Brothers of Michael Jackson plan musical on Broadway

Nathy MJ

Proud Member

Michael Jackson's brothers have reunited to create a Broadway show to celebrate his life, called Jackson 5: The Musical.

Jermaine Jackson, 57, has been in talks with his New York contacts and he, Jackie, 61, Tito, 58, Randy, 56, and Marlon, 55, have spoken to promoters.

The musical is based on their impoverished up-bringing and how they conquered the music world.

It will feature hits by Jackson - who died in June 2009 age 50 - such as Thriller and Billie Jean, and songs from the Jackson 5. A source said: "There have been a few meetings and the reaction has been really positive.

"The family have pitched it on the Jackson's life story - in particular Michael's.

"It was originally intended for 2004 but I don't think Michael was keen to do anything for a while after his child abuse trial, then the concerts came up.

"The family have felt the love from fans since his passing. They feel it's the right time to get the project up and running again."

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/c...roadway-102039-23924599/#.UE3fQ0F5HhV.twitter

Michael Jackson's brothers have reunited to create a Broadway show to celebrate his life, called Jackson 5: The Musical.

Look at that, they can't even call the brothers by their government names. LOL! It's ALWAYS "Brothers of Michael Jackson."

On Broadway - As If! It takes BIG MONEY to put on a Broadway show. That's number one.

Aside from that, Michael already has an Estate APPROVED show and its called Cirque du Soleil Immortal World Tour. A very successful show that is breaking all types of attendance records.

Lastly, for those who don't know, Berry Gordy is also putting together a Broadway show related to his Motown days, which will include the Jackson-5's music. And I can say with 100% certainty that Gordy will have all of the financial backing he needs to get this project off of the ground, unlike "Michael Jackson's brothers."

I will be interested to see how they manage this without estate permission for certain songs.

"The family have pitched it on the Jackson's life story - in particular Michael's.

Of course particularly Michael's, brothers don't sell.

"It was originally intended for 2004 but I don't think Michael was keen to do anything for a while after his child abuse trial, then the concerts came up.

Yeah right:doh: The same way as Michael planned to go on tour with brothers after 02 concerts. Now say lie as much as they can as Michael is not here they say a thing.

Edited to add Shelly Webster post from other thread that suits here too:
Jackson Five 'could tour in 2008'
Jackson Five
The band's hits include ABC and I Want You Back
The Jackson Five are to reunite for a tour, with Michael Jackson set to take part, brother Jermaine has said.

He told BBC 6 Music that concert dates have been discussed and could take place "sometime in 2008".

"Michael will be involved," the singer and guitarist confirmed. "We feel we have to do it one more time. We owe that to the fans and to the public. "

The group last toured as The Jacksons - with six members - in support of the Victory album in 1984.

Lead singer Michael, who had already released the million-selling Thriller album, was reportedly reluctant to go on the road with his brothers.

He told the audience on the last night of the tour that he was leaving the group.

Michael Jackson in concert
Michael will be involved - he was at the meetings
Jermaine Jackson
They released one more album, 1989's 2300 Jackson Street, before formally disbanding in 1990.

Rumours of a reunion have circulated for years, and Jermaine confirmed that the project was delayed by Michael's trial for child abuse in 2005.

"There's been so much going on, getting over all the hurdles that we all were faced with during Michael's trial," he told the station's The Music Week programme.

"But we are stronger than ever. I'm gonna say thank you, thank you, thank you so much to all the fans and the supporters of my family all over Europe, all over the UK especially, who came out to show their love and their support."

New material

Jermaine, who sang lead vocals for the band until his younger brother took over, added that Michael would definitely be part of the reunion.

"He has to be," he said. "He is a Jackson."

"He was at the meetings. Michael will be involved."

The star also hinted at new material, saying that the band was "in the studio at the moment".

The Jacksons - featuring brothers Tito, Marlon, Jackie, Jermaine, Michael and Randy, found fame in the 1970s with hits such as I Want You Back, ABC and Shake Your Body (Down To The Ground) and Can You Feel It.

Michael's success eclipsed that of his brothers in the 1980s, while sister Janet also rose to prominence - racking up seven US top ten singles from her Rhythm Nation 1814 album.

