Did Michael excel at up-tempos

Mister_Jay_Tee

Proud Member
Donations
$1.00
...that made you want to dance? Were the lyrics always meaningful and telling a story, as Billie Jean or Smooth Criminal, or was it okay for him to make objectively "shallow" dance music? Or even just launch more angry tirades or aggressive beats? Perhaps for some it's not easy to enjoy the aggressive electronic music post Bad, but anyone who actually dances will tell you that's decidedly not the case.

Or was he more consistent with ballads, making smooth slow jams that you could drive to in the car, or perhaps cry to?

I think in general people see him as a dance man. Every time he got played in a bar there was some kind of reaction from the attendees. A minor cheer or someone busting out MJ choreography, that kind of stuff. This I say comes from experience when I was still to be found in bars myself.

But for me he is the singer that excels at ballads. Most of my absolute favorites showcase his enormously beautiful voice.With aggressive beats his voice doesn’t get the attention it deserves imo

I think in general people see him as a dance man. Every time he got played in a bar there was some kind of reaction from the attendees. A minor cheer or someone busting out MJ choreography, that kind of stuff.
Yeah but I think people would perk up when they hear his voice. And otherwise give attention to sounds they otherwise wouldn't.

Definitely makes you think MJ didn't seem to prefer a "signature sound".

Back