Did Michael perform TWYMMF with a white shirt in Los Angeles 1989?

Themidwestcowboy

Proud Member
I know Michael performed Man In The Mirror with the white shirt in LA 89 but did he peform TWYMMF with the white shirt aswell? And if he did are theyre any pictures availible?

It's not impossible I guess. We don't know for sure he's performing MITM in the pictures we have, it might as well be TWYMMF.

It's not impossible I guess. We don't know for sure he's performing MITM in the pictures we have, it might as well be TWYMMF.

yeah but i think its pretty far fetched.. Hope the user can provide us with a picture (With his shirt tucked in to his pants), then we can really determine if its TWYMMF or MITM

Last edited:
In one of the MITM Moonwalker performances he's wearing the bad outfit and theres a pro snippet of wearing the bad outfit again so he could quite easily have worn the white jacket, but until either this person provides the pics or we see that performance of TWYMMF its up for disscusion.

In one of the MITM Moonwalker performances he's wearing the bad outfit and theres a pro snippet of wearing the bad outfit again so he could quite easily have worn the white jacket, but until either this person provides the pics or we see that performance of TWYMMF its up for disscusion.

^^, This..

He weared Bad outfit because he performed Bad before MITM. In those concerts where he weared TWYMMF outfit for MITM he had performed TWYMMF before MITM.

He weared Bad outfit because he performed Bad before MITM. In those concerts where he weared TWYMMF outfit for MITM he had performed TWYMMF before MITM.

I know he performed Bad before TWYMMF and MITM, I know he change from the Bad outfit to the TWYMMF outfit and kept it on for MITM, and for one concert aleast he did'nt change from the Bad outfit

No, he performed with the standard blue outfit and then changed for the only time he wore the white shirt for MITM.

I know he performed Bad before TWYMMF and MITM, I know he change from the Bad outfit to the TWYMMF outfit and kept it on for MITM, and for one concert aleast he did'nt change from the Bad outfit

Yeah, well i think he performed Bad then changed to the Twymmf shirt and then changed back to the bad outfit for man in the mirror. Really it would make no sense for him to perform the way you make me feel with the black jacket when he has the blue shirt for that song. In the amercan leg he always peformed The way you make me feel, and in some concert (If not all during the US leg) he peformed MITM with the black shirt, and there are footage and pictures of michael performing TWYMMF with the blue shirt during the american leg.

Wasn't The Way You Make Me Feel not performed at one of the Bad tour concerts? I think it was one of the Wembley shows but i'm not 100% sure. So when we saw him performing Man In The Mirror on Moonwalker with the Bad jacket it was probably from the concert where The Way You Make Me Feel wasn't performed

Yeah, well i think he performed Bad then changed to the Twymmf shirt and then changed back to the bad outfit for man in the mirror. Really it would make no sense for him to perform the way you make me feel with the black jacket when he has the blue shirt for that song. In the amercan leg he always peformed The way you make me feel, and in some concert (If not all during the US leg) he peformed MITM with the black shirt, and there are footage and pictures of michael performing TWYMMF with the blue shirt during the american leg.

Fair Point

Wasn't The Way You Make Me Feel not performed at one of the Bad tour concerts? I think it was one of the Wembley shows but i'm not 100% sure. So when we saw him performing Man In The Mirror on Moonwalker with the Bad jacket it was probably from the concert where The Way You Make Me Feel wasn't performed

Yeah, but that footage of michael with the black jacket cannot be from wembley or any european country, becuase its the US leg stage (with the audience on the side) and its the same footage from one of the MTV Bad Tour Documentaries.

Yes, he did perform TWYMMF in the white shirt:

cap651.bmp

pulling shirt open...

cap652.bmp

new_bad_tour_14904_2.jpg

And as far as MITM being performed with the Bad jacket on: during some shows of the Bad Tour, either TWYMMF or MITM would be removed from the set list (Barcelona concert for example), probably due to time constraints. That's why for some shows he has the Bad Jacket on (Remember the Wurzburg performance?). Although during the June 15th show in London (the one we've all seen in amateur), he comes back out on stage in the bad jacket after having performed MITM in the blue shirt, so who really knows outside of those who have attended those particular shows. Really it just depended on whatever Michael felt like wearing, lol.

Yes, he did perform TWYMMF in the white shirt:

cap651.bmp

pulling shirt open...

cap652.bmp

new_bad_tour_14904_2.jpg

And as far as MITM being performed with the Bad jacket on: during some shows of the Bad Tour, either TWYMMF or MITM would be removed from the set list (Barcelona concert for example), probably due to time constraints. That's why for some shows he has the Bad Jacket on (Remember the Wurzburg performance?). Although during the June 15th show in London (the one we've all seen in amateur), he comes back out on stage in the bad jacket after having performed MITM in the blue shirt, so who really knows outside of those who have attended those particular shows. Really it just depended on whatever Michael felt like wearing, lol.