In the UK, Jermaine Jackson was seen as a contestant on this year's Celebrity Big Brother.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/7113211.stm

"The family have felt the love from fans since his passing. They feel it's the right time to get the project up and running again."
did that one came from Jermaine?

Why don't they focus on telling their own life stories and leave Michael's solo accomplishments alone?

Big Apple I was going to mention the Gordy show on Broadway, but I see you beat me to it. I am sure they know about that show, so when did they come up with this idea. Why all J5 shows have to include Michael's work after he left the group behind. If this is about the J5, why not keep it J5 music so the J5 fans could enjoy. Why bring Michael's solo material into it, to act as an attraction to sell tickets? Further, based on the Unity Tour, I expect many nights will be cancelled due to low sales.

Wait a minute, didn't some other guy say that he was planning a Broadway show about Michael where he will include the influences of the businesses, like Sony. Can anyone remember that thread earlier this year? Is Broadway getting Jackson Crazy!!

First of all the Jacksons story was already told in the mini-series "The Jacksons-An American Dream".

Second- Jermaine has some nerve implying that the reason Michael did not do a tour with them was his trial: Rumours of a reunion have circulated for years, and Jermaine confirmed that the project was delayed by Michael's trial for child abuse in 2005.

"There's been so much going on, getting over all the hurdles that we all were faced with during Michael's trial," he told the station's The Music Week programme.

It wasn't the trial , it was that HE DID NOT WANT TO TOUR WITH THE BROTHERS!! Period .

angfw5.gif
emoticons_487_0484.gif

@Petrarose

It was Frank Dileo's former aide. He was planning to take a musical tour based on dealings between MJ and FD on the road and turn the musical into a movie afterwards. It's a pretty delusional dream. http://www.nydailynews.com/entertai...-dirt-based-real-life-drama-article-1.1100982

And also, Michael was planning a Thriller musical before he died. It was a deal made with Nederlander Organization, which own Broadway theatres. This was recently mentioned on the news about estate's settlement with John Landis. http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/thr-esq/michael-jackson-estate-settles-dispute-367206

Thanks Nathy. It seems they are all planning to do a Broadway show at the same time, which is not a good idea. They will be flooding the market with the same theme, that is, if this thing ever becomes a reality. Now the Thriller one, I will definitely go and see. I notice in that interview above that Jermaine stated they were back in the studio again--the same comment the brothers made this year when they were promoting the Unity Tour. I only hope an estate connected show is done before the brothers decide to tackle this, because if they screw up, the public will be reluctant to pay for a good show afterwards.

I see Randy has joined with brothers. I wonder if he is running out the options and money.

I see Randy has joined with brothers. I wonder if he is running out the options and money.

Bubs I want to answer you question. ^^ The answer is, "More will be disclosed shortly."

I see a pattern here. It's the brothers desperate attempt to compete with the Estate. Notice whenever the Estate launches a project, the brothers try to replicate it almost at the same time. It's no coincidence.

I see a pattern here. It's the brothers desperate attempt to compete with the Estate. Notice whenever the Estate launches a project, the brothers try to replicate it almost at the same time. It's no coincidence.

You may have something there. Let's see: Immortal, and then came Wales fiasco tribute; Immortal, and then came Unity Tour; Plans about Michael biopic and Thriller Broadway show, and then came plans for J5/Michael solo Broadway show.

You may have something there. Let's see: Immortal, and then came Wales fiasco tribute; Immortal, and then came Unity Tour; Plans about Michael biopic and Thriller Broadway show, and then came plans for J5/Michael solo Broadway show.

My "favorite" part is when they ALWAYS say: "Michael was going to do it with us but....."

Their lame attempt to garner the support of Michael's fans by saying MJ would have been involved also.

My "favorite" part is when they ALWAYS say: "Michael was going to do it with us but....."

Their lame attempt to garner the support of Michael's fans by saying MJ would have been involved also.

It's my favourite part too:hysterical:
It is amazing how much Michael planned to do with brothers, yet he had to issue a good few statements to media to deny his involvement with brother's "project".
Of course now they say whatever they like as Michael is not here to issue statement about his involvement.

Petrarose, we shall wait for "more will be disclosed shortly":D"

Do they realize how much damage they have done regarding Michael's fans. More fans are distancing from them.

