COMPLETE LIST OF INVINCIBLE DARKCHILD TRACKS (1999-2001)

Only songs from Invincible that needed cutting were Lost Children and Privacy, everything else is fine.
I'd go beyond changing just that, first cut Invincible and Heaven Can Wait, they pretty much sound the same as Unbreakable and Break Of Dawn but weaker.

Replace Cry with We've Had Enough, I feel like We've Had Enough has the same message as Cry but stronger.

Don't Walk Away and You Are My Life feel like filler tracks IMO, replace them with Fall Again and A Place With No Name.

Cut 2000 Watts from the album, the song sounds more like Teddy Riley's song than MJ's song, I would either replace it with Shout or Another Day.

Last but not least put Escape in the tracklist and it becomes a pretty good MJ album, a lot of the songs on Invincible would've fit more on compilation albums instead of being on Invincible.

I'll never understand why Unbreakable wasn't the name of the album. Not only does it gets the same message as "invincible" across, but it's more subtle and sophisticated. The song "Unbreakable" is also much better than "Invincible"; it actually sounds like what you would expect the title track to be, whereas "Invincible" is as generic as they come. "Unbreakable" was also MJ's favorite song on the album, too.

The only explanation I can think of is that maybe MJ didn't want the album to he confused with the movie Unbreakable, which came out in 2000, a year before Invincible.

Last edited:
little side note - in the
People who hate on Vince are stuck in the past IMO.

Sure, the mixing could've been better, but the whole 'loudness war' started in the 2000s. And the album has a lot of fillers (ballads) and it's far from perfect.

But the 'gritty' MJ voice on new gen production is something great. In spite of all it's flaws, it's my fav album. The leaked outtakes from that period sound great (Chicago, Xscape, APWNN, Another Day, The Way You Love Me, Beautiful Girl). Wish the tracklist would’ve been more cohesive.

Very excited for the unreleased outtakes.
I think the album's really not as bad or hated as people act like it is. Definitely one of his weakest but I wouldn't say its necessarily a bad album.
Only songs from Invincible that needed cutting were Lost Children and Privacy, everything else is fine
I'd go beyond changing just that, first cut Invincible and Heaven Can Wait, they pretty much sound the same as Unbreakable and Break Of Dawn but weaker.

Replace Cry with We've Had Enough, I feel like We've Had Enough has the same message as Cry but stronger.

Don't Walk Away and You Are My Life feel like filler tracks IMO, replace them with Fall Again and A Place With No Name.

Cut 2000 Watts from the album, the song sounds more like Teddy Riley's song than MJ's song, I would either replace it with Shout or Another Day.

Last but not least put Escape in the tracklist and it becomes a pretty good MJ album, a lot of the songs on Invincible would've fit more on compilation albums instead of being on Invincible.
I never hear people talk about this so it might just be me but my biggest disappointment from mj's discography is how don't walk away was treated it was just executed poorly.. I absolutely love the second half or so and I think if they made that the whole song with different verses it'd be an AMAZING song. Sadly they did it very poorly and it's easily one of his worst and most boring songs.

anything babyface would be super interesting babyface productions are very singable it would be interesting to hear michaels approach to songs that would require to sing more pure than gritty
Yep 100%. I would love to hear more of those Babyface songs

I agree with this post. I like Invincible, but there are songs that did not age that quite well, and I'd consider them fillers as well, also due to the fact that we have so many outtakes released/leaked, which I think are way better.

I'd switch:

2000 Watts - Another Day (original demo style + a third verse)
You Are My Life - She Was Lovin' Me (reworked)
Cry - We've Had Enough (re-touch the instrumental for a more fitting Vince sound)
Don't Walk Away - Can't Get Your Weigh Off Of Me
Privacy - Escape
Heartbreaker - Blue Gangster

I would not mind a more organic sounding Invincible however... We'd need to switch a lot of the songs. I'd love a more HIStory 2 type sounding album instead.

I'd put it like this:

People of The World
Children's Holiday
Cheater (Reworked)
Hollywood Tonight
On The Line (yes, take one from History sessions)
Fall Again

And some of the songs I already mentioned in the first list like We've Had Enough

Another way would be to remove 4-5 of the songs from the album to shorten it as it can get a bit too long and repetitive, especially due to the fillers (2000 w, You Are My Life, Don't Walk Away, Privacy and Cry (bonus Heartbreaker - amazing bridge, but that's mostly all the magic there is in that song). The album doesn't have enough "pop" to it. He is the King of Pop after all. The filler tracks aren't "bad" songs, they could do fine on their own, being outtakes and demos for other types of releases for example. But all together, it gets too long and repetetive

I agree with this post. I like Invincible, but there are songs that did not age that quite well, and I'd consider them fillers as well, also due to the fact that we have so many outtakes released/leaked, which I think are way better.

I'd switch:

Cry - We've Had Enough (re-touch the instrumental for a more fitting Vince sound)
Privacy - Escape

I would not mind a more organic sounding Invincible however... We'd need to switch a lot of the songs. I'd love a more HIStory 2 type sounding album instead.

