Ever Wonder What Michael Jackson Admired: Full Lists of People, Places & Things

Re: MJJC Legacy Team Project: Learning Lessons from Michael Jackson - Fact File

44872_435232456543396_1196018550_n.jpg

:heart:​

Nurse Lee said this in an interview

he even mentioned to the children, you know, love
and hugs are free. That's something you don't have to pay for.
You guys always remember
that. But he was telling the children, Look at her. She is so grateful about having this gift. And
he said, More people need to be grateful.

TWO GRAND DANCERS
Michael Jackson and Mikhail Baryshnikov

gallery_8_395_13048.jpg

Last edited:

"I used to think that I was unique in feeling that I was without a childhood. I believed that indeed there were only a handful with whom I could share those feelings. When I recently met with Shirley Temple Black, the great child star of the 1930s and 40s, we said nothing to each other at first, we simply cried together, for she could share a pain with me that only others like my close friends Elizabeth Taylor and McCauley Culkin know.
'' ~ Michael Jackson

NYP95120703_1.jpg

Michael had a collection of Shirley Temple photos at Neverland , and would have posters of Shirley Temple put up in his hotel rooms whilst on tour. Photo is One of four 16x20 Shirley Temple posters being brought in by Michael's personal staff to decorate his hospital suite at Beth Isreal Medical Center North Dec 7, 1995. Michael collapsed with low blood pressure Dec 6 during rehearsals for a stage production. http://www.upi.com/topic/Shirley_Temple/

Source: Uk Loves MJ/FB https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...21185843.20499.116222408446161&type=1&theater

ETA
I love Shirley Temple, She was still so beautiful with her sweet dimples and same twinkle in her eyes

12TH ANNUAL SCREEN ACTOR GUILD AWARDS -JAN 2006

~Michael had a collection of Shirley Temple photos at Neverland , and would have posters of Shirley Temple put up in his hotel rooms whilst on tour.

P1100428.JPG

finch6-29-09-3.jpg

1240011798-dscn2874.jpg

f0134963_8315686.jpg

nasdaq_mjhide1.jpg

mv4zk5.jpg

”This is a present from Shirley Temple. I love her so much.”
- Michael Jackson

Last edited:
michaeljacksonbadpb.jpg

10 Facts You Probably Didn’t Know About Michael Jackson.
Aug 29, 2014 By D.L. Chandler..​

Beloved singer, entertainer, and songwriter Michael Jackson and his unfortunate passing in June of 2009 shocked the globe, with fans across various nations still mourning the loss of the “King Of Pop.” With his brand still strong and his legacy largely intact, Jackson was as enigmatic as he was talented.

While today (August 29) would have marked his 54th birthday, NewsOne fondly remembers Michael Jackson as a peerless superstar that has influenced some of music’s biggest current stars. Below, we list 10 facts that casual fans may not have known about the notoriously private Michael Jackson.

1. Michael Jackson Is The Highest-Earning Deceased Artist.
Besting the vaunted Rock and Roll artist Elvis Presley and former Beatles member singer-songwriter John Lennon, Michael Jackson has been recognized by the Guinness Book Of World Records in a new category for Highest-Earning Deceased Artist, gaining the top honor. In the first year after his passing in 2009, Jackson’s estate raked in a reported $1 billion.

2. Michael Jackson Was A Shrewd Businessman:While many viewed Jackson as a boyish and playful figure, Michael Jackson birthday underneath that exterior was the mind of a man who made investments that continue to pay off to this day. In 1985, he wisely purchased the rights to 250 Beatles backlogged songs penned by Lennon and Paul McCartney for $47 million. In 1995, Jackson sold a portion of the catalog to Sony for $95 million, resulting in the powerful joint venture music publishing company Sony/ATV, with annual revenues hovering around $1 billion. This doesn’t include his many endorsement deals, licensing, and other streams of revenue Jackson has generated from his name.

3. Michael Jackson Owns The Distinction Of Having The Biggest Recording Contract Ever:Nine months after his passing, the estate of Michael Jackson signed a deal with Sony Records that gives the company access to a vast vault of unreleased recordings for a whopping $250 million. Ten albums are expected to be released by 2017, including the recent soundtrack to the tour documentary “This Is It.”

579666424.jpg

4. Hackers Broke In To Online Servers And Got Access To 50,000 Michael Jackson Tracks: Michael Jackson’s music was a victim of an online hacker attack, with the thieves downloading 50,000 songs not intended for the public. Sony quickly plugged the hole in their security and vowed to move ahead with the release of new music.

5. DJs And Clubs Nationwide Have Sparked Off Annual Parties In Michael Jackson’s Name: From Washington, D.C.; Los Angeles; New York City; and all points in between, big name DJs have crafted themed parties in honor of Michael Jackson. Celebrated producer and hip-hop artist DJ Spinna has also taken his well-attended (and friendly) “MJ vs. Prince” dance parties all across the nation.

6. “Billie Jean” Was First Video From A Black Artist To Air On MTV:“Billie Jean” was the second single from Michael Jackson’s sixth solo album, “Thriller.” Produced by Jackson and the legendary Quincy Jones, the track got the video treatment and sparked off a revolution of sorts. Fans nationwide would seek to imitate Jackson’s hairstyle and dance moves and the clip is considered largely responsible for putting MTV in to the mainstream conversation.

Watch “Billie Jean” here:
[youtube]Zi_XLOBDo_Y[/youtube]

7. Thriller Wasn’t The Only Hit Album In Jackson’s Catalog:Five of Michael Jackson’s solo studio albums count among the highest-selling records of all time. Thriller’s predecessor, “Off The Wall,” which was released in 1979, has sold a worldwide 20 million, which pales considerably next to “Thriller,” sitting at 110 million sold. The albums “Bad,” “Dangerous,” and “HIStory” have also sold well into millions as well.

8. Michael Jackson Is The Most-Awarded Artist Of All Time:With 23 Guinness World Records, 40 Billboard Awards, 13 Grammys, and 26 American Music Awards, Michael Jackson has won more awards than any other musical artist. Jackson has also received congressional honors for his humanitarian outreach efforts.

Watch Jackson’s “We Are the World” video here:
[youtube]M9BNoNFKCBI[/youtube]

9. Michael Jackson Inspired Artists Outside Of His Genre:Usher, Justin Timberlake, Chris Brown, and Justin Bieber owe a great credit to Michael Jackson and have all called him an influence. But even rockers, such as Adam Lambert, Green Day, and female superstars like Beyoncé and Madonna, have all said they’ve looked up to Jackson. Even the brash Diddy called Jackson a “hero” of his.

