David Knopfler / Michael Jackson

knigofpop

Proud Member
Hey everybody.

I was scanning eBay and came across a listing for a David Knopfler album called "lips against steel"... not exciting until I realised that the album features none other than Michael Jackson! Have tried to listen to various songs from the album and can't hear Michael on there anywhere but various search results show that Michael Jackson did contribute Vocal/backing and vocal arrangement to the album. Thing is, are we talking about the same Michael jackson and if so, where is he on the album??

For those who don't know (I didn't), David Knopfler is one of the band members from 80's super group "Dire Straits". David's brother, Mark Knopfler (also from Dire Straits) was at one point rumoured to be working with/having worked with Michael in the possible 80's/90's and I believe was considered for what became the Van Halen solo on Beat it.

Can't find any info though on this possible collaboration with the younger brother, David Knopfler.

Any info?? With the L.O.V.E x

Thanks for that! I understand the whole blame it on the boogie story but always thought that Michael went by the name as "Mick Jackson" throughout his career for obvious reasons... Just didn't understand why he was called Michael and not Mick on that album??

It's all a little confusing!

Back