, but I enjoy GYWOOM a bit more
Best of Joy vs I Am A Loser -> Again them vocals >>>>

Much Too Soon vs Faces
Xscape vs Get Your Weight Off Me
Best of Joy (THE TOY) vs I Am A Loser

Behind The Mask (2010 version) vs Hot Street
Much Too Soon
vs Faces
Xscape vs Can’t Get Your Weight Off of Me

This was tough but really fun!

Much Too Soon vs Faces

Hot Street (One of the best outtakes PERIOD and SHOULD have replaced Baby Be Mine on the album! I said what I said!

Price Of Fame (I strongly like Chicago 1945 from a songwriting standpoint but the concept feels VERY unfinished and whilst catchy and great vocally, it leaves something to be desired. Price Of Fame however is also a concept that feels largely unfinished but better structured and I enjoy how Michael blatantly ripped off his own track Billie Jean to create this. It works though and is very interesting to say the least.

Slave To The Rhythm (Family Thing has a nice groove and chorus but is obviously not finished by a long shot. Though judging the groove it has, I’d have to still go with STTR. However I will go out on a limb here and say the Tricky Stewart mix from 2010 is my favorite (Sans Bieber… eww)

Much Too Soon (One of the most beautiful songs Michael has ever done. Feels like a country song meets a classical song.)

Can’t Get Your Weight Off Me (I know I’ll get lynched for this opinion but Xscape (both versions) have always bored the piss out of me. Great vocals but not much else going for it in my opinion. CGYWOM on the other hand has rapidly become one of my favorites! It should have been on Vince without question! Could have replaced Privacy since it draws comparisons to that both melody wise and subject matter to a degree. One obviously being escaping media and one escaping a toxic relationship)

Best Of Joy (Again one of Michael’s most beautiful songs and I’m glad he didn’t put out The Toy because this song needed to marinate and Neff-U did such a good job on this track and I very much think Michael would have approved the mix! I Am A Loser is a very interesting concept but ultimately not much else. It’s catchy and had potential, that and I Was A Loser, nevertheless it didn’t have the attention needed to grow.

However my favorite released outtakes are probably:

Another Day (Truly a hidden Gem! Lenny and Michael make magic and I’d still love to hear the full original mix without DJ jackass yelling over the snippet.)

Blue Gangster

I’m So Blue (Incredible song!)

She’s Trouble (Obviously a few of these we heard long before they were “released” but this is one I think should’ve been on a follow up album before Bad but after Thriller)

Got The Hots (One of my favorite tracks ever! Those harmonies are magical!)

Monkey Business (Funky as a mug!)

We’ve Had Enough

Leaked Tracks Now:

Work That Body

If You Don’t Love Me

1987 SOPYHO

Days in Gloucestershire (Very unfinished! But so beautiful!!)

Last edited:
It still bothers me that the estate has ignored MJs approved mix and has released a recreated mix instead.
The mere thought of these Boeotians having the nerve to massacre what Michael and Bruce Swedien left behind, raises my hackles!

Back