Watch Usher and Jackson perform here:
[youtube]sq0H5jcHOvE[/youtube]​

10. Michael Jackson’s Death Shifted MTV’s Programming In Tribute:In the hours after his death, media giant MTV – which had largely moved from its original music video-only programming – went back to its roots and aired hours upon hours of Michael Jackson videos and footage. The in-house news team even took time away from talking usual celeb fare and focused solely on the career of Jackson. Few other stars have commanded such a response.

(Source: )
http://newsone.com/2033063/michael-jackson-birthday-2

Last edited:

Source: Information & facts gathered for this fact file taken from this video recording.

Michael Jackson interview with Brett Ratner - The Shooters Series

Last edited:

Michael Jackson & Fred Astaire
tumblr_ms41zc5byb1rn427xo1_r1_500.png

Michael Jackson Legendary Iconic Human :heart:

Michael Jackson loved Walt Disney [Disney World - Disney Land]

Michael Jackson at Disneyland

Thursday, July 02, 2009
Michael Jackson “Extremely Well-Read,” Had 10,000 Books

The King of Pop a dweeby book lovin’ geek?

Apparently so, and hooray. He was an avid reader who had an appropriately majestic library at Neverland that held 10,000 volumes on its shelves, according to two recent Los Angeles newspaper articles.

In the midst of a lengthy interview in the L.A. Weekly, Jackson attorney Bob Sanger revealed the following as his last of three golden attributes that defined the Gloved One.

“Michael was extremely well-read…I knew Michael, but I got to know him a lot better at the trial. The judge was doing jury selection, and it was time for break. Judge Melville said, 'Ladies and gentlemen, I want you to know that jury service is very, Tvery important.' He's trying to convince people not to have stupid excuses to get out of jury service. All judges do this. He says, 'The jury system is a very time-honored system. It's been around for 200 years. We're going to take a break and come back in 15 minutes.’

“We stand up and the judge leaves, and Michael turns to me and says, ‘Bob, the jury system is much older than 200 years, isn't it?’ I said, 'Well, yeah, it goes back to the Greeks.' He says, 'Oh yeah, Socrates had a jury trial, didn't he?' I said, 'Yeah, well, you know how it turned out for him.' Michael says, 'Yeah, he had to drink the hemlock.' That's just one little tidbit. We talked about psychology, Freud and Jung, Hawthorne, sociology, black history and sociology dealing with race issues. But he was very well read in the classics of psychology and history and literature.

“He loved to read. He had over 10,000 books at his house. And I know that because - and I hate to keep referring to the case, because I don't want the case - the case should not define him. But one of the things that we learned - the DA went through his entire library and found, for instance, a German art book from 1930-something. And it turned out that the guy who was the artist behind the book had been prosecuted by the Nazis. Nobody knew that, but then the cops get up there and say, 'We found this book with pictures of nude people in it.' But it was art, with a lot of text. It was art. And they found some other things, a briefcase that didn't belong to him that had some Playboys in it or something. But they went through the guy's entire house, 10,000 books. And it caused us to do the same thing, and look at it.”

“And there were places that he liked to sit, and you could see the books with his bookmarks in it, with notes and everything in it where he liked to sit and read. And I can tell you from talking to him that he had a very - especially for someone who was self-taught, as it were, and had his own reading list - he was very well-read. And I don't want to say that I'm well-read, but I've certainly read a lot, let's put it that way, and I enjoy philosophy and history and everything myself, and it was very nice to talk to him, because he was very intellectual, and he liked to talk about those things. But he didn't flaunt it, and it was very seldom that he would initiate the conversation like that, but if you got into a conversation like that with him, he was there.”

I’ll Be There
As reported in the L.A. Times. Doug Dutton, proprietor of the legendary and now, alas, defunct, Dutton's Books in Brentwood, was at a dinner with people from Book Soup, Skylight and other L.A. bookstores.

"Someone mentioned that Michael Jackson had been in their store," Dutton recalled. “Everybody said he'd shopped in their store too."

Doug first met Jackson in the early 1980s when the icon came in his shop wearing "very large sunglasses" and a suit of bodyguards. MJ was solitary and quiet. "There was no display of 'I'm Michael Jackson,'” he recalled. "I don't remember him actually saying anything." Jackson bought four-five books during visits.

Doug’s brother, Dave, remembers getting a call in the late '80s - early '90s from an MJ minion, who requested that the shop be closed early so Jackson could privately shop. "We did close early," Dave said. Then, "about a quarter to nine he showed up in a big van. Once you got over the initial caution because of those burly guys with him, he was very nice. He loved the poetry section," Dave’s son Dirk asserts that Ralph Waldo Emerson was Jackson's favorite author. "I think you would find a great deal of the transcendental, all-accepting philosophy in his lyrics."

I would have bet the farm that, considering his obsession, Michael Jackson would have been a compulsive collector of all things Peter Pan, the collecting completist’s completist, acquiring every single edition of the book, every scrap of paper associated with it, and everything from the story’s subsequent incarnations.

"He was a longtime and valued customer," a spokesperson for Hennessey + Ingalls, the renowned art and architecture bookstore in Santa Monica, said in the L.A. Times piece.

It turns out that Michael Jackson was a sort of Johnny Appleseed of reading, spreading books to all children. Former Los Angeles resident Cynde Moya remembers that "back when I worked at the Bookstar in Culver City, his people would have us keep the store open after hours, and he'd come in with a vanload of kids, who could buy whatever books they wanted."

As MJ’s life got stranger over time, so did his book buying habits. He would wear a surgical mask during his book shop visits, and in a video of him from New Year's Eve 2008, he’s at Hennessey + Ingalls browsing for books, a black umbrella, held by an assistant, shielding him from the unflattering glare of florescent lighting.

Or, maybe to prevent his love for books from being exposed.

This is a problem that will never threaten the unread, book-hating and proud singing star Kanye West. It is a fact that intellect and pop entertainment values do not mix well in American culture: A pop star could never mysteriously disappear for a few days, drive family, friends, and the nation crazy with anxiety, then resurface with the rambling confession that he was incognito in Buenos Aires visiting the sultry, irresistible National Library of Argentina, full of hot-blooded Latin-American tomes, because he needed a change of scenery.

