Did Michael Jackson wear false eyelashes in video clips/ tours??

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
Recently i found out that he wore false eyelashes in some interview... Now im a little bit confused, because i always thought that he was using only makeup and lipstick, because he had Lupus...

Michael Jackson wore false eyelashes not only in that 1993 Neverland Statement interview (when he addressed the allegations against him) but also in other occasions, such as in his wedding ceremony with Debbie Rowe in 1996.

He also wore false eyelashes in certain of his music videos (like, 'Stranger In Moscow', 'Blood On The Dance Floor', etc).

Apparently, he never wore false eyelashes while performing in his tours.

Michael Jackson wore false eyelashes not only in that 1993 Neverland Statement interview (when he addressed the allegations against him) but also in other occasions, such as in his wedding ceremony with Debbie Rowe in 1996.

He also wore false eyelashes in certain of his music videos (like, 'Stranger In Moscow', 'Blood On The Dance Floor', etc).

And do you know why he did it? Because of his disease or just to look better?

And one more question: as far as i get it, he started to wear false eyelashes from HISTORY ERA and till Invincible ERA, am i right?

He did that for both of these reasons (disease and aesthetics).

His Lupus disease caused to him hair loss, which in turn affected his eyelashes.

His Lupus disease also affected his eyebrows, which is why he got permanent, tattooed eyebrows.

He also wore false eyelashes (as he was getting older) for aesthetic reasons, meaning that he wanted to look better, younger and because he wanted to have a more feminine look.

Michael Jackson started to wear false eyelashes before the HIStory era and until his death.

He did that for both of these reasons (disease and aesthetics).

His Lupus disease caused to him hair loss, which in turn affected his eyelashes.

His Lupus disease also affected his eyebrows, which is why he got permanent, tattooed eyebrows.

He also wore false eyelashes (as he was getting older) for aesthetic reasons, meaning that he wanted to look better, younger and because he wanted to have a more feminine look.

Michael Jackson started to wear false eyelashes before the HIStory era and until his death.
And where do find information that MJ wanted to have a more feminine look? I think thats not true. He was not a transvestite. He just wanted to look better and more attractive, Thats all. No need to bring femininity here

Why are you so sure that he didnt wear false eyelashes on tours? I think you you are a bit wrong... He was definately wearing false eyelashes on history tour

Of course, Michael wore false eyelashes on many occasions - both on and off stage. Eyelashes do not get longer and thicker with age.

Of course, Michael wore false eyelashes on many occasions - both on and off stage. Eyelashes do not get longer and thicker with age.
Are there any photo where he is without them? XD Because now i don't really see the difference

Just wondering, why the hell is this a topic? I can’t imagine fans of other artists asking such a personal question about their favorite. Maybe I’m over reacting , but, it seems as if some MJ fans think that they have a RIGHT to be intrusive into things that they SHOULDN’T when it comes to Michael. The media did the same damn thing to him, when they wouldn’t dare do it to any other artist. 😡

Just wondering, why the hell is this a topic? I can’t imagine fans of other artists asking such a personal question about their favorite. Maybe I’m over reacting , but, it seems as if some MJ fans think that they have a RIGHT to be intrusive into things that they SHOULDN’T when it comes to Michael. The media did the same damn thing to him, when they wouldn’t dare do it to any other artist. 😡
Does it affect eyelashes? He could have used fake eyelashed like he used wigs. He wanted to look certain way

Does it affect eyelashes? He could have used fake eyelashed like he used wigs. He wanted to look certain way.
Yes it does...

Its not personal lol. Its just his eyes... You are definitely overreacting

And where do find information that MJ wanted to have a more feminine look? I think thats not true. He was not a transvestite. He just wanted to look better and more attractive, Thats all. No need to bring femininity here
Michael Jackson wanted to have a more feminine look even years before the HIStory era.

For example, celebrity biographer John Randy Taraborrelli revealed an interesting incident: at one point Michael Jackson was secretly putting on Diana Ross' makeup, transforming in that way himself into Diana Ross.

