Dangerous Samples and Sources

FLMaster

Proud Member
There's no way the brass hits at the end of In The Closet are played by his producers, they sound unnatural, they most be sampled in some form. I also read that Teddy Riley took the sound effects in She Drives Me Wild from a sample pack (I found various sounds from Jam in a sample pack as well), and that the Dangerous album itself is mostly composed out of samples, which must mean most of the sounds in In The Closet are sampled right? Also i'm not only searching for samples, also any keyboards MJ and his team might have used in the album.

By far the only thing from this album I have found is an instrument in In The Closet from the Korg Wavestation, it's called Reswacker, it's the descending note pattern at this part

I would absolutely appreciate any help or info surrounding this topic.
(btw i'm mostly interested on in the closet but anything on any other song in the dangerous album is ok)

Google "Bruce Swedien Forum". You will find many old insights if you search long enough.

There's no way the brass hits at the end of In The Closet are played by his producers, they sound unnatural, they most be sampled in some form.
Weren't the brass hits from James Brown's 'Ants in My Pants'..? I do know other parts are similar to that

Are we going around in circles at this point? i'm not sure?..are we?
Wish there were some D35 official news on the horizon :(

So, I understand that a good chunk of the songs on The Dangerous album uses the Korg wavestation. On the song Jam, there is the well-known Pharaoh's jig, which is the sequence that plays throughout most of the song. By accident, I found out that the sound that sounds almost like a beep, it is actually a patch known as Pluckrimba. Those are the only two sounds I can actually pick out by name.

Back