Create a Michael Jackson Album

Away (Third Posthumous Album Concept)

- Released in 2025 during the premiere of the biopic.

- Produced by L.A. Reid, Teddy Riley, Neff-U, Prince 85

- Tracklist is:
1. Boy No feat. The Weeknd & Bruno Mars
2. Throwin' Your Life Away
3. 1945
4. Crack Kills
5. Hot Fun In The Summertime feat. Mary J. Blige & D'angelo
6. Hot Street
7. The Loser
8. [Dreams] Away feat. Janet Jackson
Bonus Tracks On The Deluxe Edition:
9. Remember What I Told You (Demo)

- Singles from the album:
Lead Single - Boy No
Second Single - Hot Fun In The Summertime
Third Single - 1945

- Music Videos:
Boy No
Hot Fun In The Summertime

- Might add a cover art lol

Last edited:
Eaten Alive

A1 Chicago 1945
A2 Price of Fame
A3 Throwing Your Life Away
A4 Fly Away
A5 Buffalo Bill

B1 Streetwalker (1987 mix)
B2 Cheater
B3 I'm So Blue
B4 Alright Now
B5 Eaten Alive

the Album would also be known as one of Michael's best alongside Thriller and Bad, but Tomboy, Streetwalker, and Chicago Nights would be as well known as songs like PYT, Dirty Diana, and Human Nature. Chicago Nights would be around his 4th or 5th most popular/well known song.

Sadly, Price of Fame, TYLA and DYKWYCA would fade into obscurity and be generally forgotten by the general public and would become hidden gems

2 notable songs from this era are missing, and ill address them here:

Cheater wasn't included due to a few songs already having a similar groove to it (Song Groove and Tomboy) and would still be released in 2004.
SPYHO did not fit at all either, and it too, would be released in 2004 and as a promotion in 1992.

the special edition of Bad would include the 1987 Version of Streetwalker and Al Capone.

Dangerous (the song) would still be created, but it would be a bit more mysterious in tone.

and i'm still thinking what Bad 25 would include if Michael even died here, I say he still does sadly
So returning to this, I def think Tomboy would be a very popular song now knowing that the instrumental from Zapp named "Stop That" is a more developed version of Tomboy.

No offence to anyone and I do understand - totally! - that these type of threads are just for fun. I get that. But ...

If I was Michael Jackson id make the albums he made.
...this is my standard reaction. Every time. I don't love every song Michael ever released (SOOML) and I only like TGIM if it's the acappella Mexico depo version but, no, I wouldn't change a thing about his albums.

Maybe I'd retire after Off The Wall. Who knows.
I'm conflicted about this. From an artistic point of view, I want those 90's songs. Actually, everything from Dangerous up to Invincible. Thinking purely about Michael's health, I would be OK with him stepping back after OTW or definitely after Thriller.

On balance I guess I'm pleased he kept going. Being completely selfish about it. Bc I have Is It Scary and We've Had Enough.

But if I was in charge, I guess I'd make a posthumous record like Queen's "Made in Heaven".
Queen are not my guys so I don't know this. Is it a live thing? A compilation? Demos?

Queen are not my guys so I don't know this. Is it a live thing? A compilation? Demos?
I just found out about it myself. It's basically both of the latter. This is all taken from Wikipedia.

Following Mercury's death, guitarist Brian May, drummer Roger Taylor, and bass guitarist John Deacon worked with vocal and piano parts that Mercury recorded before his death, adding new instrumentation to the recordings.

Basically, Freddie lived in the studio those last days, before he died, trying to put out as much work as he could for them to use.

In early 1991, having completed work on Innuendo, and some months before his death, Freddie Mercury recorded as many vocals as he could, with the instruction to the rest of the band (Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon) to complete the songs later. Put to tape during this time were primarily "A Winter's Tale", "Mother Love" and what would eventually become "You Don't Fool Me".

In the documentary Champions of the World, May described these sessions with Mercury as such:

By the time we were recording these other tracks after Innuendo, we had had the discussions and we knew that we were totally on borrowed time because Freddie had been told that he would not make it to that point. I think our plan was to go in there whenever Freddie felt well enough, just to make as much use of him as possible, we basically lived in the studio for a while and when he would call and say, 'I can come in for a few hours', our plan was to just make as much use of him as we could, you know he told us, 'Get me to sing anything, write me anything and I will sing it and I will leave you as much as I possibly can.'

Producer David Richards also added:

The thing that was really unusual about these last songs they recorded was that Freddie insisted on doing final vocals. Normally he had always wanted to wait until all the music was completed before he would put his final vocal on. There must have been a reason for this, I think he felt there wasn’t enough time to have it completed in time. Which also means that he definitely wanted these things to be released, there’s simply no other reason why he would have done that.

