Diana Ross - MJ's 1st L.O.V.E.

• Thread starter Dangerous Incorporated
  • Start date
Hmmm, I wonder why Mike supposedly said that when everybody else said Diana started the shoving match, plus she has done shady things all the way back to the early 1960s. Diana didn't really have many friends or fans at Motown, lol.

Hahaha it's true. I don't know what made him to think this. Maybe he was protecting Diana. Maybe he thinked that Diana was right... Maybe because the love is blind.

I've gone down the rabbit hole of reading book after book about MJ just to try to figure out where on the spectrum from older sister/mentor to lovers did this relationship lie. Generally I dislike the cougar/younger man dynamic but some thing about these two doesn't feel wrong. I still cannot figure this "relationship" out and I know DR will never talk about it so I guess we'll never know honestly... I wish someone in the know can tell us the truth about them. It seemed they were close at one point and the relationship soured towards the end of his life. I do think that his leaving his kids to her in his will was a way of telling the public how much he loved her. I don't believe for one minute he expected her to actually raise them...

I've gone down the rabbit hole of reading book after book about MJ just to try to figure out where on the spectrum from older sister/mentor to lovers did this relationship lie. Generally I dislike the cougar/younger man dynamic but some thing about these two doesn't feel wrong. I still cannot figure this "relationship" out and I know DR will never talk about it so I guess we'll never know honestly... I wish someone in the know can tell us the truth about them. It seemed they were close at one point and the relationship soured towards the end of his life. I do think that his leaving his kids to her in his will was a way of telling the public how much he loved her. I don't believe for one minute he expected her to actually raise them...
First of all, I loved your comment, nice and clear, but back to the point..me personally I think Diana was more of mother figure to him than anything else. I know she was his first crush but she really, you know, actually took care of him in a motherly fashion. And we all know he liked her but I don't think Diana would have had an interest in an 11 (or 12) year old boy. She's older than him by 13 years or so! But the important thing is that Michael had found a caring friend in her.

(also so sorry if my comment feels like I'm trying to disprove you or anything like that, I'm just adding on my thoughts) :3

First of all, I loved your comment, nice and clear, but back to the point..me personally I think Diana was more of mother figure to him than anything else. I know she was his first crush but she really, you know, actually took care of him in a motherly fashion. And we all know he liked her but I don't think Diana would have had an interest in an 11 (or 12) year old boy. She's older than him by 13 years or so! But the important thing is that Michael had found a caring friend in her.

(also so sorry if my comment feels like I'm trying to disprove you or anything like that, I'm just adding on my thoughts) :3
Trust me you have nothing to feel bad about, you are sharing your thoughts in a very respectful manner and I appreciate it.

I believe in free speech. I personally do think that if she had any feelings for him, it was definitely when MJ was an adult, her life was extremely busy in the 70s and she doesn't come of as a woman who is into boys. I mean, Berry, Smokey, her two husbands, Gene Simmonds, those guys are very masculine and adult. But sometimes fame, popularity, youth and someone with strong feeling can pull you in and he was really fine in the early 80s, I can see her falling but then viewing it as a huge mistake... kinda like the Andy Gibb-Victoria Principal fiasco... But maybe you're right she was just a mother/older sister/mentor to him...

Trust me you have nothing to feel bad about, you are sharing your thoughts in a very respectful manner and I appreciate it.
Why, thank you!
I personally do think that if she had any feelings for him, it was definitely when MJ was an adult,
Yes! I totally agree with you right here!
Well, in the end we don't really know don't we? If we Diana wants to keep it private let we let her keep it private :)

Hahaha it's true. I don't know what made him to think this. Maybe he was protecting Diana. Maybe he thinked that Diana was right... Maybe because the love is blind.
Because he knew alot of ppl at Motown were Jealous and angry that she was Gordy's favorite, so they set out to make her life very hard. And that to the fact that many men kept falling in love with her (incl Michael) and it's a bad recipe for a woman..

Oh course she would not want a 12yr old boy. but she definitely began dating him in his latter teen yrs. so she did not feel too motherly. that's for sure and he certainly loved her for life...

I don't believe there was EVER any romantic involvement with them. I think they adored each other but not in that way. There are some quite funny stories , he would tell his chauffer to call him Miss Ross and a time in Las Vegas when she caught him trying on her make up LOL though it was from Taborelli book but not sure if that is actually true .

I believe in free speech. I personally do think that if she had any feelings for him, it was definitely when MJ was an adult, her life was extremely busy in the 70s and she doesn't come of as a woman who is into boys. I mean, Berry, Smokey, her two husbands, Gene Simmonds, those guys are very masculine and adult. But sometimes fame, popularity, youth and someone with strong feeling can pull you in and he was really fine in the early 80s, I can see her falling but then viewing it as a huge mistake... kinda like the Andy Gibb-Victoria Principal fiasco... But maybe you're right she was just a mother/older sister/mentor to him...
No she wasn't. He was crazy about her and she loved him back, but only wanted to be secret lovers. She was sitting in his lap, dancing suggestively with im, calling his sexy and admitting they were in love and saying there was Nothing anyone could do about it! There are videos of them on dates, they were flirting and kissing and touching. Lets not be naive here....

I don't believe there was EVER any romantic involvement with them. I think they adored each other but not in that way. There are some quite funny stories , he would tell his chauffer to call him Miss Ross and a time in Las Vegas when she caught him trying on her make up LOL though it was from Taborelli book but not sure if that is actually true .
Wow! So you are going to bring up the BS that RANDY LYING TAMBORRELLI Said??? When he was PROVEN to be the biggest liar selling books??? Really? That story was a complete fabrication! and Randy got sued and LOST! Unbelievable how quick ppl are to believe lies and trashy lies at that'! And there was TONs of romance between them. The Man only said he loved and wanted to marry her about 100 times. So hey, how could you know??? ( That's sarcasm btw)....

Last edited:
Wow! So you are going to bring up the BS that RANDY LYING TAMBORRELLI Said??? When he was PROVEN to be the biggest liar selling books??? Really? That story was a complete fabrication! and Randy got sued and LOST! Unbelievable how quick ppl are to believe lies and trashy lies at that'! And there was TONs of romance between them. The Man only said he loved and wanted to marry her about 100 times. So hey, how could you know??? ( That's sarcasm btw)....
As i said i thought the story was more funny than anything else , not that i believe him of course. Lol . Although MJ did have a very funny side to him as well very good sense of humour.

Back