Did he even like Pepsi?

But, the 1993 allegations was the starting point for Pepsi to end that broader relationship (that included also the sponsorship of the tour itself) which had been built even years before. Also, as far as I know, Pepsi never made a statement in support of MJ (during that period), nor did it try to re-approach MJ again the following years.

This only cements my opinion that Pepsi tried to distance itself from MJ as soon as the 1993 allegations came to light, & for me, this is what matters.

Finally, Pepsi’s general, unfavorable treatment towards MJ at that time (that goes beyond a mere end of a tour sponsorship agreement) was also reflected on many of his fans who not only stopped drinking that beverage but also eagerly boycotted that drink.

Exactly, I agree.
And in my opinion their 2009 magazine advert was hypocritical. :angry:

I remember watching some documentary back in 2010 about Michael's life where they played actual recorded audio of him talking about the drink/promotion (?) and I even remember him saying the words "I hate Pepsi!" Although my memory isn't very clear from back then I distinctly remember that part because I used to drink Pepsi mainly because of Michael and the commercials back then. In fact, I was actually drinking it while watching the documentary when he said it. I guess you can just imagine how bad I felt in that moment. :( I stopped drinking it from then on because of more than one reason.

If anyone knows about the documentary or the audio I would appreciate if you could refresh my memory and inform us. :)

I remember watching some documentary back in 2010 about Michael's life where they played actual recorded audio of him talking about the drink/promotion (?) and I even remember him saying the words "I hate Pepsi!" Although my memory isn't very clear from back then I distinctly remember that part because I used to drink Pepsi mainly because of Michael and the commercials back then. In fact, I was actually drinking it while watching the documentary when he said it. I guess you can just imagine how bad I felt in that moment. :( I stopped drinking it from then on because of more than one reason.

If anyone knows about the documentary or the audio I would appreciate if you could refresh my memory and inform us. :)

Thanks to the answers in this thread I now know that he hated Pepsi, but now I wonder what his favorite soda was, or if he even drank soda at all LOL. :)

You remember correctly!

During a taped interview, MJ referred to Pepsi &, among others, he said that:

"... I hate Pepsi. I hated doing that dumb commercial, the only thing I liked about it was working with the children..."

Those audio tapes saw the light of day in autumn of 2009.

You remember correctly!

During a taped interview, MJ referred to Pepsi &, among others, he said that:

"... I hate Pepsi. I hated doing that dumb commercial, the only thing I liked about it was working with the children..."

Those audio tapes saw the light of day in autumn of 2009.

LOL, he went in on Pepsi.:rofl:

he liked Pepsi the way Dre likes *****... Its publicity and money!! quality of the product is secondary

Back