With less than an album's worth to work with, the band decided to revisit previously recorded material. The band did not discuss whether Mercury had any input before his death regarding which songs might be considered. The idea was to take existing songs on which Mercury sang and rework them as Queen songs.

This part I find a little less enamorous. It's basically classic posthumous music, bring some old demoes, polish em up.

Still, it's interesting that Freddie was so comfortable with them doing this, and how most of his mates were able to work with this. The Beatles sans Lennon also. It does vary from person to person, how they feel about these. But it is done more glamorously, professionally, than in hip-hop (Tupac's) tbh.

A few more points:

"Mother Love" was the final song co-written by Mercury and May, and was also Mercury's last vocal performance. Mercury's vocals for "Mother Love" were recorded 13–16 May 1991. On his website, May discussed the writing process he and Mercury had (writing both separately and together, and conscious of the nature of the song and the lyrics). Upon reaching the final verse, Mercury told May that he had to go and "have a rest", but that he would return later and finish it. Mercury never made it back to the studio due to his worsening condition, thus May sang the last verse on the track.

|

"A Winter's Tale" is a ballad written and composed by Mercury at his apartment in Montreux, Switzerland. It is the last complete song Mercury composed on his own (the music for "Mother Love" is by May).

The vocals were laid down months before Mercury's death and the band completed the backing track sometime after. According to the liner notes in the 2011 release, the band finished the song how they thought Freddie would have wanted it.

|

"You Don't Fool Me" was one of the last tracks recorded for Made in Heaven. May has explained on his website that producer David Richards more or less created the framework of the song single-handedly, building from bits of lyrics recorded just before Mercury's death. May has said that before Richards' work, there was no song to speak of. However, after Richards edited and mixed the song (including a bit of harmonies recorded for "A Winter's Tale") he presented it to the band. May, Taylor and Deacon then added their instruments and backing vocals and were surprised to end up with a finished song that had begun as nothing.

So in that case they basically made a hit song out of some spare verses. Interesting formula huh?

I just found out about it myself. It's basically both of the latter. This is all taken from Wikipedia.

Following Mercury's death, guitarist Brian May, drummer Roger Taylor, and bass guitarist John Deacon worked with vocal and piano parts that Mercury recorded before his death, adding new instrumentation to the recordings.

Basically, Freddie lived in the studio those last days, before he died, trying to put out as much work as he could for them to use.

In early 1991, having completed work on Innuendo, and some months before his death, Freddie Mercury recorded as many vocals as he could, with the instruction to the rest of the band (Brian May, Roger Taylor, and John Deacon) to complete the songs later. Put to tape during this time were primarily "A Winter's Tale", "Mother Love" and what would eventually become "You Don't Fool Me".

In the documentary Champions of the World, May described these sessions with Mercury as such:

By the time we were recording these other tracks after Innuendo, we had had the discussions and we knew that we were totally on borrowed time because Freddie had been told that he would not make it to that point. I think our plan was to go in there whenever Freddie felt well enough, just to make as much use of him as possible, we basically lived in the studio for a while and when he would call and say, 'I can come in for a few hours', our plan was to just make as much use of him as we could, you know he told us, 'Get me to sing anything, write me anything and I will sing it and I will leave you as much as I possibly can.'

Producer David Richards also added:

The thing that was really unusual about these last songs they recorded was that Freddie insisted on doing final vocals. Normally he had always wanted to wait until all the music was completed before he would put his final vocal on. There must have been a reason for this, I think he felt there wasn’t enough time to have it completed in time. Which also means that he definitely wanted these things to be released, there’s simply no other reason why he would have done that.

With less than an album's worth to work with, the band decided to revisit previously recorded material. The band did not discuss whether Mercury had any input before his death regarding which songs might be considered. The idea was to take existing songs on which Mercury sang and rework them as Queen songs.

This part I find a little less enamorous. It's basically classic posthumous music, bring some old demoes, polish em up.

Still, it's interesting that Freddie was so comfortable with them doing this, and how most of his mates were able to work with this. The Beatles sans Lennon also. It does vary from person to person, how they feel about these. But it is done more glamorously, professionally, than in hip-hop (Tupac's) tbh.

A few more points:

"Mother Love" was the final song co-written by Mercury and May, and was also Mercury's last vocal performance. Mercury's vocals for "Mother Love" were recorded 13–16 May 1991. On his website, May discussed the writing process he and Mercury had (writing both separately and together, and conscious of the nature of the song and the lyrics). Upon reaching the final verse, Mercury told May that he had to go and "have a rest", but that he would return later and finish it. Mercury never made it back to the studio due to his worsening condition, thus May sang the last verse on the track.

|

"A Winter's Tale" is a ballad written and composed by Mercury at his apartment in Montreux, Switzerland. It is the last complete song Mercury composed on his own (the music for "Mother Love" is by May).

