Do you think the This is it concerts were gonna be great ?

I really wish I could've just smoked cannabis with mj. Some real strong stuff to put him to sleep that would've never did what propoful

And yet it was the Propofol that did the trick. And not the shows. So really, what are we arguing here??? Why the hell are you so hellbent on "proving" that he wouldn't have been able to do the shows. It's pathetic. I maintain, that once he had gotten over that first show and felt the love of his audience that still stuck with him, he would have completed these shows and they would have been great.
You can maintain whatever you want to, but it is pretty obvious to almost everyone that Michael Jackson would not have been able to do all these shows especially with that tight schedule, given his state of health, his dependency on drugs and his exacerbated insomnia.

Members from his own family also knew that, and they expressed their worries and fears.

For example, his father Joseph Jackson who expressed his fears (in an interview) that Michael Jackson could not do all those shows back to back like that without enough rests between the shows.

Or, his mother Katherine Jackson who expressed similar fears to the American television personality David Gest (in the 'The Life Of An Icon' documentary).

Also, it was written at that time that most fans wanted to buy tickets for the first shows because they sensed cancellations of the later shows.

I do appreciate the TII movie as it's own entity though. Its a really candid look at MJ's creative process and performances such as Human Nature stand up to others. I would love to see more footage of the meetings and ideas for the show. There hasn't been many other projects where we go in depth on the actual creative process.

Last edited:
I would love much more footage like the footage of MJ and the band rehearsing for TWYMMF. MJ giving directions, telling which notes to play when etc. Very fascinating. - Like the small clip of MJ with his mouth showing how the bass should go in a song. Can't remember if it's WBSS or Don't stop till you get enough. (The song was not performed, but I do think there is a small clip of MJ telling how the background vocals and instrumentation should be.

More clips like that would be great. - MJ creating and guiding the band.

I would love much more footage like the footage of MJ and the band rehearsing for TWYMMF. MJ giving directions, telling which notes to play when etc. Very fascinating. - Like the small clip of MJ with his mouth showing how the bass should go in a song. Can't remember if it's WBSS or Don't stop till you get enough. (The song was not performed, but I do think there is a small clip of MJ telling how the background vocals and instrumentation should be.

More clips like that would be great. - MJ creating and guiding the band.
All of this is why I love TII so much, in spite of everything I have learned about it. Watching Michael at work is fabulous.

"That's why we rehearse." :)

Exactly. Actually it's all the mistakes I enjoy the most. - Blac or White where MJ starts singing 2nd verse and then says - "sorry, there is not second verse!" :ROFLMAO: And then they start again from the top.

All those mistakes so you get to see the progress, TWYMMF where the music starts to early. - "It has to start at my cue!" all of that shows how much MJ was in control and knew every little detail. Both with the dancers, the musicians, new all the notes and keys to the songs for both voices and instrumentation. He was in control of everything. Also what happend on the big screen behind him, the soldiers during TDCAU etc. etc.

I would love much more of those footage. - Like the newly leaked footage of MJ in the studio, giving directions to the boy in SiM, making the track-list etc. etc. to see how he worked, how he allowed others to come up with ideas, how he was in control and had the final say. EPIC !

Exactly. Actually it's all the mistakes I enjoy the most. - Blac or White where MJ starts singing 2nd verse and then says - "sorry, there is not second verse!" :ROFLMAO:
One of my top fave parts! LOVE that moment.

"Let's do it one more time."

All those mistakes so you get to see the progress, TWYMMF where the music starts to early. - "It has to start at my cue!"
Love it. Michael asserting himself. So gentle and polite and loving. And yet, also, Do Not Mess! Gentle but assertive. Only Michael.

all of that shows how much MJ was in control and knew every little detail.
Exactly. You really get to drill down into the detail with him. Or, at any rate, you watch him drilling down. Mesmerising to watch.

