Did Michael smoke?

this is an absurd question, no one who smokes would have a voice that sounded like his lol

I think proof is that the cigarrette isn't even lit. No self-respecting smoker would be caught posing with a non-lit cigarrette (neither would a not self-respecting one). I don't think he ever did, to be honest.

That's right -It wasn't lit- MTV showed it for the First Time when The Video first came out and an Then later as a tribute to him around the time of a tribute to him around the time of one of his Birthdays years ago. When the Video came out I had my VCR then and Recorded it.Saw him put the Cigarette in his Mouth and crossed his legs .I said "what ????!!!" But How I got this pic.I got it through a Website. I had it since 2003.I think it was either MJJphotos or another MJ website. But it had the MTVseal on it so that's proof that they showed it on MTV as I remember it.You really have to search through Google or Yahoo to find this pic.

No he didn't here he is holding a cigarette that is not even lit up for Frank Dileo for picture since Dileo ran out of cigars and he wanted to take a picture of MJ with a cigar

Two empty packs of American Spirit cigarettes were among the items found in Mike's master bathroom (which is different from the room where he died, so it would seem the empty packs did not belong to Murray). Of course this doesn't make it a fact that Mike smoked. It just seems strange because it was known early on that he didn't smoke (maybe he started smoking lately because of the stress?). And to top it all, this brand is what Lisa Marie used to smoke before she quit recently.

Was that ever in any official documents or only in tabloids?

Was that ever in any official documents or only in tabloids?

Someone posted the list somewhere in this board. I first saw it being discussed at Lipstick Alley. It looked official, not from a tabloid.

Nope-It wasn't Photoshopped it's from The Video That was not only played on MTV but I have The Video on Both DVD and VHS. I was shocked myself when I saw him do that. As I said,I'm not PC savvy and I don't know how to Photoshop.I wished I did so I can put Myself in a Pic with Michael. Now if I have an collector's Item,I aint Selling.. Remember, Sometimes Michael did several Takes of Videos and Songs inwhich I still Cherish My Copy of Bad with IJCSLU w The Spoken intro before they changed it to just Strings taking place of The Spoken intro And Scream when we first heard him curse.Believe Me, I do love you peeps, I wouldn't lie about something like this,I'm being very honest with you. I know someone else will find that Pic and Blow it up for all to see.

I don't think you were lying, ruchie, but I'm looking forward to seeing it. I sure hope someone does find and upload it

I would't believe it for a minute, especially given the extraordinary vocal range that he maintained right into his 50s

Last edited:
Considering how often he was photographed, I'd think if he did, there'd be more photographs of him floating around doing so rather than one pic of him holding an unlit cigarette.

I tend to think not. I went searching and found this http://en.allexperts.com/q/Jackson-Michael-489/michael-jackson-smoke.htm

Question
hi,does mj smoke?i know his sis,janet does,if mj does,can u provide clear evidence?thanks

Answer
hello nick,

michael jackson does not condone smoking. so therefore he doesn't smoke at all. he said in one magazine from brazil "i can't stand how it makes your teeth look, and how it makes your breath smell. most of all, im scared of all the diseases you get from it. so i don't do it". THANK YOU for the question. please come back soon!

I wonder if it's true, and what magazine that is.

Back