Diana Ross?

MJess

Proud Member
Country
Canada
I'm disappointed that Diana Ross' comment doesn't say anything about how she believes he is innocent. She just wants people to "stop in the name of love."

What do you guys think?

Reactions: SoS
Don't know when or where she said that. But it's more than she's said while he was alive or since. So I'm not surprised.

My reply is still awaiting approval but maybe I can just type it out instead of copy and paste and that will work.

She said on Twitter "This is what's on my heart this morning. I believe and trust that Michael Jackson was and is a magnificent and incredible force to me and many others. STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE"

-_-

Why didn't she support him more openly?? Did she even go to his trials or his memorial?

i agree, but some people dont and it really hurts to hear when someone says stuff like that without trying to find out the truth (just going along with what everyone else says)
Diana and many others should do their homework. it takes some research, it's all online.
But I hope the movie sets things straight.

My reply is still awaiting approval but maybe I can just type it out instead of copy and paste and that will work.

She said on Twitter "This is what's on my heart this morning. I believe and trust that Michael Jackson was and is a magnificent and incredible force to me and many others. STOP IN THE NAME OF LOVE"

-_-

Why didn't she support him more openly?? Did she even go to his trials or his memorial?

Why do you make this Diana-bashing- thread???
She always supported him. And your quote was in time of LN. What is not good on it? To say Michael is a magnificant force for when believing he is not innocent does not make sense. And yes she supported him in trial-time, did wearing MJ-T-shirts in puplic and she was on the memorial, did go to his childreen and yes she does tributes to Michael up to this date on concerts and allways says she is missing him.

Prince said on a recent interview that she is a sweet person.

Diana Ross tweeted this at a time when it was absolutely toxic to mention MJs name, something which she did not have to do. She received a lot of flack at the time for it too. You're entitled to be disappointed, but what a waste of energy.

Dang, I didn't intend to upset so many people or to bash on her. I like her. I don't think she's a bad person. I just wanted to know more about how she supported him (if she did since I've been trying to find information on whether she defended him) and ask you guys what you thought about her tweet.

True-- she at least said this when everyone was dragging his name through the dirt because of LN. I appreciate that, but why not say something about how he was a pure and innocent man or something? Yes, saying a "magnificent force" is great but LOTS of people (and non-fans) talk about how amazing he was as a performer/entertainer etc. and to me, she was only implying that, and not commenting on how he was as a person-- an innocent person. That's just what I think.

As for Janet, I love her and I understood her sentiment but of course I wish EVERYONE who knew him publicly supported/defended him more before he died (and of course after LN, too).

I'm also really hoping the movie will clear up a lot of things.

I very recently joined this community and now I'm thinking I won't post again...

It's just conversation, no one is judging you, there are lots of people I wish would have stood up much more, I mentioned Janet as she is actually blood. That's what this place is for we all have opinions

Dang, I didn't intend to upset so many people or to bash on her. I like her. I don't think she's a bad person. I just wanted to know more about how she supported him (if she did since I've been trying to find information on whether she defended him) and ask you guys what you thought about her tweet.

True-- she at least said this when everyone was dragging his name through the dirt because of LN. I appreciate that, but why not say something about how he was a pure and innocent man or something? Yes, saying a "magnificent force" is great but LOTS of people (and non-fans) talk about how amazing he was as a performer/entertainer etc. and to me, she was only implying that, and not commenting on how he was as a person-- an innocent person. That's just what I think.

As for Janet, I love her and I understood her sentiment but of course I wish EVERYONE who knew him publicly supported/defended him more before he died (and of course after LN, too).

I very recently joined this community and now I'm thinking I won't post again...
Hun dont be discouraged you have a right to state your opinion - thats what a forum is for

clearly you and the person you're responding to did not watch Janets documentary.

She went on to say the allegations were false.
I have seen it and I understand what she was saying and that it was not a negative thing against him. It was more of a critique towards the media's portrayal of MJ and the Jackson family. "Guilty by association. I guess thatā€™s what they call it, right?ā€

I have seen it and I understand what she was saying and that it was not a negative thing against him. It was more of a critique towards the media's portrayal of MJ and the Jackson family. "Guilty by association. I guess thatā€™s what they call it, right?ā€
well that should have been clarified by the person who posted the comment. Thats how misinformation gets spread. It's not different than the media twisting her words

Yes, that's right, Janet clearly says in the documentary that Michael is innocent, but the trailer she uses in her own documentary only shows this excerpt. Even your own sister promotes the documentary as if you could think otherwise. And it's a feast for the media. It was used often in the run-up to the documentary and you still can see this trailer first when you come to her youtoube-side. Why not stating in the trailer "my brother is innocent, he always was".

I apologise, I didn't watch the documentary, just the trailer, and feel pretty annoyed at myself for being sucked in should of known better feel foolish

clearly you and the person you're responding to did not watch Janets documentary.

