Blood On The Dance Floor (Album)

Will forever be the missed opportunity album in my head. 5 new songs, if he had just put a couple of weeks time in finishing up the likes of in the back, ghost from another lover, changes and added finished tracks like someone put your hand out, monkey business and for all time we would have had a far better album than HIStory

1991 Dangerous
1995 HIStory
1998 For All Time
2001 Invincible
2004 the album that wasn’t to be
2007 the final album

Monkey Business and In the Back would've complimented the album well

Will forever be the missed opportunity album in my head. 5 new songs, if he had just put a couple of weeks time in finishing up the likes of in the back, ghost from another lover, changes and added finished tracks like someone put your hand out, monkey business and for all time we would have had a far better album than HIStory

1991 Dangerous
1995 HIStory
1998 For All Time
2001 Invincible
2007 the final album
People would be complaining that he wasted a slot on Someone Put Your Hand Out then.

1991 Dangerous
1995 HIStory
1998 For All Time
2001 Invincible
2007 the final album
Author Lynton Guest (in his 'The Trials Of Michael Jackson' book) explains what happened.

Sony Music wanted a brand new studio album at that time (with at least 10 new songs), but Michael Jackson disagreed with them.

So, the 'Blood On The Dance Floor' album came as a result of a compromise between both parts, hence its hybrid form.

If certain songs were complete on time, I could see it being a full album of new material

1. Blood on the Dance Floor
2. Morphine
3. Superfly Sister
4. Ghosts
5. 2 Bad
6. Serious Effect
7. In the Back
8. Monkey Business
9. Man in Black
10. Ghost of Another Lover
11. For All Time
12. Slave to the Rhythm
13. Is It Scary

Knowing how much Michael loved Hot Street & Streetwalker, and considering both songs were completed and excluded from the respective albums, I wonder why these songs weren't released on Blood.

Knowing how much Michael loved Hot Street & Streetwalker, and considering both songs were completed and excluded from the respective albums, I wonder why these songs weren't released on Blood.
Because they had no place in the 90s???

What do we be talking about sometimes

I don't know if those songs would've fit the vibe of the album. Streetwalker? Maybe. I posted a tracklist above of what I think could've worked

Last edited:
this would've been amazing:

1. Blood on the Dance Floor
2. Morphine
3. Superfly Sister
4. Ghosts
5. Is It Scary
6. Do You Know Where Your Children Are
7. Price of Fame
8. Slave to the Rhythm
9. Streetwalker
10. Throwing Your Life Away