Come 'Round Here (I'm The One You Need) appreciation thread... Good lawd!

innuendo141

Proud Member
Country
Ireland

What a truly fantastic cover... Jesus, what age was Michael here? 11? 12?

Talk about channeling your inner Levi Stubbs during this track. I think it's an early indication of the capabilities of his voice and what he can do. For a child, you can hear the emotion in the bottom of his lungs. I've always loved this tune but I've listened to it around 4 times already this morning. Another sensational tune from Holland Dozier Holland.

I don't know which version I prefer, usually when it comes to Motown, the original is the better version (I Heard It Through The Grapevine and Who's Loving You being two notable exceptions) but the Miracles benefit from having the Funk Brothers backing them.

John Lennon should added "imagine there's no Motown" to his lyrics.

NOW you're talking my language innuendo! Always adored the J5 rendition of this song, especially when he sings "and when you NEED..." Gives me the feels everytime!

Another of my favourite covers on ABC, is La La Means I Love You. MJ sings the hell outta that one!
Oh yes! Another notable one off that album. To be fair, J5 are kinda only known for the singles but they do have a handful of great albums.

Another bit that kills me on that album (straight from Moonwalker) is...

"I MAY BE A LITTLE FELLA....." best part of 2-4-6-8!

That lad had soul streaming from his pours. So glad I decided to rip all my MJ CDs to lossless to go through all these classics again.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Talking about covers. I also think the J5 cover of I Hear A Symphony is better than the original.

Sorry Respect, I missed your post earlier. Thats a tough one... I do love the J5 version, but Miss Ross and the girls get my vote. I think it comes down to having grown up with The Supes version.

What a truly fantastic cover... Jesus, what age was Michael here? 11? 12?

Talk about channeling your inner Levi Stubbs during this track. I think it's an early indication of the capabilities of his voice and what he can do. For a child, you can hear the emotion in the bottom of his lungs. I've always loved this tune but I've listened to it around 4 times already this morning. Another sensational tune from Holland Dozier Holland.

I don't know which version I prefer, usually when it comes to Motown, the original is the better version (I Heard It Through The Grapevine and Who's Loving You being two notable exceptions) but the Miracles benefit from having the Funk Brothers backing them.

John Lennon should added "imagine there's no Motown" to his lyrics.

:lol:

Sometimes Michael`s talent really scares me ...

I remember (maybe from Moonwalk) that audiences thought Michael was a very short adult when he was first hitting the stages of small clubs with his brothers. They could not believe a child was capable of singing like he did. (I guess the story is well known).

:lol:

Sometimes Michael`s talent really scares me ...

I remember (maybe from Moonwalk) that audiences thought Michael was a very short adult when he was first hitting the stages of small clubs with his brothers. They could not believe a child was capable of singing like he did. ( I guess the story is well known).

Yeah, I think you are on about where they were saying they had a midget play a child! What a compliment

Excellent! Little Michael could be quite the powerhouse vocalist when he wanted to.
Gives me good chills to hear him belt out the way he does.
This song is just one example of his amazing skills.

Thanks Innuendo!

I have to say I have a truly weak spot for "Don´t let your baby catch you". Probably because of the really funky guitar and the power of Michael´s voice especially in the end of the song. Gives me goosebumps!!! And its a crime to not mention "Oh, I´ve been blessed" what a song. Although I would say Bobby Taylor´s version is a killer as well.

Back