As far as the '' Brace Yourself '' video goes, that is not proof enough that he performed TWYMMF in the white shirt. Really i dont see him pulling his shirt opend (Just Re-watched it), plus it seems alot like type of move he does in MITM. But yeah who knows, except for the people who attended the concerts..

The seccond thing is not completley true. He did infact peform TWYMMF in Wurburg before performing MITM, I have heard the Amature audio.. After TWYMMF he probably changed back to the Bad Jacket (As seen in the German TV Special). I Find it very odd if he would perform TWYMMF with the Bad Jacket. Still who knows, this is Michael Jackson we are talking about, nothin is impossible,lol.

What do you mean with '' either TWYMMF or MITM would be removed from the setlist (Barcelona concert for example) ''. The amatur concert we have ends with Bad. So you mean that they removed to songs from the setlist?
I believe TWYMMF and MITM was performed in barcelona, but due to the break after Bad (Wich people who have attended have said was veery long and they thought the concert was over), they either left or ran out of film. They even rehearsed MITM for barcelona, there are clips in here and on tube of that..

What i understand, in london Michael removed DD from the setlist because of Princess Diana but she wanted him to perform it. So in the last minute he replaced Dirty Diana with TWYMMF. But what is still a mystery for me is that Wembley Amature concert we got. Why did he go back and change to the black jacket, he must have had his reasons i guess lol.

Sorry for the long reply haha:D

I saw a black&white picture that Michael is performing TWYMMF :)

As far as the '' Brace Yourself '' video goes, that is not proof enough that he performed TWYMMF in the white shirt. Really i dont see him pulling his shirt opend (Just Re-watched it), plus it seems alot like type of move he does in MITM. But yeah who knows, except for the people who attended the concerts..

The seccond thing is not completley true. He did infact peform TWYMMF in Wurburg before performing MITM, I have heard the Amature audio.. After TWYMMF he probably changed back to the Bad Jacket (As seen in the German TV Special). I Find it very odd if he would perform TWYMMF with the Bad Jacket. Still who knows, this is Michael Jackson we are talking about, nothin is impossible,lol.

What do you mean with '' either TWYMMF or MITM would be removed from the setlist (Barcelona concert for example) ''. The amatur concert we have ends with Bad. So you mean that they removed to songs from the setlist?
I believe TWYMMF and MITM was performed in barcelona, but due to the break after Bad (Wich people who have attended have said was veery long and they thought the concert was over), they either left or ran out of film. They even rehearsed MITM for barcelona, there are clips in here and on tube of that..

What i understand, in london Michael removed DD from the setlist because of Princess Diana but she wanted him to perform it. So in the last minute he replaced Dirty Diana with TWYMMF. But what is still a mystery for me is that Wembley Amature concert we got. Why did he go back and change to the black jacket, he must have had his reasons i guess lol.

Sorry for the long reply haha:D

It's cool, lol. Watch that clip from brace yourself again. You can see his hair is blowing (if you have in HD or DVD), he doesn't use the fan for MITM. There's other possible leads to prove that he did wear the white shirt. Check out "Where It Began, Where It Went, Where it's Going" video. That montage extensively uses footage from the LA concerts. You know the shot near the end of the vid that uses the choral music from the beginning of WYBT (when he's standing in front of the bright flood lights before TWYMMF)? I know it's not much but if you look closely at his shirt, you can see it's not blue, regardless of the light being so bright.

As far as TWYMMF and MITM being removed during some shows, since they were "encore" performances, it's very possible for them to be removed for whatever reason, a lot of artists do this and Michael is known for changing his setlists (adding songs, removing, etc). He definitely did this during the first US leg. That concert from MTV Bad around The World special is from Minneapolis (or possibly Chicago I hear), and from what I found out, he didn't perform TWYMMF that night (whatever night that was lol). And I gather that TWYMMF was performed during wurzburg (i only have half of the show), but it is very possible that he could have removed one or both from certain shows. Even tho they rehearsed the songs for the Barcelona show, it doesn't exactly mean they performed them.
I'm not saying i know for certain or that what i say is right, but i definitely believe TWYMMF was performed in the white shirt during one or several LA performances.

PS, watch the Barcelona report. There's a version that shows Michael leaving the concert in the Bad jacket with his hair down and a towel around his neck.

...............I guess we're even in length, lol. ;)

It's cool, lol. Watch that clip from brace yourself again. You can see his hair is blowing (if you have in HD or DVD), he doesn't use the fan for MITM. There's other possible leads to prove that he did wear the white shirt. Check out "Where It Began, Where It Went, Where it's Going" video. That montage extensively uses footage from the LA concerts. You know the shot near the end of the vid that uses the choral music from the beginning of WYBT (when he's standing in front of the bright flood lights before TWYMMF)? I know it's not much but if you look closely at his shirt, you can see it's not blue, regardless of the light being so bright.