Completely unbelievable. There must have been something else, something seamy, going on, perhaps with La Biblioteca Nacional de la Republica Argentina’s head of special collections, right? I mean, really, is nothing sacred?

And This is a quote from 'Nurse Lee' of how Michael is very smart..
"...And Michael is very smart, very smart man, very articulate, as you know. But very smart, and very well read. So he knew."

Michael Jackson, the bookworm
REMEMBERING MICHAEL JACKSON
Owners of local bookstores, including Dutton's, recall encountering the late pop star perusing their shelves.
When news broke in early 2009 of Michael Jackson's return to Los Angeles, it was not via reports of him being spotted dining at the Ivy or dancing at the hottest new Hollywood club but book-shopping in Santa Monica.

"He was a longtime and valued customer," a store representative of art and architecture bookstore Hennessey + Ingalls said Thursday. "We'll miss him."

If Jackson's bookstore appearance surprised his pop fans, it was nothing new for booksellers. A few years ago, Doug Dutton, proprietor of then-popular Dutton's Books in Brentwood, was at a dinner with people from Book Soup, Skylight and other area bookstores.

"Someone mentioned that Michael Jackson had been in their store," Dutton said by phone Thursday, "And everybody said he'd shopped in their store too."

It was the early 1980s when Dutton first saw Jackson, who came in wearing "very large sunglasses." He had bodyguards with him, but he was solitary and quiet. "There was no display of 'I'm Michael Jackson,' " Dutton recalled. "I don't remember him actually saying anything." Each time he shopped at Dutton's store, he'd buy four or five books.

Brother Dave Dutton got a call in the late '80s or early '90s from an assistant, who asked if he'd close his store early so Jackson could shop there alone. "We did close early," he recalled by phone as his wife Judy and son Dirk discussed Jackson's visits. "About a quarter to 9 he showed up in a big van," Dave Dutton said. "Once you got over the initial caution because of those burly guys with him, he was very nice."

In later years, Jackson would wear a surgical mask during his visits. In an X17 online video of him on New Year's Eve 2008, in what appears to be Hennessey + Ingalls, he browses for books under a black umbrella, often held by an assistant.

"He loved the poetry section," Dave Dutton said as Dirk chimed in that Ralph Waldo Emerson was Jackson's favorite. "I think you would find a great deal of the transcendental, all-accepting philosophy in his lyrics."

Largely an autodidact, Jackson was quite well read, according to Jackson's longtime lawyer. "We talked about psychology, Freud and Jung, Hawthorne, sociology, black history and sociology dealing with race issues," Bob Sanger told the LA Weekly after the singer's death. "But he was very well read in the classics of psychology and history and literature . . . Freud and Jung -- go down the street and try and find five people who can talk about Freud and Jung."

Hours after his death, Jackson's 1988 autobiography, "Moonwalk," despite being out of print, entered the Amazon bestseller list for biography and memoir at No. 25.

"I've always wondered if there was a library in Neverland," Doug Dutton mused. Indeed there was -- Sanger told LA Weekly that Jackson's collection totaled 10,000 books.

And while the seven-bedroom Holmby Hills home that he leased this year had a sunny pool and other luxuries the sunlight-wary Jackson might not have taken advantage of, it also featured something he very well might have: a wood-paneled library.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/GgW6oKWqvbo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:
FACT

Michael Jackson was a crowned King in the Ivory
Coast, In 1992, during one of his epic tours of the African continent. Around
the time of his releasing the Dangerous album, Michael traveled to
Gabon, which ironically also lost a political leader in Omar Bongo
recently, and proceeded to the Ivory Coast.

Here in the land
that he personally described as the "land of his ancestors", Michael Jackson consented to being crowned King Sani in a ceremony conducted
under a sacred tree in the gold-mining village of Krindjabo, heart of
the Agni tribe near the capital Abidjan.

The coronation took
place superintended by traditional chief Amon N&#8217;Djaolk, who placed a
golden crown on the head of the tribe&#8217;s new monarch and declared that
Jackson was now King of Sani, king of this proud West African
tribespeople.

In fact, "King Michael" loved the honour so much
that he kept a very close relationship with the tribe for the whole 18
years that he reigned over the tribe as their monarch, capping his
celebrated life as a unique and unpredictable eccentric personality who
was anything but fully understood, least of all predictable.

His
well-recited and shy response after the coronation is well documented.
Overcome by emotions, Michael said "merci beaucoup" to his
French-speaking subjects, repeating the same in English with the
trademark soft "thank you very much".

He then joined elders of
the king&#8217;s court, signed official documents and sat on a throne of gold
as women dancers, clad in white gowns, gave a dazzling performance of
ritual dances.

These elderly women are the guardians of the
village, and their ceremonial dances gave their blessings to the
crowning of "King Sani" and asked God for protection at a tree that
symbolised the essence of power.

The musical messenger, who
journeyed to West and East African nations as an
ambassador of peace, love and goodwill, achieved a success that
exceeded his expectation.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/zE4g2Ij0M-U" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Michael Jackson: crowned in Africa, pop music king tells real story of controversial trip
Ebony, May, 1992 by Robert E. Johnson

WHEN he was out front as the 14year-old lead vocalist of the Jackson Five singing group, Michael Jackson visited Africa for the first time.

"When we came off the plane in [Daka, Senegal] Africa," he recalls, "we were greeted by a long line of African dancers. Their drums and sounds filled the air with rhythm. I was going crazy, I was screaming, "All right! They got the rhythm... This is it. This is where I come from. The origin."'

Nineteen years later, when Michael, now 33, came off the plane in Gabon, a West African neighbor nation of Senegal, he was greeted by an excited, screaming crowd of grade-school students who carried a banner that proclaimed: "Welcome Home Michael."

Drum sounds again filled the air with rhythm that flowed from fans who gathered at the airport and lined the streets in anticipation of seeing the "king of pop, rock and soul," who would later be crowned "King Sani" in a West African village.

Despite or perhaps because of this acclaim, the pop idol almost immediately became the center of an international controversy based on a negative media campaign. The media bashing included these big lies:

The trip was a "public relations disaster for Michael." Truth: It was a triumph in which he drew more spectators in Gabon than Nelson Mandela and more in the Ivory Coast than the Pope, according to African spokespersons.

* "The singer cut short an African tour after a stopover generated the wrong kind of excitement." Truth: The sponsors wanted him to extend his tour to meet the demand for his appearances everywhere.

