Diana Ross Interview on ET

But at least you went and were there for your friend to show your respect. My cousin died and I didn't want to see her like that either but I went to the funeral. If his mother and children were able to then she should have to. For him to consider her to raise his kids says a lot of how he thought of her. The memorial I can understand not going but even Elizabeth Taylor went to the funeral.

i know of someone who loved his mother dearly, but he couldn't bare to go to the funeral, when she died. so..i guess...it depends on the person...but i can also understand where u r coming from.

but there is always the possibility that MJ and Diana Ross shared something that resulted in her inability to go to the funeral..

i don't know if that really determines how much she loved him, or respected him.

HELL NO!!!!!!!! :no:

Please, I know there is a God and because of that I sincerely hope she does not do Oprah, but if she does, does'nt allow herself to be baited like Janet allowed herself to be on her show! 'cause no way Oprah is gonna allow all glowing opinions of Michael to be spoken on her show.

Quincy has an album coming out this summer and I am just dreading the high possibility of him appearing on her show as they are such GREAT buddies!:smilerolleyes:

yea...oprah winfrey is poison. definitely a scary individual. people that trash the way she trashes, says she's doing it out of love, while spouting that they do charity, are the scariest people in the world. and she's one of THOSE scary people. she's the scariest, because she's got the biggest platform.

Last edited:
yea...oprah winfrey is poison. definitely a scary individual. people that trash the way she trashes, says she's doing it out of love, while spouting that they do charity, are the scariest people in the world. and she's one of THOSE scary people. she's the scariest, because she's got the biggest platform.

Giving oprah an interview is like giving your life away she too much for my cup of tea

Why do yall need so much validation from celebs especially celebs that were no where to be found during Michaels later years...

By the way, there's a second part tomorrow to the ET interview. I doubt she will mention Michael or his name would have come up in Mary Hart's comments about it. She said Diana talks "men, menopause and more". LOL.

I don't mean this in a disrespectful way but why wouldn't she answer any questions about Michael? To be honest I don't know how she feels. She hasn't said anything. She didn't go to his memorial or his funeral and yet he picked her to raise his kids if his mother wasn't able to. I always thought she should have gone to the funeral at least.

Some people simply want their privacy, especially with regards to a loved one.
There were reports she was indeed at the funeral.

i respect Diana and i'll respect her more if she did not mention MJ.
because she did not help him in puplic 2005 , and it would be so silly if she discussed their relations now...

i'm very much sure that she loves him more than we do. but she has her own way of expressing her love,

she is very smart woman and i love her for this.

Why do yall need so much validation from celebs especially celebs that were no where to be found during Michaels later years...

I really don't think anyone is seeking any validation from these people and to be fair, none of us know who really was there for Michael as we were not present in his day to day life.

And the second part of the interview aired today and there was no mention of Michael, I think Diana may have put a stop to any questions on him, 'cause theres no way Mary Hart would pass on getting a comment from her.

It would be impossible for her to have gone and have gone unnoticed by the paparazzi. :scratch:I think.....

She arrived early and stayed out of site from the A&E cameras. And they cut the camera as soon as the service was to begin. Otherwise there were no paps there.

I really don't think anyone is seeking any validation from these people and to be fair, none of us know who really was there for Michael as we were not present in his day to day life.

And the second part of the interview aired today and there was no mention of Michael, I think Diana may have put a stop to any questions on him, 'cause theres no way Mary Hart would pass on getting a comment from her.

well, TMez said a lot of people didn't show up for his trial. that's enough for me. and of course there's those Madonna comments on mtv.

sometimes, u know in ur heart. like we knew MacCaulay was there at the trial. but there was no feeling of anyone being there in later years. no feeling of someone being willing to be unashamed to be seen with Michael, in public.

Last edited:
on Monday my ET description on my Tivo said something like "Diana Ross' first interview since Michael Jacksons death" but his name never came up I was so mad, talk about trying to get ratings but I never watched the rest of the interviews from the week.

''The article posted below was part of the review for Diana's ross latest concert by boston globe reviewer james reed.I was hoping she would do some sort of tribute regarding MJ when she starts her tour,so I wasnt to surprised she paid him one,Guess she was just not comfortable to discuss his death with the media''

It was an evening of memories, as Ross said early on, and it was a pleasure to see her evolution from one decade to the next, from Motown ingénue in the 1960s to international pop star and fashion plate soon after. The show was not quite sold out, but it traded on a contagious electricity from fervent fans who treated Ross as if she had been away for decades. She hasn’t, of course, but if there’s one thing Ross inspires, it’s devotion.

Vamping in various costumes and just a little bit flirtatious, she soaked up the adoration, head back and arms outstretched. But Ross’s chemistry with her band left a lot to be desired — she routinely said “anytime’’ to prompt the next song — and she wasn’t especially in synch with her backing singers, either, who introduced themselves presumably because she didn’t remember their names. (Hey, there’s no shame in using a teleprompter at this point.) Ross also had trouble recalling some lyrics, occasionally substituting “oohs’’ where verses would normally go

Closing out the night, Ross sang a heartfelt tribute to Michael Jackson that featured “Missing You’’ and his “You Are Not Alone.’’

^^^^ Thanks for the update. I so hope there is a youtube of her singing Missing You and You Are Not Alone someday. I know I'd be boohooing like a fool, but I sure would like to see it.

''The article posted below was part of the review for Diana's ross latest concert by boston globe reviewer james reed.I was hoping she would do some sort of tribute regarding MJ when she starts her tour,so I wasnt to surprised she paid him one,Guess she was just not comfortable to discuss his death with the media''

It was an evening of memories, as Ross said early on, and it was a pleasure to see her evolution from one decade to the next, from Motown ingénue in the 1960s to international pop star and fashion plate soon after. The show was not quite sold out, but it traded on a contagious electricity from fervent fans who treated Ross as if she had been away for decades. She hasn’t, of course, but if there’s one thing Ross inspires, it’s devotion.

Vamping in various costumes and just a little bit flirtatious, she soaked up the adoration, head back and arms outstretched. But Ross’s chemistry with her band left a lot to be desired — she routinely said “anytime’’ to prompt the next song — and she wasn’t especially in synch with her backing singers, either, who introduced themselves presumably because she didn’t remember their names. (Hey, there’s no shame in using a teleprompter at this point.) Ross also had trouble recalling some lyrics, occasionally substituting “oohs’’ where verses would normally go

Closing out the night, Ross sang a heartfelt tribute to Michael Jackson that featured “Missing You’’ and his “You Are Not Alone.’’

Maybe ET will report on this tonight.

I am glad she didn't talk about Michael.:clapping:
"Those who know, don't talk, those who talk, don't know. "

I just saw a review for her concert saturday and also noticed she paid trinute to Mike like I thought she would.

Thanks Diana!

I just saw a review for her concert saturday and also noticed she paid trinute to Mike like I thought she would.

Thanks Diana!

Yup same here ;) for those who are interested

http://www.boston.com/ae/music/articles/2010/05/17/career_spanning_reflections_from_diana_ross/ -More on her Saturday Show..

I hope someone will upload a video of this:)

[youtube]DJI9ydLU5R0[/youtube]
[youtube]cYyIUdt7O5c[/youtube]
:cry:

Back