Compile an album of outtakes that could have been well received by music critics

filmandmusic

Proud Member
1. Shout

- it was Michael trying something different vocally, it has socially relevant lyrics without Michael turning the attention to himself, it has a rock edge which always goes on well with critics. Possible bad point are the often unclear lyrics.

2. Monkey business

- It is a song which they would love to decipher the meaning from, it is not a topic he has done before. It is funky, mysterious and vocally diverse. It has a pretty unique sound in his discography.

3. Hollywood tonight (demo)

- this is a throwback to the sound that made him big imo which many critics might have appreciated. The choral vocals and whistling just add to the catchiness of the bad ass bass lick. Lyrically also relevant and impersonal (I believe critics got tired of his usual topics and victimized lyrics)

4. The way you love me (original)

- this is just a well crafted love song with beautiful harmonies, great bass and vocals and an original epic ending

5. Beautiful girl

- I think he crafted a really original beat and rhythm here, lyrically perhaps a bit corny for the critics but there is a sparkling freshness and uniqueness to the entire sound and vocals

6. For all time (demo)

- This version is vocally complete and more raw and somehow intense making it even prettier than the version on thriller 25. You can’t go wrong with this beautiful soft melodic pop tune imo

7. Love never felt so good

- this is just feel good prime pop. The vocals are irresistibly catchy and I would have the left the song almost as sparse as the demo

8. Chicago (original)

- I know many think this is kind of a flat song compared to the remix but I greatly like the mysterious sound, it doesn’t sound like a repeat of his past recordings, I find it very atmospheric though I’m not crazy about the vocals and I think many critics would agree.

9. Someone put your hand out

- This imo is just breathtaking pop music and features enough different tidbits to make it stand out from past songs, like the trumpet solo and I believe the lyrics make Michael sympathetic and human instead of vengeful like in his many media attacking songs.

10. We’ve had enough

- Some of these lyrics hit really hard which could have been appreciated, musically or stylistically it probably returned to past achievements but I believe the vocal performance is sincere and hits home.

11. Scared of the moon

- just the way it is, very sparse instrumentals, emphasizing his beautiful voice with lyrics that have enough mystery to spark debate what it is about

12. Dreams away

- dreamy song, vocally different. Honestly I haven’t heard enough or in good enough quality to have a fair judgement but you can’t deny his talent for performing exquisite vocals and every half serious music critic should at least acknowledge that.

Last edited:
1. What More Can I Give Solo - great melody and message
2. A Place With No Name - death/near-death, a theme he rarely touched
3. Someone Put Your Hand Out - shows his vulnerability
4. Price of Fame - shows again his vulnerability
5. I Am A Loser - shows again his vulnerability
6. Throwing Your Life Away - gives an insight into his soul and sounds great
7. Shout - innovative and important
8. We've Had Enough - great melody and message

Last edited:
Slave To The Rhythm (but with a Teddy Riley version)

Blue Gangsta

She Was Lovin’ Me (Chicago)

Another Day (With an added Bridge)

A Place With No Name

Hollywood Tonight

Chicago 1945

Dream Away

We’ve Had Enough

Seeing Voices

Xscape

Critics mean less than nothing and are worthless, if you mean by fans and the general public
Slave To The Rhythm (but with a Teddy Riley version)

Blue Gangsta

She Was Lovin’ Me (Chicago)

Another Day (With an added Bridge)

A Place With No Name

Hollywood Tonight

Chicago 1945

Dream Away

We’ve Had Enough

Seeing Voices

Xscape
This is good

Back