* He held his hand to his nose because the African nations smelled. Truth: He sometimes touched his nose, an old nervous habit which earned him the nickname "Smelly," given originally by Quincy Jones because Michael was touching his nose in Los Angeles.

* He collapsed from the heat and he went to London for a medical appointment. Truth: He was never bothered by the heat. His personal physician, Dr. R. Chalmers, accompanied Jackson on the trip. Jackson didn't go to London for a medical appointment.

* He refused to shake hands with Africans. Truth: He shook the hands of hundreds of people, hugged and kissed children in hospitals and institutions for the mentally retarded.

* He is "neither Black nor White" and is not a good role model for children. Truth: After Michael read a prayer in the Basilica of Our Lady of Peace in the Ivory Coast, a 9-year-old boy exclaimed "Michael is love, love, love! I want to be like him."

Because he is well known for his humanity and philanthrophy, tour organizer Charles Bobbit reflected on the Affrican tour and said: "I was impressed with the interaction between Michael and the children. He sat on the bed with children who were deformed and children that were ill... He sat there and talked to them, hugged, cuddled them. He shook hands and did not wear a surgical mask like he does sometimes in America... That qualifies him as a role model for children--his deeds and not his looks."

While the international controversy raged, Michael remained aloof, refusing to read the stories and saying that he preferred to let his deeds and his songs speak for him. Strangely and significantly, he had anticipated these and other criticisms in the song, "Why You Wanna Trip On Me," in the Dangerous album. The song says, in part:

They say I'm different/They don't understand/But there's a bigger problem] Thats much more in demand/You got world hunger/Not enough to eat/So there's really no time/To be trippin' on

It was clear from the beginning that the African people agreed with Michael. And from the time of his arrival, the natWe of Gary, Ind., was welcomed like a ruling dignitary and a long-lost son.

He had come to the land of his ancestors to participate in a historic ceremony conducted beneath a sacred tree in the gold-mining village of Krindjabo, populated by the Agni tribe and located near Abidjan, Ivory Coast. As the village people stood in admiration, Amon N' Djaolk, the traditional tribal chief of Krindjabo, placed a crown of gold upon the head of the musical monarch and pronounced him "king of Sani..

Almost overcome by emotions, the shy, sensitive son of Joseph and Katherine Jackson smiled and said, "Merci beaucoup," to the French-speaking people and repeated in English, 'Thank you very much."

He then joined elders of the king's court, signed official documents and sat on a throne of gold as women dancers, clad in white gowns, gave a dazzling performance of ritual dances. These elderly women are the guardians of the village, and their ceremonial dances gave their blessings to the crowning of"King Sani" and asked God for protection at a tree that symbolized the essence of power.

The musical messenger, who journeyed to West and East African nations as a self-proclaimed ambassador of peace, love and goodwill, achieved a success that exceeded his expectation.

From his sunset arrival in Gabon, where more than 100,000 people greeted him with spiritual bedlam, to his stop in Cairo, Egypt, to which he had paid homage on his newest album, Dangerous, with the best-selling single and music video Remember The Time, Michael was caught up in a hurricane of happy happenings.

In French-speaking, oil- and mineralrich Gabon, he received the West African nations Medal of Honor from President Omar Bongo, who was the official host of the performer's "Come Back To Eden" tour.

President Bongo told Jackson that he was the first entertainer to ever receive the medal, which until then has been given only to heads of states and highranking diplomats and dignitaries--including Nelson Mandela.

As host of the tour, President Bongo appointed his daughter, Pasoaline Bongo, the nation's foreign Minister, and his son, Ali Bongo, to coordinate the tour along with Charles Bobbit, a consultant to the president, who initiated the idea for Jacksons visit.

Jackson agreed to go on the non-performing tour with the stipulation that his priority was his "desire to visit orphanages, children's hospitals, churches, schools and playgrounds."

During his visits to Gabon, the Ivory Coast, Tanzania and Egypt, he encountered "Michael mania" everywhere. His image was on posters, T-shirts, billboards, a postage stamp (in Tanzania), and street banners. His music was played on the radio, piped into hotels-- Okume Palace in Libreville, Gabon; Hotel Ivoire in Abidjan, Ivory Coast; and the Kilimanjaro Hotel in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.

Energetic and intensely interested in his fans, he logged 30,000 miles in 11 days; passed through 11 time zones, slept in five time zones and landed on four continents--South America, Africa, Europe and North America. His 26-porson entourage traveled in a Boeing 707 Executive plane with stateroom, private bath, open bar, lounges, dining areas, video and audio equipment, telephones and fax machines.

And when it was over, the entertainer, contrary to false rumors, had given a new Michael Jackson twist to person-toperson diplomacy and had touched the lives of hundreds of thousands of proud Africans.

MICHAEL SPEAKS

EBONY/JET: Do you have any special feeling about this return to the continent of Africa?

JACKSON: For me, its like the "dawn of civilization." Its the first place where society existed. It's seen a lot of love. I guess there's that connection because it is the root of all rhythm. Everything. Its home.

EBONY/JET: You visited Africa in 1974. Can you compare and contrast the two visits?

JACKSON: I'm more aware of things this time: the people and how they live and their government. But for me, I'm more aware of the rhythms and the music and the people. Thats what I'm really noticing more than any thing. The rhythms are incredible. You can tell especially the way the children move. Even the little babies, when they hear the drums, they start to move. The rhythm, the way it affects their soul and they start to move. The same thing that Blacks have in America...

EBONY/JET: How does it feel to be a real king?

JACKSON: I never try to think hard about it because I don't want it to go to my head. But, its a great honor ....

EBONY/JET: Speaking of music and rhythm, how did you put together the gospel songs on your last album?

JACKSON: I wrote "Will You Be There?" at my house, "Never Land" in California....I didn't think about it hard. Thats why its hard to take credit for the songs that I write, because I just always feel that it's done from above. I feel fortunate for being that instrument through which music flows. I'm just the source through which it comes. I can't take credit for it because it's Gods work. He's just using me as the messenger....

EBONY/JET: What was the concept for the Dangerous album?

JACKSON: I wanted to do an album that was like Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite. So that in a thousand years from now, people would still be listening to it. Something that would live forever. I would like to see children and teenagers and parents and all races all over the world, hundreds and hundreds of years from now, still pulling out songs from that album and dissecting it. I want it to live.

EBONY/JET: I notice on this trip that you made a special effort to visit children.

JACKSON: I love children, as you can see. And babies.