The vocals were laid down months before Mercury's death and the band completed the backing track sometime after. According to the liner notes in the 2011 release, the band finished the song how they thought Freddie would have wanted it.

|

"You Don't Fool Me" was one of the last tracks recorded for Made in Heaven. May has explained on his website that producer David Richards more or less created the framework of the song single-handedly, building from bits of lyrics recorded just before Mercury's death. May has said that before Richards' work, there was no song to speak of. However, after Richards edited and mixed the song (including a bit of harmonies recorded for "A Winter's Tale") he presented it to the band. May, Taylor and Deacon then added their instruments and backing vocals and were surprised to end up with a finished song that had begun as nothing.

So in that case they basically made a hit song out of some spare verses. Interesting formula huh?
Oh, turns out I did know a little bit about this. Freddie is so lucky having his band mates looking after his legacy. I mean, it's their legacy too, obvs. But I mean, people who understood Freddie as an artist. Queen are not my guys so I don't pay much attention to what they do. I have no idea if the fans like what has been released since Freddie died or if they all argue amongst themselves. But I'm a person who doesn't believe that families always understand artists as much as they think they do. So if you're in a band, your band mates - even if you all hate each other when you're on the road - will understand you more than anyone else. Just my two cents.

I found all of this so interesting and so moving. Really thought-provoking stuff. Freddie fighting up to the very end. 😢

Thank you for posting it.

Oh, turns out I did know a little bit about this. Freddie is so lucky having his band mates looking after his legacy. I mean, it's their legacy too, obvs. But I mean, people who understood Freddie as an artist. Queen are not my guys so I don't pay much attention to what they do. I have no idea if the fans like what has been released since Freddie died or if they all argue amongst themselves. But I'm a person who doesn't believe that families always understand artists as much as they think they do. So if you're in a band, your band mates - even if you all hate each other when you're on the road - will understand you more than anyone else. Just my two cents.

I found all of this so interesting and so moving. Really thought-provoking stuff. Freddie fighting up to the very end. 😢

Thank you for posting it.
Yeah, it's really fascinating. And certainly puts This Is It and the post Invincible material in perspective a bit.

Maybe one day, Jaafar and/or Paris could help sing songs with MJ. Which I would appreciate a bit more than another JT ensemble. Even though I did like that as well.

Love never felt so good 1985

1. Hot street
2. Love never felt so good
3. Buffalo Bill
4. Carousel
5. Chicago 1945
6. Who do you know
7. Alright now
8. Behind the Mask
9. Eaten Alive

Streetwalker 1989

1. Get around
2. Cheater
3. Price of fame
4. Loving you
5. Crack kills
6. Streetwalker
7. Fly away
8. Al Capone
9. Throwing your life away

Slave to the rhythm 1993

1. Monkey Business
2. If you don’t love me
3. She got it
4. Joy
5. Man in black
6. Ghost of another lover
7. Slave to the rhythm
8. Someone put your hand out
9. For all time
10. Truth about youth

Blood on the dance floor 1997 revamped

1. Blood on the dance floor
2. Superfly sister
3. Why (Solo)
4. 2 Bad (Ghosts mix)
5. Ghosts
6. Is it scary
7. Morphine
8. On the line
9. In the back

Xscape 2004

1. Maybe we can do it
2. Another day
3. She was loving me
4. Blue Gangsta
5. Fall Again
6. Shout
7. We’ve had enough
8. Xscape
9. A place with no name
10. One more chance
11. This is our time

Blood on the dance floor 1997 revamped
1. Blood on the dance floor
2. Superfly sister
3. Why (Solo)
4. 2 Bad (Ghosts mix)
5. Ghosts
6. Is it scary
7. Morphine
8. On the line
9. In the back
I can get behind this! :)

Last edited:
Yeah, it's really fascinating.
It really is. This part of Queen's story is so sad and yet so fabulous.

And certainly puts This Is It and the post Invincible material in perspective a bit.
:(

Maybe one day, Jaafar and/or Paris could help sing songs with MJ.
Ngl, I wouldn't be up for that. But I do understand that it would work for some people.

Which I would appreciate a bit more than another JT ensemble.
It's not something I want but if it has to happen, does it always have to be the usual suspects? Apparently so.

Even though I did like that as well.
Fair enough.

not something I want but if it has to happen, does it always have to be the usual suspects? Apparently so.
No, it doesn't have to be the usual suspects. Family ties to me are good enough. Usually anyway. Nobody cares about Taj in Hollywood Tonight. Maybe it's not appealing at all.

The supporters they have been picking tbh are better, in their own ways. Akon and D'Angelo and Mary J Blige was cool picks.

Back