Favorite new disc post 2009?

What has been your fave release from the vaults so far?

• Michael 2010

• Bad25 2012

• Xscape 2014

• Thriller40 2022

Results are only viewable after voting.
Hot take, but Michael is fantastic. Setting aside the various controversies, the music is outstanding, the production is often stronger than anyone gives it credit for, and the actual goal (i.e., complete the blueprint that MJ left behind) is admirable. As a 7-track album, it’s honestly damn good.

Not so hot for me, I agree. Not that I listen to it often mind but best of joy and much too soon are on my playlist.
I don’t care for hold my hand and another day
I will vote after T40 releases but I already know I will like it more than the others.

I reckon this will be my ranking

T40, Michael, Xscape, Bad25

Curious to see how this will go the coming weeks. I included the option to change votes for those early voters if necessary.

At this point it is between Xscape and Bad25. Both of them have some of my favorite MJ songs:

Love Never Felt So Good 😍 😍
Loving You 😍 😍
Do You Know Where Your Children Are
I'm So Blue 😍 😍
Free
Fly Away 😍 😍
Al Capone
Streetwalker, etc.

Something about those Bad era outtakes, man. I am just overflowing with love.

If we're talking about remixes probably Michael, although I have some major problems with the album and some decisions they made with some of the songs, the songs on there generally at least tried to stick with the original demo and finish it.

For pure fan stuff I'd say B25.

I'll go for Bad25 purely for Abortion Papers. If I had to take just that one song and leave behind the rest of the album I would do it in a heartbeat.

Bump

I voted Michael the 7 tracks version naturally not that I love it though but it sounds like an MJ album alright

Back