EBONY/JET: And animals.

JACKSON: Well, there's a certain sense that animals and children have that gives me a certain creative juice, a certain force that later on in adulthoed is kind of lost because of the conditioning that happens in the world. A great poet said once. "When I see children, I see that God has not yet given up on man." An Indian poet from India said that, and his name is Tagore. The innocence of children represents to me the source of infinite creativity. That is the potential of every human being. But by the time you are an adult, you're conditioned; you're so conditioned by the things about you--and it goes. Love. Children are loving, they don't gossip, they don't complain, they're just open-hearted. They're ready for you. They don't judge. They don't see things by way of color. They're very child-like. Thats the problem with adults: they lose that child-like quality. And thats the level of inspiration that's so needed and is so important for creating and writing songs and for a sculptor, a poet or a novelist. It's that same Idnd of innocence, that same level of consciousness, that you create from. And kids have it. I feel it right away from animals and children and nature. Of course. And when I'm on stage. I can't perform if I don't have that kind of ping pong with the crowd. You know the kind of cause and effect action, reaction. Because I play off of them. They're really feeding me and I'm just acting from their energy.

EBONY/JET: Where is all this heading?

JACKSON: I really believe that God chooses people to do certain things, the way Michelangelo or Leonardo da Vinci or Mozart or Muhammad Ali or Martin Luther King is chosen. And that is their mission to do that thing. And I think that I haven't scratched the surface yet of what my real purpose is for being here. I'm committed to my art. I believe that all art has as its ultimate goal the union between the material and the spiritual, the human and the divine. And I believe that that is the very reason for the existence of art and what I do. And I feel fortunate in being that instrument through which music flows .... Deep inside I feel that this world we live in is really a big, huge, monumental symphonic orchestra. I believe that in its primordial form all of creation is sound and that it's not just random sound, that its music. You've heard the expression, music of the spheres? Well, thats a very literal phrase. In the Gospels, we read, "And the Lord God made man from the dust of the earth and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life and man became a living soul." That breath of life to me is the music of life and it permeates every fiber of creation. In one of the pieces of the Dangerous album, I say:

"Life songs of ages, throbbing in my blood, have danced the rhythm of the tide and flood." This is a very literal statement, because the same new miracle intervals and biological rhythms that sound out the architecture of my DNA also governs the movement of the stars. The same music governs the rhythm of the seasons, the pulse of our heartbeats, the migration of birds, the ebb and flow of ocean tides, the cycles of growth, evolution and dissolution. It's music, its rhythm. And my goal in life is to give to the world what I was lucky to receive: the ecstasy of divine union through my music and my dance. Its like, my purpose, its what I'm here for.

EBONY/JET: What about politics?

JACKSON: I never get into politics. But I think music soothes the savage beast. If you put cells under a miscroscope and you put music on, you'll see them move and start to dance. It affects the soul.... I hear music in everything. [Pauses] You know, that is the most I've said in eight years ..... You know I don't give interviews. That because I know you, and I trust you. You're the only person I trust to give interviews to.

Africa, 1992

[ame="http://www.RBGTube.com/play.php?vid=5528"]Michael Jackson, A Crowned Afrikan King Africa RBG Tube | PanAfrican.TV v2.0 - Free Revolutionary Audio Video Speech Library of Leaders, Activist, and Educators@@AMEPARAM@@http://www.RBGTube.com/uploads/RiCiMWBEwuUCHsjovPWP.flv@@AMEPARAM@@RiCiMWBEwuUCHs jovPWP[/ame]

Last edited:

2vuikbl.jpg

2uxuszr.jpg

2q33xok.jpg

27zexxg.jpg

2dvuao8.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Jackson adored French mime Marcel Marceau. Marceau adored Michael. Inspire.

Michael Jackson radio interview with Steve Harvey 2001 Part #1

Michael Jackson radio interview with Steve Harvey 2001 Part #2

Michael Jackson Countdown 1977 at Studio 54 with Molly Meldrum

20/20 Michael Jackson Interview 1980
LINK TO WATCH INTERVIEW: http://youtu.be/O2hMPdexJRg

Michael Jackson The Unauthorized Interview

Ebony/Jet Interview of Michael Jackson November 13, 1987

Last edited:

Michael Jackson and Stevie Wonder

swondermjackson1974.jpg

Michael Jackson With Barry Gibb and Diana Ross and more..

44957_147348571976640_117523874959110_268350_5636375_n.jpg

ss-090626-MJfriends-beegees.jpg

"ALL IN YOUR NAME" Michael Jackson & Barry Gibb (Bee Gees)

Last edited:
Learning Lessons From Michael Jackson

"THE GREATEST TEACHER"

I&#8217;m sure you&#8217;ve all seen the posters. &#8220;Everything I need to know I learned in kindergarten&#8221; &#8230;or, like my Mom has, &#8220;Everything I need to know I learned from Star Trek&#8221;. Lol.

Well, I got thinking about these posters tonight, and I&#8217;m sure you all know where this is going&#8230;.haha.

A new creation was born:

28a6tg6.jpg

Visit: Amy Grace's site a Cosmic Connection - All rights reserved - copyright Amy Grace www.acosmicconnection.com

Last edited:

Michael Jackson browsing movies & music. Out of the many outstanding things Michael Jackson has great ability to envision, create & carry it to fruition, he being an entertainer, he was definetly a lover of entertainment, as well.

BbUgHzZIIAAnPTA.jpg

Last edited:
Martin Scorsese on working together with Michael Jackson

390.jpg

&#8220;Michael Jackson was extraordinary. When we worked together on &#8216;Bad,&#8217; I was in awe of his absolute mastery of movement on the one hand, and of the music on the other. Every step he took was absolutely precise and fluid at the same time. It was like watching quicksilver in motion. He was wonderful to work with, an absolute professional at all times, and &#8211; it really goes without saying &#8211; a true artist. It will be a while before I can get used to the idea that he&#8217;s no longer with us.&#8221;

- Martin Scorsese - filmmaker who directed the video for &#8220;Bad&#8221;

mj-martin-scorsese_jpg.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Jackson and Film Makers Martin Scorsese, Francis Ford Coppola, David Lynch and Sidney Lumet

tumblr_ms5zpoJhbO1rovfcgo1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Michael Jackson cameo in Men In Black II as "Agent M"

002MIB_Michael_Jackson_001.jpg

Last edited:

20 facts about Michael Jackson By: Have A Nice Day via Youtube

MJJC - Please post some facts, knowledge anything about Michael Jackson that you know, if you have photos he has drawn notes, book collection anything, Please share here.