Step by step I feel sorry for Jermaine because for me it looks like he is living in a Kind of dream world since many years....

====================
Michael Jackson Issues Statement Regarding Participation in a Jackson 5 Reunion
ast update: 7:39 p.m. EDT Oct. 30, 2008
LOS ANGELES, Oct 30, 2008 (BUSINESS WIRE) --
Statement
"My brothers and sisters have my full love and support, and we've certainly shared many great experiences, but at this time I have no plans to record or tour with them. I am now in the studio developing new and exciting projects that I look forward to sharing with my fans in concert soon."
SOURCE: Scoop Marketing Link

====================

November 20, 2008
Quotation:
"During testimony on his relationship with Michael Jackson, the prince said that he and Jackson began by speaking on the phone. When the prince became interested in bringing Michael Jackson to his record label, 2 Seas Records, Jackson made his terms clear.

Recounting the conversation, the prince said, "If any brother or [Jackson] family member worked there [the record label], I'm not going to do the deal," referring to Jackson's comments."
http://www.zimbio.com/Sheikh+Abdull...7/Michael+Jackson+Expected+Appear+London+High

====================

Because kidnapping their mother and trying to speak ill publically about their brother's 3 kids in the tabloids didn't pull a profit for them.

Next stop - a musical!

It seems they can't over the fact Michael didn't want to work with them anymore making up stupid excuses and doing desperate, pathetic attemps to be in the spotlight at Michael's expenses!

Last edited:

Jermaine Jackson, 57, has been in talks with his New York contacts and he, Jackie, 61, Tito, 58, Randy, 56, and Marlon, 55, have spoken to promoters.

The musical is based on their impoverished up-bringing and how they conquered the music world.

It will feature hits by Jackson - who died in June 2009 age 50 - such as Thriller and Billie Jean, and songs from the Jackson 5. A source said: "There have been a few meetings and the reaction has been really positive.

http://www.people.co.uk/celebs-tv/c...roadway-102039-23924599/#.UE3fQ0F5HhV.twitter

I hope the estate puts a stop to this.

They don't have money for promoting and PR so they are riding on estate's projects coattails.
Also they don't have brains to create something their own. They need someone to tell them what to do, it used to be Michael, but now it is estate (although the estate doesn't tell them, they just copy:)).

"The musical is based on their impoverished up-bringing and how they conquered the music world."

That would be very short story, Michael was born and joined to brothers, thats how they conquered the music world.

t.

Petrarose, we shall wait for "more will be disclosed shortly":D"

^^Now that is my favorite one, and the funny thing about it is that now even Janet's lawyer uses it. What did they say about birds of a feather.........

Oh oh did I hear Jermaine say they conquered the music world? Maybe he means Michael helped the J5 conquer the music world, until as a solo artist Michael redefined the music industry, dominated popular music, and got many record labels and companies out of a slump.

Last edited:
"The musical is based on their impoverished up-bringing and how they conquered the music world."

That would be very short story, Michael was born and joined to brothers, thats how they conquered the music world.
Lol, that's also my favourite part! It cracks me up The brothers didn't conquer anything, the only one who conquered the music world is Michael. Apart from MJ fans, I bet no one can name one of the Jackson brothers.

I also notice this news comes out just when the Immortal is on break, and couple of days before BAD25... ''oh this is perfect time to release the news, there is nothing more said on Estates projects at the moment''..

lol, that bubble you all live in, Jacksons, is quite amusing...

Lol, that's also my favourite part! It cracks me up The brothers didn't conquer anything, the only one who conquered the music world is Michael. Apart from MJ fans, I bet no one can name one of the Jackson brothers.

Before that month in June, I knew their names but if I saw picture of them, I didn't know who the hell was who but Jermaine. When I was a child and watched for the first time I Want You Back, I thought they were Michael's back up dancers and singers

I was thinking yesterday the only reason the brothers could "shine" more than they were used to was because they used Katherine to force Michael to do the Pepsi commercials, the record and The Victory Tour. If they hadn't used Katherine to make Michael part of their projects, Michael would had never had that horrible accident and probably he'd never been addicted to painkillers.

It makes me really wonder what on earth did they do for a living after the tour ended... :thinking:

Back