That incident took place backstage, at Diana Ross' dressing room at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas (in 1986).

Diana Ross was shocked when she saw that when she returned back to her dressing room.

Another example is what Harrison Funk (Michael Jackson's long-time personal photographer) stated about that.

He stated that Michael Jackson wanted to be fluid around gender and that he did not want to overtly identify as one particular gender.

Look also at Michael Jackson's choice of colours of his make-up, which generally was a glossy, bright red lipstick tied with black semi-permanent eyeliner.

Note also that he gradually began to use even heavier eyeliner and mascara (from early '90s onwards), which was another clear sign of his desire for having a more feminine look.

Michael Jackson wanted to have a more feminine look even years before the HIStory era.

For example, celebrity biographer John Randy Taraborrelli revealed an interesting incident: at one point Michael Jackson was secretly putting on Diana Ross' makeup, transforming in that way himself into Diana Ross.

That incident took place backstage, at Diana Ross' dressing room at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas (in 1986).

Diana Ross was shocked when she saw that when she returned back to her dressing room.

Another example is what Harrison Funk (Michael Jackson's long-time personal photographer) stated about that.

He stated that Michael Jackson wanted to be fluid around gender and that he did not want to overtly identify as one particular gender.

Look also at Michael Jackson's choice of colours of his make-up, which generally was a glossy, bright red lipstick tied with black semi-permanent eyeliner.

Note also that he gradually began to use even heavier eyeliner and mascara (from early '90s onwards), which was another clear sign of his desire for having a more feminine look.
You are just talking bull**** here... As allways...

You can´t take Taraborrelli serious, that is the first thing...
2nd thing is, he wore eyliner not to have more feminine look, but to optically get smaller eyes, cause thats what eyeliner do...
I am just sooooo sick and tired of your oppinions presented as facts and statements.. First know something about make up and then you can talk...

Sorry, but lubyss is right, most of you "facts" are just speculation and unverified statements... For example a few months ago you said that MJ was taking part in production of 12 Casio tracks and you tried to proof it with some journalist tapes... But then i found out that that tapes doesn't exist at all, and this journalist is one of the people, which are saying that it is Michael singing on Casio tracks... Now is very similar case: again you are trying to sell unverified rumors as facts... Please. Stop doing this. Always always check truthfulness of your sources. Please

In case you don't know, Michael had vitiligo and lupus, which affected his appearance and that was the main reason why he wore makeup, not because he wanted to have a more feminine look as you are claiming.

You talk as if you knew Michael on a personal level and it is really annoying because what you say can end up misleading someone who is a new Michael Jackson fan and isn't that knowledge about him.

I just think this guy should be banned... Sorry for sayinig this, but somebody has to say it, I read even mods warned him once like a 2 months ago... :( As it seems he didn´t stopped and nothing happened...

It is not important at all. This is a tabloid topic. This thread should be closed and deleted. Let's respect Michael please with love, L.O.V.E.

Nite Line, people who were very close to him and knew him on a personal level stated that part of the reason for his make-up was also because he wanted to have a more feminine look.

Another example is his long-time, make-up artist Karen Faye who stated that the singer wanted to adopt also feminine facial features and to have his make-up in a certain way in order for him to look both male and female.

Richard76, look also at his overall behaviour which had some feminine elements, among others, his off-stage, intentional high-pitched speaking voice, certain gestures and ways of speaking that he adopted from Diana Ross, and so on.

somewhereinthedark, Michael Jackson himself gave that right when he intentionally started to act, look and behave in a way that would attract attention.

American journalist Barbara Walters even noticed that when she said to him (in 1997) that things like the way he dressed and looked they invited attention.

Or take the example of his face-mask (that he started to wear on public occasions, such as while entering awards ceremonies, etc) apparently because he wanted to be viewed as an enigmatic figure and thus to make people and fans wonder a lot about him and about his behaviour.

Are there any photo where he is without them? XD Because now i don't really see the difference

10649493_1023580331049635_7448246254429524148_n.png
0ad75cf775f0064c82d29983a6d35ae4.jpg

Back