&#8220;I love experienced people. I love people who are phenomenally talented. I love people who&#8217;ve worked so hard and been so courageous and are the leaders in their fields. For me to meet somebody like that and learn from them and share words with them&#8212;to me that&#8217;s magic.&#8221;
&#8211; Michael Jackson, on filming The Wiz&#65279;

Life Lessons We Can Learn From Michael Jackson, King of Pop and God of Good Mojo [Talent]

We certainly felt an immense shift upon hearing the news, knowing that the world lost a raw, immense, and unparalleled talent. Despite media scandals and harsh judgments that came down on him in later years, We look at the facts & who MJ is as a person, there&#8217;s so much we can hold as wisdom from the life of this arguable inventor of Mojo (MJ &#8230; MoJo? Hmmm). Michael, Thanks for all you&#8217;ve taught us.

What We Can Learn From His Songs

1. It doesn&#8217;t matter if you&#8217;re black or white..

&#8220;Or blue or green or chartreuse &#8211; or even Pink. Appearance does not affect our gifts, our talents, ability to love and nurture, to be generous or compassionate, to connect with other humans and to change the face of the planet. Sure, it may draw judgment from those who don&#8217;t know you, who aren&#8217;t worth knowing, and whose insecurities have driven them to decide that there is a right and wrong way to look. If you are true to yourself, your outward appearance will always reflect your inner knowing. There may be a call from deep within that tells you to dye your hair purple, to wear two different shoes, or even to change your whole way of dressing. You can&#8217;t be wrong if you answer to that voice of truth and love yourself enough to allow your outsides to match your insides. As long as you match in the true knowing, knowing within..it only makes you more whole.

2. Start with the man (or woman) in the mirror.

Want to change someone else? Think your life will be better if only society would just see something a certain way? Start by looking deep within you &#8230; how do you really feel? What is your deepest truth? Are you living it? Are you sure? Look again. And again, and again. This is the only way to change anything. We bring forth the world through what we know to be true about ourselves. Nothing can be transformed until we transform the person in the mirror.

3. Heal the world &#8211; in fact, we are the world.

We humans are all connected; all one. This is where compassion comes in. Knowing that at the most fundamental level, you&#8217;re no different than the homeless man you pass on your way to work, o.r the waitress at the Ethiopian restaurant, or your grandmother, or Michael Jackson. That understanding does so much to open us up to each other and to heal the world for the sake of our collective goodness.

4. You are not alone.

Just as your experiences, your suffering, and your beingness is no different than that of anyone else, there is always help, support, and love to be had, even if you feel completely devoid of friendship right now. If you&#8217;re reading this, it means you have the support, love, encouragement and safety of the Mojo Posse. Reach out! Don&#8217;t be afraid to lean on your fellow humans &#8230; don&#8217;t worry about swallowing your pride or imposing. One day, it&#8217;s very likely that someone else will need you.

5. Don&#8217;t stop til you get enough.

A great and timeless piece of MJ wisdom when it comes to finding your Mojo. You know when it&#8217;s on &#8211; you know when Mojo is flowing through your veins and cells. Don&#8217;t settle until you&#8217;re THERE &#8211; alive and connected and confident and sparkling. The Mojo Posse is here to help you do that.

What We Can Learn From His Life - Michael, you're beautiful.

6. Don't let anything stop you from shining your light in the world. Michael's bright beacon of light shone brightly.

When you're brilliant and your light shines brightly, others will try to snuff you out. Don't let people extinguish your light. There's enough room in this world for all the bright lights to shine together. Don't let anything keep you from being ALL YOU.

7. It's okay to take off your masks. [Performance, Work, etc. Mask]

We wear many masks, hats and such in a days time. Don't cover up who you are. We all want to see your beautiful self, just the way you are. At the end of the day or maybe in the middle toss that hat off your head, drop the protective mask and look into someone's eyes & tell them that they are loved.

8. Learn to live in your own skin. Bullying is nothing new.

Maybe you hate your body, your face, your skin, your hair. STOP RIGHT NOW. It's yours, so how can you not love it? Your body is your temple. Kneel at it's beautiful altar.

9. Embrace your inner child. Michael tried very hard at explaining the innocent of children, Let us listen.

You don't have to live at Neverland[Though it would be such fun!] to play, laugh, and love like a child. Throw your arms in the air, do cartwheels and live with the joy of a child. See the world with wonder. Experience every day for the blessing that it is.

10. And finally, what better way is there to give yourself a quick dose of Mojo right to the love muscle than doing the Moonwalk?

What about you? We know we&#8217;ve only scratched the surface here of all the Mojo lessons from the King of Pop. What do you remember? How did MJ boost your Mojo, and what memories of him are helping you to own your mojo now & in the future?

We just can&#8217;t stop lovin&#8217; you,
The Mojo Blog

Thank you Mojo Blog for letting us here at MJJC Legacy Team share your MJ Life lessons here at our forum.

Last edited:

This thread is so beautiful and important. Thank you
I love how we both like art. alt. Orange perfume... Spaghetti and Mexican spicy dishes . People in general.. rhinestones! and purple :lol:
I like frosty icing on my flakes too

How To Pull Off The Michael Jackson Side Slide

Dancing will never be the same again.
Everyone can moon walk but the Michael Jackson side slide will take your dancing to a whole new level of cool. Pull Off The Michael Jackson Side Slide and impress on the dance floor.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/9oYVw8CjbMo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
http://youtu.be/9oYVw8CjbMo

Step 1: You Will Need

• Good trainers
• Comfortable loose clothes
• A bit of attitude
• Practice

Step 2: Starting Position

Stand with your back straight and your chin up. Place your feet shoulder width apart and pointing diagonally outwards.

Step 3: First Move

Bend your left leg at the knee and in the direction that your foot is pointing while raising your left heel off the floor.
Keep your body upright and straight. You should feel the muscles in your left thigh working as they take your weight.

Step 4: The Pivot

You are now going to pivot on your left toe and right heel, so that both your toes are pointing inwards..

Step 5: Leg Snap

Your left knee will be bent and your right straight. Snap your left knee back and your right knee forward so that this is reversed. Snap! Snap!

Step 6: Right Ankle

To prepare for the sliding motion you should turn your right heel in towards the other leg while keeping your toe in contact with the floor.