I'd put it like this:

People of The World
Children's Holiday
Cheater (Reworked)
Hollywood Tonight
Fall Again

And some of the songs I already mentioned in the first list like We've Had Enough

Another way would be to remove 4-5 of the songs from the album to shorten it as it can get a bit too long and repetitive, especially due to the fillers (2000 w, You Are My Life, Don't Walk Away, Privacy and Cry (bonus Heartbreaker - amazing bridge, but that's mostly all the magic there is in that song). The album doesn't have enough "pop" to it. He is the King of Pop after all. The filler tracks aren't "bad" songs, they could do fine on their own, being outtakes and demos for other types of releases for example. But all together, it gets too long and repetetive
I agree with everything except for Heartbreaker, it has to be MJ's most experimental track and it's one of the songs from Invincible that still sound modern.

I wonder if Michael put mediocre songs on the album on purpose, like he didn't want to put the better songs because of his falling out with Sony. The fact that he still kept working on songs from that time before he died leads me to believe that he always wanted to release them and just didn't want to "waste" them on a Sony album, then I'm not so sure because he was proud of the album and even thought it was better than Thriller...

anything babyface would be super interesting babyface productions are very singable it would be interesting to hear michaels approach to songs that would require to sing more pure than gritty
A friend of mine has heard Willing And Waiting (Babyface track) and he said it was "average 90s stuff" and doesn't have full mj vocals sadly, some other singer fills in the rest. Not sure who.

I agree with everything except for Heartbreaker, it has to be MJ's most experimental track and it's one of the songs from Invincible that still sound modern.

I wonder if Michael put mediocre songs on the album on purpose, like he didn't want to put the better songs because of his falling out with Sony. The fact that he still kept working on songs from that time before he died leads me to believe that he always wanted to release them and just didn't want to "waste" them on a Sony album, then I'm not so sure because he was proud of the album and even thought it was better than Thriller...

I'd switch:

Privacy - Escape

I'd put it like this:

People of The World
Children's Holiday
Cheater (Reworked)
Hollywood Tonight
Fall Again

The 2001 version of HT (hasn't leaked, probably never will) is super sexy and a huge improvement on the original demo. I wish they would've released it, imo it's the best version of the song. It starts off with the original choir intro that transitions into these classical strings which then goes into the beat with this different beatbox that hits SO HARD. They were insane not to use it as a base for the 2010 version.

The 2001 version of HT (hasn't leaked, probably never will) is super sexy and a huge improvement on the original demo. I wish they would've released it, imo it's the best version of the song. It starts off with the original choir intro that transitions into these classical strings which then goes into the beat with this different beatbox that hits SO HARD. They were insane not to use it as a base for the 2010 version.
How do you know?

I've heard more than the leaked snippets that're online. Ngl it's pretty overhyped. The vocal performance from mj isn't all that good, can't tell what he says in a lot of it. The production's also kinda bad, i think it needed a better mix it's very like gritty, that' the only word I can think of to describe it. The lyrics (from what i can even understand) are also kinda goofy, verses bare similarity to the melody of Invincible. I know alot about the song if you guys have any other questions about it. Overall it's a passable track but nothing amazing. Basically on the level of Privacy maybe a little worse.
I want to ask you about get your weight off of me. How MJ sing it i mean his voice and where u heard more than those snippets
I have it
What song u are talking about ht what mean hollowyood tonight or heartbreaker

I want to ask you about get your weight off of me. How MJ sing it i mean his voice and where u heard more than those snippets

What song u are talking about ht what mean hollowyood tonight or heartbreaker
Hollywood Tonight

Hollywood Tonight
Man did you heard another unreleased songs ? For ex Chicago 1945 or jungel city or anything. Really i love to talk with you about that subject. Brother

Man did you heard another unreleased songs ? For ex Chicago 1945 or jungel city or anything. Really i love to talk with you about that subject. Brother
I love this subject too! I haven't heard those sadly but someone I know has heard Chicago 1945. Apparently it's very upbeat and catchy

I love this subject too! I haven't heard those sadly but someone I know has heard Chicago 1945. Apparently it's very upbeat and catchy
Chicago 1945 with angry voice or no ? Did you heard other songs ? Or you have news about them ? I saw video MJ cast talk about crack kills but because my English little weak i don't understand him

Chicago 1945 with angry voice or no ? Did you heard other songs ? Or you have news about them ? I saw video MJ cast talk about crack kills but because my English little weak i don't understand him
I have heard some other songs but not Chicago 1945, no clue how he sings on that one but i assume it must be decent

Another version of HT? Isn't the one that leaked the last one MJ worked on.
I'm not sure which are which honestly, but the one i have is definitely more complete than this one -

When i received the file I was told it was the 2001 reworked version but I cannot personally confirm that it is. It was very clearly still a work in progress but much further along than the one I linked. Anyone know if that's the 99 one?

Last edited:
lol why'd you write that so aggressively? No thanks I'd rather not :)
No man my language not english so I'm not talking aggressively at all it's just demending from u I don't know much words in English don't understand me wrong

Anyway, from all the discussions I've had on here and any info that's been provided the version of Hollywood Tonight that leaked is the most complete version that exists so not really sure what you're referring to tbh.

Back