She went on to say the allegations were false.
I watched it but janet's wording wasnt well it sounded like she was saying like ''she knew'' mj was guilty

I watched it but janet's wording wasnt well it sounded like she was saying like ''she knew'' mj was guilty
It does not, she literally followed up the guilty by association comment by saying he was NOT guilty

She always supported him. And your quote was in time of LN. What is not good on it? To say Michael is a magnificant force for when believing he is not innocent does not make sense. And yes she supported him in trial-time, did wearing MJ-T-shirts in puplic and she was on the memorial, did go to his childreen and yes she does tributes to Michael up to this date on concerts and allways says she is missing him.

With respect and regard to a fellow Diana and MJ fan, and as a fellow Diana and MJ fan who's always respected you as a poster:
I didn't see anyone encouraging anyone to 'bash' Diana just because they were uncomfortable with Diana's comment and asked fans what they thought.

For someone whom MJ trusted with something as critically important as his children, some people felt the trust wasn't reciprocated by her shallow, superficial comment with a "Diana Ross hit song plug" attached to it at the end, yes we were a bit shocked that she didn't go a tad deeper for MJ.

She'd better be sweet to Prince. Michael trusted her to be.

I do not see where the poster, nor anyone else has invited others to 'bash' Diana just by pointing out how disappointed they were.

Disappointment comes from expectation.

Since Diana was going to go out of her way to say anything, everyone was expecting something of more value to MJ's life, legacy and image, especially from someone he famously trusted, of course everyone expected more than a mere shallow, superficial, useless and self-centered comment while she had the world's full attention on Twitter, and they had every right and reason to be disappointed.

On a different but on topic note:

Do you consider it bashing to ask if you have a rationale as to why she had to wish Geffen's pal Oprah a happy birthday? Geffen, the one who tried to destroy Michael's career? Yes, the one who premiered Leaving Neverland on his yacht for Oprah's birthday? Yes Oprah. The one that hosted those liars James and Wade on her show?

Its not a 'bash', its a question, a legit one.

You daggone right Michael was and is magnificant force to us all, Diana, now tell the world something they don't ALREADY know.

What about how insane these people are, what about how outrageous it all is. What about leaving out the reference to your own hit record?

It makes her look like just another attention grubbing, self-serving, so-called friend at the end of the day. Sorry its not a fan's fault if they are disappointed.

Next time Diana, try (try try) something meaningful and enlightening rather than something 'lovely', 'shallow and 'cute'?

'Magnificant force' indeed. smh and jmo

And I'd sincerely like to know what are anyone's thoughts on this without anyone accusing anyone of bashing.

I tried to delete any simple truth that could be misconstrued as 'bashing' although let's face it, if telling the truth sounds like 'bashing' then .... there you have it. Sometimes the truth is ugly and disappointing. sorryaboutthat

Last edited:
I'm disappointed that Diana Ross' comment doesn't say anything about how she believes he is innocent. She just wants people to "stop in the name of love."

What do you guys think?
You (and I) are not alone. It was a let down to the world imho. My comment to Diana Ross: do better by MJ afterall he worshipped, glorified and trusted you despite everything.

What do you guys think?
double post

My sentiments exactly! Just expected more from her.

With respect and regard to a fellow Diana and MJ fan, and as a fellow Diana and MJ fan who's always respected you as a poster:
I didn't see anyone encouraging anyone to 'bash' Diana just because they were uncomfortable with Diana's comment and asked fans what they thought.

For someone whom MJ trusted with something as critically important as his children, some people felt the trust wasn't reciprocated by her shallow, superficial comment with a "Diana Ross hit song plug" attached to it at the end, yes we were a bit shocked that she didn't go a tad deeper for MJ.

She'd better be sweet to Prince. Michael trusted her to be.

I do not see where the poster, nor anyone else has invited others to 'bash' Diana just by pointing out how disappointed they were.

Disappointment comes from expectation.

Since Diana was going to go out of her way to say anything, everyone was expecting something of more value to MJ's life, legacy and image, especially from someone he famously trusted, of course everyone expected more than a mere shallow, superficial, useless and self-centered comment while she had the world's full attention on Twitter, and they had every right and reason to be disappointed.

On a different but on topic note:

Do you consider it bashing to ask if you have a rationale as to why she had to wish Geffen's pal Oprah a happy birthday? Geffen, the one who tried to destroy Michael's career? Yes, the one who premiered Leaving Neverland on his yacht for Oprah's birthday? Yes Oprah. The one that hosted those liars James and Wade on her show?

Its not a 'bash', its a question, a legit one.

You daggone right Michael was and is magnificant force to us all, Diana, now tell the world something they don't ALREADY know.

What about how insane these people are, what about how outrageous it all is. What about leaving out the reference to your own hit record?

It makes her look like just another attention grubbing, self-serving, so-called friend at the end of the day. Sorry its not a fan's fault if they are disappointed.

Next time Diana, try (try try) something meaningful and enlightening rather than something 'lovely', 'shallow and 'cute'?

'Magnificant force' indeed. smh and jmo

And I'd sincerely like to know what are anyone's thoughts on this without anyone accusing anyone of bashing.

I tried to delete any simple truth that could be misconstrued as 'bashing' although let's face it, if telling the truth sounds like 'bashing' then .... there you have it. Sometimes the truth is ugly and disappointing. sorryaboutthat
Oops I meant to reply to you and not to myself just now lol

My sentiments exactly! Just expected more from her.

Back