Chicago 1945 or Throwin' Your Life Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
For those in the know..streets are wondering about your take.

Mayhaps this would make a better poll.

Chicago 1945 has been so hyped but even after hearing it non stop it still doesn't really stick with me..
Throwin' Your Life Away on the other hand I loved from the start and still do!

Chicago 1945 hands down. Single material, and great way to introduce new fans to MJ. Ps, what's the best sounding copy of TYLA do we have?

Both are fantastic. TYLA has those great driving verses, but I think I'd go with Chicago overall - great hook after great hook.

The hype killed Chicago 1945 for me, all these years talking about "material single" or "#1 assured" added to the fact that the Estate did not include it in Thriller 40 made me think that it really was a single material and a #1 assured.

It’s a good song but I don’t see it as a CURRENT single(???), maybe it could have been single in the 80s but I’m not sure about it either. I see it as a decent album track of Bad or even Thriller (I think it was recorded after Thriller but I’m not sure).

I like Throwing Your Life Away as it is, I don’t think it need many changes or a remix but since the first listen I thought about The Weeknd, I think it could be a good collaboration.

Throwing Your Life Away. Although the verses are weak the breakdown is amazing, listening to it drives me nuts. Chicago 1945 is fine but like people said here the hype killed it, it's far from being the "hidden gem" of the vault.

C45 doesn't feel like a finished song. And it's not that strong in comparison to MJ's catalog. Releasable as a demo, OK, along with other material I think.
TYLA is more appealing ... though I'm not sure if it's finished also ... (never listened to it much considering available quality)

Chicago 1945

feels more fleshed out, more catchy, it’s a good song

It is currently 4-3 in favor of throwing your life away. I expected opinions to be divided on this. Both were songs with potential.

The Estate should do the unexpected and use a handful of unreleased tracks in pivotal scenes of the biopic instead of beat it, thriller and billie jean.

Last edited:
How about a third option Dream Away lol

I will take throwing your life away over Chicago 1945

TYLA. And I'd leave it as it is. Don't want any changes at all. :)

The Estate should do the unexpected and use a handful of unreleased tracks in pivotal scenes of the biopic instead of beat it, thriller and billie jean.
Love this idea. I suppose the complaint would be that it would confuse viewers who are not up with Michael's unreleased stuff. But I think this would be brilliant. It could really change up the pace and energy of the film. Which I have no interest in, ngl. But I can imagine this idea working really well.

How about a third option Dream Away lol
Yes, please!

For me it's DA, TYLA and C1945 quite some way behind those two.

Last edited:
1. CHICAGO 1945
(Has „hit material“ written all over it!)

2. Dreams Away

3. Throwing Your Life Away
(Though admittedly, I only know the chorus)

TYLA is more appealing ... though I'm not sure if it's finished also ... (never listened to it much considering available quality)
I could be very wrong but was there ever a fully, FULLY finished song released after MJ's death..? I think each one misses 'something' (however small) in comparison to the actually finished stuff during his lifetime, even stuff like 'Hot Street' feels unfinished to me

Both are fantastic. TYLA has those great driving verses, but I think I'd go with Chicago overall - great hook after great hook.
TYLA has an excellent arrangement and I like how sparse it is. Reminds me of indie music.

Chicago 1945 feels like a lost MJ hit. Like a great in between for the 80s classic records. Love that vocal take.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back