Did MJ rehearse You Rock My World for This Is It

Short answer is no.
According to the film, information from the band and Sugarfoot's instrumentals shared on YouTube, the songs rehearsed for This Is It were:

- Wanna Be Startin' Somethin'
- Jam
- They Don't Care About Us
- Human Nature
- Stranger in Moscow
- Smooth Criminal
- The Way You Make Me Feel
- Jackson 5 Medley (I Want You Back / The Love You Save / I'll Be There)
- Off the Wall Medley (Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough / Rock With You)
- I Just Can't Stop Loving You
- Shake Your Body
- Dangerous
- Dirty Diana
- Beat It
- Thriller
- Earth Song
- Heal the World
- Black or White
- You Are Not Alone
- Billie Jean
- Will You Be There
- Man in the Mirror

Noting that:
- Human Nature and Stranger in Moscow would be interchangeable;
- Shake Your Body would be an instrumental interlude;
- Dangerous and Dirty Diana would have new performances for the tour;
- An instrumental segment of Threatened would serve as a closer to Thriller;
- We Are the World would be sung by the background vocalists before Heal the World, much like the 1993 leg of the Dangerous Tour.

I love you rock my world and Invincible but with the album being called a flop (I don't think it was) and the battles with sony. It kinda felt like MJ wanted to forget about that era and had disregarded it completely.

The choreography for the song in the 30th anniversary show was a bit poor so if he did plan on performing it then new choreographer would have been added.

We will never get to find out šŸ„¹šŸ˜Ŗ

He sang some of "Speechless" in the movie.

I read that on some nights "You Rock My World" would replace "The Way You Make Me Feel"
Makes sense then.

Although as a fan who had never seen him live , would I have been disappointed that a classic like twymmf would have been replaced by you rock my world. Hmm difficult choice

Should have replaced "You Are Not Alone", "Stranger in Moscow" or "Will You Be There" with "You Rock My World" permanently.

Also "Rock with You" should have been given a whole performance, not just part of a medley.

I read that on some nights "You Rock My World" would replace "The Way You Make Me Feel"
It's not confirmed, so take it with a grain of salt.
Everything I said above has been confirmed.

Back