Chicago 1945

As long as we get the original version I would love if all the versions available was released on a single.

Why contemporize a song when Kate Bush scores the biggest hit of her career with a song recorded in 1985?
It’s about the platform it’s promoted on and the song type. Songs like LNFSG demo or STTR demo aren’t on the same calibre for example.

Interesting how it was assumed that this song was done in the early months of 1984, yet know we find out that it was done in 1983.

Interesting how it was assumed that this song was done in the early months of 1984, yet know we find out that it was done in 1983.
So Chicago 1945 and Buffalo Bill both done in 1983.

Why did Quincy have so much control over Michael? Wasn't Michael the boss? I know there were a lot of decisions that Quincy was against but Michael went and did anyways, is there a reason why he didn't follow his will more often? Thriller most likely wouldn't be as grandiose if MJ did everything Quincy wanted.

If Q had only allowed him to release his much desired tripple LP album back in 1987.:(
On the positive side this means we now have quite a bunch of tracks left to anticipate!

It’s about time that T40 tracklist leaks so we all have something to complain about or celebrate again 🤣
Maybe Malachi hasn’t finished recording his brand new vocals yet 😝

Please direct your attention away from the vault and towards the fact that MJ The Musical is selling many tickets, thanks.
Focus on a biopic we have no news about or a circus that's around in one state in the world.
Q was the producer, hence he had the final say.
Do producers have that much power over the album? Was there any producer after Bad who's done that?

I wonder if Michael wasn’t forced to stay with his brothers for the Victory album and tour, would he have released a new solo album between Thriller and Bad? Because he seemed to have recorded quite a few songs in 1983 and 1984. Maybe he would have released an album in 1985.

I wonder if Michael wasn’t forced to stay with his brothers for the Victory album and tour, would he have released a new solo album between Thriller and Bad? Because he seemed to have recorded quite a few songs in 1983 and 1984. Maybe he would have released an album in 1985.
Doubt it. Being the perfectionist he was, if it weren't for mounting pressure from the record company for a release, who knows when the next album after Thriller would've come out.

Doesn't matter if we'll be dead before the Estate releases everything in the vault. 🙃
I have thought of making the same thread. Question is what songs would have made the cut in a lets say 1985 album

Doubt it. Being the perfectionist he was, if it weren't for mounting pressure from the record company for a release, who knows when the next album after Thriller would've come out.
At that stage, Michael didn’t take that long between albums, so I think without Victory, we would have got a new album in 1985 and then the next album in 1988/1989.

I have thought of making the same thread. Question is what songs would have made the cut in a lets say 1985 album
I say the following songs would have probably made the hypothetical 1985 album:

- Chicago 1945
- One of the Freddie Mercury duets
- Buffalo Bill
- Early version of Liberian Girl/Pyramid girl
- Early version of Dirty Diana
- Another Part of Me

I say the following songs would have probably made the hypothetical 1985 album:

- Chicago 1945
- One of the Freddie Mercury duets
- Buffalo Bill
- Early version of Liberian Girl/Pyramid girl
- Early version of Dirty Diana
- Another Part of Me
Plus -

Hot Fever
Smooth Criminal
Tomboy
We Are Here To Change The World
Scared Of The Moon
Eaten Alive
You’re The One
What You Do To Me
Loving You
Make A Wish

86 brought…
Al Capone
Abortion Papers
Come Together
Don’t Be Messin Round
Free
I’m So Blue
Price Of Fame
Streetwalker

Plus -

Hot Fever
Smooth Criminal
Tomboy
We Are Here To Change The World
Scared Of The Moon
Eaten Alive
You’re The One
What You Do To Me
Loving You
Make A Wish

86 brought…
Al Capone
Abortion Papers
Come Together
Don’t Be Messin Round
Free
I’m So Blue
Price Of Fame
Streetwalker
Also to add on the 1983 list:

Far Far Away
Bad Company
Born To Love

Soo. When will we get Chicago 45?) As far as i know MJ worked on that song even during Invincible sessions... So maybe we will get it on Invincible annyversary....

By the way does anybody know, why estate (or those who was producing music for Xscape album) name song "She wasl loving me" a "Chicago"...? If MJ has already Chicago 45... And it was even planned to be realeased on Xscape album.... :/

By the way does anybody know, why estate (or those who was producing music for Xscape album) name song "She wasl loving me" a "Chicago"...? If MJ has already Chicago 45... And it was even planned to be realeased on Xscape album.... :/
Well Chicago is in the lyrics to She Was Loving Me so there is that.

But it did kind of seem like a F U to Porcaro though, for not agreeing to include his song with the Estate.

Soo. When will we get Chicago 45?) As far as i know MJ worked on that song even during Invincible sessions... So maybe we will get it on Invincible annyversary....
If we get Chicago 1945 the only version we'll be getting is the 1983 version, Steve Porcaro has the rights to the song and it's the version he wants released.

Well Chicago is in the lyrics to She Was Loving Me so there is that.

But it did kind of seem like a F U to Porcaro though, for not agreeing to include his song with the Estate.
Afaik Timbaland came up with the new name. No need to create random scenarios between the Estate and the rest.

By the way does anybody know, why estate (or those who was producing music for Xscape album) name song "She wasl loving me" a "Chicago"...?
Because the next track on that album is named Loving You, they probably renamed it to avoid confusion.

Back