Euro Dance

analogue

Proud Member
I've always had a soft spot for this type of music (Especially euro dance from the 90's). I love the fun, and feel good positive vibes it brings. And people laugh at me when I say this, but I honestly think that euro dance as some really great melodies.

Tell me about it, living in Europe in the 90s there was no escaping Euro Dance. :lol:

Personally I can enjoy the more "hip house" tracks like Snap's 'The Power', C+C Music Factory's 'Gonna Me You Sweat' and Technotronic's 'Pump Up The Jam' from the late 80s/early 90s, you know, tracks based around a funky groove. The more 'melodic' tracks with the more straightforward rhythms, that became particularly prominent in the mid to late 90s, are not my thing.

Eurodance has never been my type of music tbh, but like SoCav said, growing up in Europe in the 90's there was no escaping it! It brings back childhood memories lol, I remember I did love Pump up the Jam!:lol: That and 2 Unlimited's 'No Limit' and 2 brothers on the 4th floor's 'Dreams' & 'Never Alone', me and my brother thought they were such cool songs back then..:D

I did not like it back then, but like Lil said, growing up in Europe in the 90s - so it brings back memories now. I can actually hear some of it in Lady Gaga's music, which may not be a coincidence since she has (had) a Swedish producer.

Who can forget these? LOL.

This one always intrigued me: who are the justified and ancient? LOL.

OK, for the WTH effect. LOL. (This one may be only remembered by the older ones of you. It's from 1988.)

OK, for the WTH effect. LOL. (This one may be only remembered by the older ones of you. It's from 1988.)

Whahah omg, I so remember this song but this is the first time ever seeing the video and it has me rollin'!! :rofl:

I've always had a soft spot for this type of music (Especially euro dance from the 90's). I love the fun, and feel good positive vibes it brings. And people laugh at me when I say this, but I honestly think that euro dance as some really great melodies.

For me, Euro-dance is a hybrid type of music but this does not mean that it lacks in some kind of authenticity.

Many people describe this type of music as funny. Personally, I think that Euro-dance offers something deeper than just superficial sound. In my opinion, Euro-dance makes extensive use of these characteristic, uplifting beats & refreshing vocals (even in lyrically sad songs) in order to make light of these (emotionally) unhappy situations & thus make people look always on the bright side. For example, they should go out, meet new people &, if necessary, start from scratch (instead of being heavyhearted).

Needless to say that Euro-dance is by far superior to these remixes that, for the most part, ruin an original song.

Euro-dance was pretty prevalent in Southern Europe (Greece, Italy, Spain, etc.) & for a very long period dominated not only the charts but also almost every aspect of amusement (beach bars, etc.).

Also, I do not seek approval from other people, especially when it comes to music. If people laugh upon hearing it, then it is their problem, not mine.

Finally, I agree that Euro-dance has brought out some great, memorable melodies & I dare say this type of music, due to its ability to transform, will never become extinct.

People laugh at euro dance and called it ''lame'' and ''cheesy'' but it always fills a dance floor. I have to laugh at the people who think their ''too cool'' for this type of music.

^I don't get people who think they are 'too cool' for any type of music. Like mj_frenzy said, it should be about whether you enjoy it, not what other people think of it.

Then there were the Euro boy bands (I'd count them in Euro dance as well in a wider sense).

And while we are at Take That, another WTH moment. I laughed so hard when I first saw this on YT (I don't remember this from back then, I think they did this before they got real famous.)

Back