Step 7: The Slide

You are now going to use your right foot to slide to the left. As you push off, turn your left foot in the direction that it's sliding and take the weight onto your left toes to stop the slide.

Step 8: Heel Drag

Next drag your right heel towards your left foot while pivoting on you left toes. Your heel should slide along 'into' the floor in a straight line.

Step 9: Toe Flip

At the end of the heel-slide flip your foot so that your toes are touching the floor and your heel is raised.

Step 10: Second Slide

From this position you are now going to push off into another slide. Push down and into the floor with your right foot while sliding your left foot away. Remember to point your left toe in the direction you are travelling and keep your back upright and straight at all times.

Step 11: Heel Drag

Repeat the heel drag as before by sliding your heel inwards to the left while pivoting your left toe inwards. At the end of the movement flip your toes down and your heel up once more.

Step 12: Join It Up

You now have all the necessary foot work to pull this off but next you have to join it up into one continuous line by repeating these moves to build up speed and smoothness.

Step 13: The Arms

To complete the look add some upper body movement. Keep your arms straight and bring them to the front of your body with your fingers pointing outward and your palms parallel to the floor. Next move your arms up and down from the shoulder. Add in a rotation so that your arms look like pistons driving the motion in the rest of your body.

Step 14: The Head

Keep your back straight and make a circular movement in a clockwise direction with your head. Be careful not to jerk your neck. This movement should be smooth and steady.

Step 15: Practice

Now all you need is some practice. Don't worry if you don't get the Michael Jackson side slide straight away. It won't be long until you've nailed the dance and can use your sweet new moves to impress friends and family!

"Be determined and never give up, no matter what. Keep your will power."
- Michael Jackson

Learn From The Best: The Lessons Of Success We Can Take From Michael Jackson

mlgfo1.jpg

The following article written by Joseph MiLord is an thought-provoking look at the roots to Michael&#8217;s success. Joseph, a Journalism & Media Studies major at Rutgers University, began his writing days as a blogger in his sophomore year, before a twist of fate saw him cross paths with Elite Daily. He hasn&#8217;t looked back since, only forward towards fulfilling his obsession with words through many more articles for the voice of generation.

We hope you find this article enlightening!

&#8220;The life and times of Michael Jackson will be remembered for many things. There was &#8216;ABC,&#8217; there was his great number of fans, there were his numerous comebacks, the Neverland ranch, &#8216;Black Or White,&#8217; &#8216;Beat It&#8217; and &#8216;Thriller.&#8217; Who could possibly forget &#8216;Thriller&#8217;!? The answer is not many, but lots of people might forget about just how hard of a worker Michael was. In fact, a lot of people may not even know anything about his work ethic.
few people may think of &#8220;MJ&#8221; as a once in a generation talent, which would actually undermine just how much work the great one had to put into his craft because whenever a close colleague has gotten a chance to praise the hours he put into practice, like many did in this short video, they have and have done so vehemently.
All the words of praise came in different words, but they all sent the same message. Michael Jackson wasn&#8217;t just blessed with a skill, but he also matched it with great amounts of effort and dedication to turn that skill into immense success. And, because of that, you would do well to note the lessons that can be taken away from that dedication. So, here are the five lessons of success that anyone can take from the career of Michael Jackson.

1) There&#8217;s actual hard work behind people&#8217;s flashy moments

It may be hard to consider in this era of the quick Instagram post, the even quicker Twitpic, and even the Vine, but when people brag about the bright points in their lives &#8212; the highs and the great successes &#8212; we must remember, there&#8217;s actual work that had to be put in for them to get to where they are. It&#8217;s tempting to get jealous and covet what &#8220;they&#8221; have when we should be coveting the energy and sense of direction needed to get us to a point of success.

&#8220;A lot of people they&#8217;re used to just seeing the outcome, they never see the side of the work you put through to produce the outcome.&#8221;

Michael knows all too well what it&#8217;s like to be lauded for the finished product, only for people to disregard the processes of trial and error that said product had to go through. Many people acknowledge &#8216;Thriller&#8217; for being the ground-breaking music video of the 80s, but do they know about the eight weeks during which Michael had to work extremely hard to produce the piece of genius. They probably don&#8217;t know, as Quincy Jones mentions, that Michael would stay up days at a time, until he was ready to drop, searching for perfection.

What&#8217;s the point, then? We may not see it, but behind every Kodak moment capturing one success, there is always likely to be hours and hours (and hours) of hard work that led to it. Instead of being jealous of others&#8217; accomplishments, we probably should be jealous of their desire to get there, and try to mimic it as well.
2) From time to time, you&#8217;ll have to check your constituents

Your friends and co-workers are around you for a reason. You chose for them to be. At some point in time, you chose to enter a certain circle or you chose to go for a certain job that has landed you in the environment that you&#8217;re in. One way or another, you had a part in getting yourself where you are now.

Just because you had a hand in placing yourself in and around these associates doesn&#8217;t mean they think the same way as you and, if you intend to work with them as a team, it might just be important you check their priorities and ways of thinking once in a while.

That&#8217;s exactly what Michael (who boasted about how phenomenal &#8216;Thriller&#8217; would be) did when Quincy Jones (who thought it would be just &#8220;good&#8221;) said otherwise. It was then time for MJ to keep his constituents in check and a close friend recalls just how he did it too.

&#8220;[He said] &#8216;If Quincy doesn&#8217;t believe in this record the way I do, then let&#8217;s cancel the whole thing. Fine, we&#8217;re just not gonna put it out. &#8216;Thriller&#8217; is cancelled.&#8217; But Michael said to me he wasn&#8217;t really gonna cancel the release of the record, he was motivating people. The only way he thought he could achieve that was to pull the project from them, get them all upset and worried, and then give it back to them. And make them prove to him that they all had the same vision he had.&#8221;

In order for you to reach success, you&#8217;re most likely going to have to do it with the help of others around you. How much more difficult, then, would that task be if they don&#8217;t believe in what you believe? With the recognition that, at the end of the day, your sense of accomplishment is at risk, you might find it necessary, like Michael did, to check your constituents.
3) Use the days of your youth to think big and disrupt

Chances are, if you&#8217;re reading this, you&#8217;re either young or have a heart that&#8217;ll remain forever young. And if you are, perhaps this is the most valuable of lessons that can be taken away from the life and career of Michael Jackson, the idea that we should cherish are youthful age and the energy and room for error that come with it and think of new ideas.

