Favorite quote

M.Kingsley

Proud Member
Michael said so many wise things that touched your soul. What's your favourite quote from the King?

Thanks.

I like a lot of his quotes ..
Some is heartbreaking.... one time he said:
"I hate my smile, I'll do ut for you" (meaning the fans)..

"And all the children of the world is our children and our responsibility"

Michael speaking to his fans.
" I want you to know I appreciate my fans very much ..... ..... it is you presence your faith, your loyalty and your great strength through difficult times.... ..... you were always there... you where always loyal.... and I love you forever for this.... ... it was YOU.. it was you who put your heart on the line. It was you who stepped forward to defend someone you love. It was you on a world wide basis who supported me as my army, my soldiers of love."

I agree. I love a lot of his quotes. I don't really have a favourite. It would be like trying to pick a favourite song.

I love this quote from the 1996 interview he did with Molly Meldrum:

"I'm pretty simple, I love to create, I love to make magic, I love to create the unexpected ..."

".when you say boys, it's never just boys.. ok..
and that's a ridiculous question")
-Diane S. - Michael Interview? GOO MICHAEL!

WHY YOU HAVE TO GO
AND LEAVE OUR WORLD SO COLD.

Analogue, you've just reminded me. Was gonna post one of my fave quotes from the Mexico 1993 deposition. Went to the trouble of transcribing the relevant bit and then forgot all about it.

Here it is:

Nasty lawyer - 'Do you include common musical phrases in your songs that you write?'

Michael - 'Common musical phrases?'

Nasty lawyer - 'Do you know what that means?'

Michael - 'Yeah, but I don't know if you know what it means.'

😂😂😂😂

Michael Jackson - 1
Lawyer - 0

"You know what you can do for me? Kiss right here, kiss right here! You're a swine, you're a god damn pig. Go to hell! Every last one of you pigs!"

"And don't write the song, let the song create itself, let the strings tell you what to do, where they should come, let the piano tell you what chords to hit. Whatever it feels like, let the bass tell you whatever it should be doing, everything. Let it create itself, let it form, let it do what it wants to do. Don't force upon the song, let the song force upon you. Let the song tell you where to go.

So what are common musical phrases? 🥸
IIRC, in the depo Michael goes on to say, a common musical phrase could be a note or a tone. Nasty Lawyer isn't having any of it so Michael does a vocal 'Heeee'. Lawyer then says something like, 'Is that a common musical phrase?' and Michael confirms this.

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work"

I don't quite remember where or when he said this, but it's something that has stuck with me ever since I was a kid.
Hope it's OK if I jump in on this one, apologies if I'm gatecrashing. I haven't read the book but I believe this quote is from Moonwalk. I think it's a great quote but the full version gets to me even more.

I believe the full version (IIRC) is:

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work. You couldn't teach a person what I've learned just standing and watching."

I love the quote but it's also just a little bit 💔 How many kids or young teenagers would dedicate themselves to learning their craft the way Michael did? Not many, I would bet. With this quote I go back and forth, I can never decide if my feelings are 🙁 or 🙂

"As jacked as it sounds
The whole system sucks, damnit

Peek in the shadow
Come into the light
You tell me I'm wrong
Then you better prove you're right
You're sellin' out souls but
I care about mine"

Hope it's OK if I jump in on this one, apologies if I'm gatecrashing. I haven't read the book but I believe this quote is from Moonwalk. I think it's a great quote but the full version gets to me even more.

I believe the full version (IIRC) is:

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work. You couldn't teach a person what I've learned just standing and watching."

I love the quote but it's also just a little bit 💔 How many kids or young teenagers would dedicate themselves to learning their craft the way Michael did? Not many, I would bet. With this quote I go back and forth, I can never decide if my feelings are 🙁 or 🙂

Yes! Thank you, my mind was totally blanking for a moment there lol

But yes, I agree. So many people out there don't really go all out for themselves. That's why this quote is so inspirational for me, it motivates me to take notes from my idols, and really dedicate myself to my passions.

It also really makes me miss Michael though, ngl. He just had so much wisdom left to give 💔

Yes! Thank you, my mind was totally blanking for a moment there lol

But yes, I agree. So many people out there don't really go all out for themselves. That's why this quote is so inspirational for me, it motivates me to take notes from my idols, and really dedicate myself to my passions.

It also really makes me miss Michael though, ngl. He just had so much wisdom left to give 💔
I think he probably had a lot more of everything left to give including, as you say, wisdom. If Michael was still alive and didn't want to ever do another stroke of work I'd be fine with that. As long as he was happy and was somewhere safe, that'd be totally cool. I don't think it's very likely, of course. He was a self-confessed workaholic. Songs just seemed to pour out of him. But if he could have adopted a different mindset and had stepped away from all the madness I would have been pleased.

But we are where we are.

As for Moonwalk, well, I always get Moonwalk and Moonwalker the wrong way round so it's a minor miracle I got it right in my post. :D

I don't have a lot of interest in biographies, memoirs and autobiographies so I've never read Moonwalk. Plus I'm genetically programmed to not be terribly interested in the lives of celebrities. But I read a comment here on the board and someone described the content of the book and I did think, 'oh, that actually sounds kind of cool.' And it's still in print. So I think a visit to a local bookshop is on the cards.

"The greatest education in the world is watching the masters at work"

I don't quite remember where or when he said this, but it's something that has stuck with me ever since I was a kid.
I love this one especially, I literally used his quote underneath my senior picture in my high school year book!

This is not a 'words of wisdom' type of quote but I love it. It comes from the J5 1975 live performance in Mexico.

Time stamp approx 53m 10s

"What I'm gonna do next is sing my latest song, it's my favourite song, another one of my favourites. I like ballads because you get a chance to really hear what's going on. Everything is soft and slow and you get a chance to understand the lyrics."

And then he sings One Day in Your Life. And it's beautiful.

Back