Donald Trump and Michael Jackson: The full story behind a mysterious relationship

I highly doubt they were friends.. Just because Michael wanted a nice place to stay while in NYC and Trump used his power to meet Michael, that does not make them friends. Michael has entertained several people while getting something from them in return.. Michael was overly cordial to people that he felt he was getting something from. (probably guilt)

I highly doubt they were friends.. Just because Michael wanted a nice place to stay while in NYC and Trump used his power to meet Michael, that does not make them friends. Michael has entertained several people while getting something from them in return.. Michael was overly cordial to people that he felt he was getting something from. (probably guilt)

Even though Michael experienced the downside of money and how it puts out the worst in people, he seemed very much to care about his image of being rich. He said himself at one point that the worst thing that could happen would be if people thought he was broke.

Back then Trump was just this big money icon. Just like for the other celebs its always nice to be around and seen with the rich and powerful people. Hence Michael also liked to be around presidents etc.

So, no, i don't think they were friends at all.

Last edited:
Back then Trump was just this big money icon. That's what made him sexy to be seen with for Michael and other celebs. (Who said himself that the worst thing that could happen is that people would think he is broke.)
I think it's that simple. Same reason why Michael liked to be around Presidents etc.
Wat8.jpg
:lol:

Honestly though if MJ was friends with Donald It wouldn't matter to me because Michael would have been friends with him before he openly showed his true colors.
Not only that, but he stuck up for Michael when it came to the allegations too.

ChrisC;4182375 said:
Trump makes so much sense, and seems genuine and honourable at times.

But then there's clearly this other side of him.

That’s because he couldn’t care less about politcorrectness. I wish media wouldn’t have so much power over people’s opinions.

I don’t know if they were close friends or not but Trump supported Michael publicly in the most difficult times! My guess is that it should mean something.

I'd love to be able to through the word 'friend' around when it comes to Michael!

I think a lot of Michael's friendships were for PR and the like tbh. There was even some tea spilled on a few sites that stated that. One of those sites was Lipstick Alley. I know that site has its issues, but back in the day the tea was legit and I tend to believe it. I mean really think about it. For one, why would Mike be paling around with old film stars?

I think Mike was trying to make points or get something out of some of his "friendships". I understand that considering the industry he was in. Connections can be important, especially when trying to get into the film industry.

As for Trump, that looked to me like he was trying to get business tips from him. Maybe some connections too. As for a deep meaningful friendship, nah.

Trump also has a very sketchy past. He was sued for discriminating against black people and not letting them buy apartments in one of his buildings in NYC. He also campaigned against the Central Park 5,a group of black boys pressured into confessing to raping a white woman in Central Park. Years later they were found innocent, released from prison and a few years back won a multi million dollar suit against the state of NY.

I highly doubt Mike was truly close friends with a man who supported that. Trump is known to exaggerate the truth.

Last edited:
OffTheWall22;4182054 said:
Let's all not forget that Michael called Trump out in Money. I don't believe Mike counted Trump as a close friend. That one line shows that Mike saw through Trumps facade.

Electro;4182055 said:
Those background vocals are barely audible and are not included in the song lyrics transcripts i think. So barely a call out :D

SmoothMJ;4182069 said:
If MJ mentions a list of names after singing about 'making money with dignity', aren't those list of names people who did just that?

Annita;4182070 said:
Yes I understand it also this way.

As for the 6 names on the song ‘Money’, MJ brings them up as real examples & personifications of greed because these 6 tycoons were definitely “infected with the same disease of greed”.

MJ mentions these names right after that particular line (“earn it with dignity”) so as to emphasize his message more effectively. Notice also the way MJ mumbles their names, which undoubtedly shows his disapproval towards their merciless business tactics.

But also the fact that MJ mentions these 6 names under the chorus (“anything, anything, anything for money, would lie for you, would die for you, even sell my soul to the devil”) leaves no room for any other, different interpretations.

mj_frenzy;4182508 said:
As for the 6 names on the song ‘Money’, MJ brings them up as real examples & personifications of greed because these 6 tycoons were definitely “infected with the same disease of greed”.

MJ mentions these names right after that particular line (“earn it with dignity”) so as to emphasize his message more effectively. Notice also the way MJ mumbles their names, which undoubtedly shows his disapproval towards their merciless business tactics.

But also the fact that MJ mentions these 6 names under the chorus (“anything, anything, anything for money, would lie for you, would die for you, even sell my soul to the devil”) leaves no room for any other, different interpretations.

Don't agree.

Live with it.

Back