Long-time friend and record producer Rodney &#8220;Darkchild&#8221; Jenkins recalls a time that Michael tried to push this concept into his head:

&#8220;Michael calls me and he says, why can&#8217;t we create new sounds? Someone created a drum right? Someone created a piano, why can&#8217;t we create a new instrument? &#8230;He used to always tell me Rodney, we have to do things, we have to push ourselves because we still have our youth.&#8221;

Everyone doesn&#8217;t have to come up with a product, idea or service that is revolutionary by tomorrow, but with each day that passes by, our ability to do so is likely to dwindle. So, there&#8217;s no better way to put a cap on this lesson than the way Michael said it. The time is now for us to push ourselves.
4) Of all things to get discouraged by, don&#8217;t let it be someone&#8217;s words

There are lots of good reasons to stop what you&#8217;re doing and throw plan A in the garbage in favor of plan B. Maybe plan A just doesn&#8217;t work, maybe it&#8217;s a terrible idea, maybe you didn&#8217;t go about it the right way from the start and need to begin anew. All of these (very general) reasons, and more, could serve as legitimate cause for you reconsider your actions.

Being on the receiving end of ridicule, however, is not. Let&#8217;s not forgot, as Michael points out, even the greatest of greats were teased.

&#8220;Some of the greatest men that have made a mark on this world were treated like that. &#8216;You&#8217;re not gonna do it, you&#8217;re not gonna get anywhere.&#8217; They laughed at the Wright brothers, they laughed at Thomas Edison, they laughed at Walt Disney, they made jokes of Henry Ford and said he was ignorant, he didn&#8217;t have a college degree he dropped out of school, Disney dropped out of school&#8230;&#8221;

And so on and so forth. What&#8217;s the moral of the story? If people find an opportunity to laugh at what you&#8217;re doing, they will take it, if not for anything than to make themselves feel better. But there is no reason why jokes, ridicule, criticism and negative words alone should persuade you to quit, especially if they&#8217;re coming from people who haven&#8217;t accomplished anything themselves.

5) &#8220;You don&#8217;t count your money, when you&#8217;re sittin&#8217; at the table.&#8221;

As the famous lyric goes, you just can&#8217;t rest on your laurels. It may sound like an oxymoron, but if your goal is to &#8220;make it,&#8221; you&#8217;ve failed the moment you think you&#8217;ve actually &#8220;made it.&#8221; Kenny Rodgers, who first sang that famous lyric, knew it and so did Michael, who offered this reply in an interview with Fox News&#8217; Geraldo Rivera when asked if the making of &#8216;Thriller&#8217; still excited him.

&#8220;I try not to think about it too hard, I don&#8217;t want my subconscious mind to think that I&#8217;ve done it all, you&#8217;re done now, no. That&#8217;s why I don&#8217;t put awards or trophies in my house. You won&#8217;t find a gold record anywhere in my house, because it makes you feel like you&#8217;ve accomplished, &#8220;look what I&#8217;ve done.&#8221; But I always wanna feel, not I haven&#8217;t done it yet.&#8221;
It&#8217;s tempting, at this moment, to list MJ&#8217;s accomplishments and all that he has done to further solidify this point, but it might be easier to just ask this question: What hasn&#8217;t Michael Jackson won? Take your you time, answer it, then consider this.

He still wasn&#8217;t satisfied.&#8221;

&#8211; Joseph Milord
( Source: )Elite Daily

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/IwJWCASoOI0?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

Last edited:
Learn From The Best - Michael Jackson.

....Did you read the headlines? "Jackson Kids Steal the Show!" the news articles proclaimed, calling the appearance of Michael Jackson's two eldest children the most memorable moment of the 52nd annual Grammy Awards Show. What does this have to do with communication skills, you ask? Everything. In a room filled with big egos, these two young people nailed the three things that you must do as a 21st century communicator: they got attention, got to the point, and got results - and so can you. These skills are crucial whether you're presenting your ideas to big egos, big wallets, or big knuckleheads. This post is not about Michael Jackson's kids on stage. Believe it or not, it's about what you can learn from Michael's approach to presentation skills that can transform and elevate your presentations forever. Turns out, Michael Jackson was not just a performer, he was the ultimate presenter. He was every bit as good or even better than the much-heralded Steve Jobs at presenting ideas that people respond to.

I was struck by what businesspeople can learn by watching the newly released video chronicling Michael's stage preparations for his planned final shows in London, "This is It." Here are 3 quick lessons:

1. The best presentations are built around your relationship with the audience.

At the end of the film, you&#8217;ll see Michael and the crew gather in a large circle on stage. Director Kenny Ortega asks Michael to share a few words. Listen closely &#8211; what Michael says is the the stamp of a true presentation genius. He tells the crew that a successful show is not based upon the dance moves, or the special effects, or even on him. It&#8217;s a presenter's relationship with the audience that matters most. Success is attained by the way you make people feel while they&#8217;re in your presence. Lesson: don&#8217;t get caught up in worrying about yourself or your slides during a presentation. Zero in on your relationship with the audience. Make their experience the king of the show and you'll earn positive responses.

2. When you elevate others, everyone wins (including you)

Watch how Michael brings out the best in others. He stays gracious and kindhearted as he coaches the musicians, singers, and dancers during the rehearsals. He's 100% clear on what he wants from others, yet he doesn't come across as all high and mighty or a taskmaster. As a result, Michael Jackson draws the best possible performance out of everyone around him. Lesson: Stay relaxed, gracious, and humble at your presentations. Don't let anxiety or pressure get the best of you. The most effective presenters are thoughtful, inspiring leaders who play well in the sandbox.

3. Who's the one communicator you should listen to most?

Why there were so many hours of rehearsal footage filmed prior to the concert run? Michael Jackson studied the &#8220;dailies." He knew that he was in the connecting business, so he wanted to see how his "presentations" would come across to audiences from the stage, even before the seats were filled. Chances are you hate to see yourself on tape. Heck, I avoided watching tapes of myself during many years in the broadcast TV business. But, ironically, as an executive coach I finally discovered the true power of videotaped assessments - they allow you to see the real you. As Michael Jackson clearly understood, there's one communicator that you should listen to as much as possible - and that's you. Study videotapes to hone your presentation's content, your true voice, and your executive presence and you'll earn a positive response from every audience.

See more here: http://conniedieken.com/influence-blog/what-every-communicator-can-learn-from--michael-jackson/

Last edited:
Back