As far as TWYMMF and MITM being removed during some shows, since they were "encore" performances, it's very possible for them to be removed for whatever reason, a lot of artists do this and Michael is known for changing his setlists (adding songs, removing, etc). He definitely did this during the first US leg. That concert from MTV Bad around The World special is from Minneapolis (or possibly Chicago I hear), and from what I found out, he didn't perform TWYMMF that night (whatever night that was lol). And I gather that TWYMMF was performed during wurzburg (i only have half of the show), but it is very possible that he could have removed one or both from certain shows. Even tho they rehearsed the songs for the Barcelona show, it doesn't exactly mean they performed them.
I'm not saying i know for certain or that what i say is right, but i definitely believe TWYMMF was performed in the white shirt during one or several LA performances.

PS, watch the Barcelona report. There's a version that shows Michael leaving the concert in the Bad jacket with his hair down and a towel around his neck.

...............I guess we're even in length, lol. ;)

I Re-watched where it went, Where its going again and i have to say that his shirt looks white! Im still not 100% conviced as we have not seen any concreat evidence..

Hmm he probably did that wouldent suprise me, but the question is why? was it because of the time he was givin to perform in the US? Because in Kansas and NY he did the full setlist including Bad, TWYMMF and MITM..

Really, I tried to search the whole YT for a video of that Barcelona report but all i could find was a quick montage of, WBSS, HH and APOM. If you found the link please share:D

Haha, yeah:D

Edit: oh never mind i just found the clip u was talkin about! My question is tho, did he end it with bad or did he perform mitm with the bad jacket? Btw the gothenburg concert that we have ends after bad aswell, but my sister who was at the concert said that he peformed MITM and she was around 15 or 16 so she remembers it very clearly.. :p

Last edited:
I Re-watched where it went, Where its going again and i have to say that his shirt looks white! Im still not 100% conviced as we have not seen any concreat evidence..

Hmm he probably did that wouldent suprise me, but the question is why? was it because of the time he was givin to perform in the US? Because in Kansas and NY he did the full setlist including Bad, TWYMMF and MITM..

Really, I tried to search the whole YT for a video of that Barcelona report but all i could find was a quick montage of, WBSS, HH and APOM. If you found the link please share:D

Haha, yeah:D

Edit: oh never mind i just found the clip u was talkin about! My question is tho, did he end it with bad or did he perform mitm with the bad jacket? Btw the gothenburg concert that we have ends after bad aswell, but my sister who was at the concert said that he peformed MITM and she was around 15 or 16 so she remembers it very clearly.. :p

Unfortunately, no pics of TWYMMF in LA have surfaced yet, so we can't be 100% sure (at least 90% lol). He probably did perform MITM in Gothenburg that night tho. A lot of the amateur footage we have or have seen is mostly incomplete (with exceptions of London and Tokyo of course ;) ). There's a couple reasons why songs are removed/added during certain shows. One of them being to save time because the venue might have specified a closing time or curfew when it comes to events (i.e. another artists might be performing the following day or a sports event, etc...). another reason could be that maybe Michael wasn't feeling well certain nights (although his health was pretty good during the bad tour) and wanted to end early. Another reason could be that, simply, he just didn't feel like performing them that night lol. Hey who knows? I just want to see a FULL PRO concert of this tour, ya know. If any concert should be released, I'd DEFINITELY want it to be LA. But of course, it might be London (which i certainly wouldn't mind).

Unfortunately, no pics of TWYMMF in LA have surfaced yet, so we can't be 100% sure (at least 90% lol). He probably did perform MITM in Gothenburg that night tho. A lot of the amateur footage we have or have seen is mostly incomplete (with exceptions of London and Tokyo of course ;) ). There's a couple reasons why songs are removed/added during certain shows. One of them being to save time because the venue might have specified a closing time or curfew when it comes to events (i.e. another artists might be performing the following day or a sports event, etc...). another reason could be that maybe Michael wasn't feeling well certain nights (although his health was pretty good during the bad tour) and wanted to end early. Another reason could be that, simply, he just didn't feel like performing them that night lol. Hey who knows? I just want to see a FULL PRO concert of this tour, ya know. If any concert should be released, I'd DEFINITELY want it to be LA. But of course, it might be London (which i certainly wouldn't mind).

Sir, you were a 100% correct! He did have the white shirt on for TWYMMF in LA, i just saw a picture of it (Thanks to thecode753cr)

Dont know how to make pictures visible on threads but here it is

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/la27.jpg/

Sir, you were a 100% correct! He did have the white shirt on for TWYMMF in LA, i just saw a picture of it (Thanks to thecode753cr)

Dont know how to make pictures visible on threads but here it is

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/204/la27.jpg/

HOLY KARP BATMAN!!! Thanks for posting this pic bro, and thanks to thecode753cr for finding it!!!!! Does he have more? Well i guess the question is answered, lol. Darn it, now I wanna see it pro-shot even more, haha. . ;) :cool:

Back