Don't Walk Away appreciation thread

I loved it from the start. I like slow songs. they are very soothing and make me feel clam...especially DWA

I think Babyface wrote good songs for Michael. On the Line is top tier, Dont Walk Away is a tier below, but still solid. Slave to the Rhythm is the weakest, but let's say L.A. Reid was the reason why. Am I forgetting anything else?

I think Babyface wrote good songs for Michael. On the Line is top tier, Dont Walk Away is a tier below, but still solid. Slave to the Rhythm is the weakest, but let's say L.A. Reid was the reason why. Am I forgetting anything else?
Why?

And You are My Life.

Why?

And You are My Life.
Speaking of you are my life, what do you think of it? I know many fans are not so keen but I think its a beautiful song.

The 2nd verse especially because I associate those words with his children and how they made him feel.

Speaking of you are my life, what do you think of it? I know many fans are not so keen but I think its a beautiful song.

The 2nd verse especially because I associate those words with his children and how they made him feel.
Beautiful song!

This song is beautiful. Like She's Out of My Life Part 2. Instead of mourning the girls loss, it's mourning the end of love and having to make the call to end it. Instead of losing her love, you must simply "walk away".

It's a pretty complicated emotional story actually.

Could you elaborate on what you mean when you say ā€œthe second partā€? Do you mean when the backing vocals (i.e., ā€œIf you go, I wonā€™t forget you, girl ā†µ Canā€™t you see that you will always be? ā†µ Even though I had to let you goā€) enter?
šŸ¤”:ROFLMAO: shut up zip it n enjoy the mystery you!
Always liked it. i don't know if i answered this ..

I liked those few songs on the Invincible album where the sound was more stripped down instead of overproduced, it is refreshing
It appears that they did that in order to counterbalance the aggressive, heavy, and overproduced sound of the up-tempo songs on the 'Invincible' album.
Just filler, honestly. The country-ish production is corny and the lyrics are weak. "Fall Again" should have been completed and put on the album in this song's place.
But 'Fall Again' has weak lyrics, too.
Beautiful song!
It is strange though that Michael Jackson sounds slightly sad while singing his lines of 'You Are My Life' (which is thematically an optimistic and happy song).
No no no. Fall Again and This Is It are sadder
Regarding sad songs, 'Be Not Always' (1984) is his saddest song from his entire career.

This song is beautiful. Like She's Out of My Life Part 2. Instead of mourning the girls loss, it's mourning the end of love and having to make the call to end it. Instead of losing her love, you must simply "walk away".

It's a pretty complicated emotional story actually.
I'd consider "much too soon" as a direct sequel of sooml.

In the grand scheme of things, sure. Except it wasn't released in Michaels life for one. But sure, it was the original sequel.
What matters is if it was recorded during Michaelā€™s life.

What matters is if it was recorded during Michaelā€™s life.
Maybe, sure. But by that logic there could easily be a She's Out of My Life sequel earlier than that, or even a Prequel we don't know about. I'm only talking about what made the records.

Maybe, sure. But by that logic there could easily be a She's Out of My Life sequel earlier than that, or even a Prequel we don't know about. I'm only talking about what made the records.
It has to be known, thatā€™s a given.

Back