Both with the dancers, the musicians, new all the notes and keys to the songs for both voices and instrumentation. He was in control of everything. Also what happend on the big screen behind him, the soldiers during TDCAU etc. etc.
I just can't express how much I love all of this. I understand ALL of the objections, concerns, feelings of discomfort. And I understood it even more once I found out all the stuff that was going on, AEG emails etc etc. All of that. But the film itself is just so magical, imo.

It's strange, actually, bc it's like entering a fantasy world and yet so much of it is about logistics, details, correcting things, repeating things, fine-tuning things. I love that mix of the real world of artistic creation and the fantasy world we are being given a glimpse of.

I would love much more of those footage. - Like the newly leaked footage of MJ in the studio, giving directions to the boy in SiM, making the track-list etc. etc. to see how he worked, how he allowed others to come up with ideas, how he was in control and had the final say. EPIC !
I'm not pining to see more, tbh. I'm OK with what we have but I can understand the longing for more of this type of stuff. Watching Michael at work is just the most mesmerising, fascinating thing.

One of my top fave parts! LOVE that moment.

"Let's do it one more time."

Love it. Michael asserting himself. So gentle and polite and loving. And yet, also, Do Not Mess! Gentle but assertive. Only Michael.

Exactly. You really get to drill down into the detail with him. Or, at any rate, you watch him drilling down. Mesmerising to watch.

I just can't express how much I love all of this. I understand ALL of the objections, concerns, feelings of discomfort. And I understood it even more once I found out all the stuff that was going on, AEG emails etc etc. All of that. But the film itself is just so magical, imo.

It's strange, actually, bc it's like entering a fantasy world and yet so much of it is about logistics, details, correcting things, repeating things, fine-tuning things. I love that mix of the real world of artistic creation and the fantasy world we are being given a glimpse of.

I'm not pining to see more, tbh. I'm OK with what we have but I can understand the longing for more of this type of stuff. Watching Michael at work is just the most mesmerising, fascinating thing.
I think we will get more if you think they have over 100 hours of footage. If you take a look at alot of movie classics they have had like 2 to 3 anniversary productions

You can maintain whatever you want to, but it is pretty obvious to almost everyone that Michael Jackson would not have been able to do all these shows especially with that tight schedule, given his state of health, his dependency on drugs and his exacerbated insomnia.

Members from his own family also knew that, and they expressed their worries and fears.

For example, his father Joseph Jackson who expressed his fears (in an interview) that Michael Jackson could not do all those shows back to back like that without enough rests between the shows.

Or, his mother Katherine Jackson who expressed similar fears to the American television personality David Gest (in the 'The Life Of An Icon' documentary).

Also, it was written at that time that most fans wanted to buy tickets for the first shows because they sensed cancellations of the later shows.
Except. It's not so obvious. Also the schedule wasn't that thight. 27 shows in 3 months is not tight. I don't put too much stock in family members he kept at arms length. And really, just because they are worried, don't mean they are right. Also I was around in the day and I know of no one who bought tix for the first night, because they expected their won't be further dates. And really, who writes such shit?? Some of you people are worse than the fucking tabloid press back then.

I do appreciate the TII movie as it's own entity though. Its a really candid look at MJ's creative process and performances such as Human Nature stand up to others. I would love to see more footage of the meetings and ideas for the show. There hasn't been many other projects where we go in depth on the actual creative process.
Exactly. And that's all I really need to see and know. I don't care what anyone else says.

I think he could have performed at the level of say MJ and Friends 1999, he was leaner in 2009 than he was in 2001-03 and I think that would have helped with his dancing.

I think 50 shows was always going to be a stretch, if I'm honest with myself, I thought that at the time. I had tickets for January 2010 and when the first week of July shows got pushed back, I doubted he make it to January and the shows would have probably been cancelled.

Eerily enough, I remember saying to my sister in May 2009 when the shows got pushed back, if he does the first 10 nights and can't do anymore maybe they could edit them together and put the film into Cinemas worldwide.
My heart sunk when she reminded of that conversation right before seeing This Is It in cinema's.

Back