favourite ‘thriller 40’ remix

favourite ‘thriller 40’ remix

• Total voters

83magic

Proud Member
I’ve selected the remixes exclusive to ‘thriller 40’, on the digital editions. has anyone heard them?
do you have a favourite? I’m partial to the first two options myself. I love 90s house music.

the mega mix was done by Jason nevins. he remixed ‘it’s like that’ by run dmc in 1998, and had a uk number one.

I wish they would have included the underground remix of ‘billie jean’ from the 25th anniversary deluxe addition

This has to be the most obscure song of MJ's entire catalog lol
you’ve never heard this version before? unfortunately I was unable to find out who remixed it.

I like how it’s totally focused on the higher layer harmonies. sometimes michael’s chest and head voice merged into one, and were indistinguishable.

The four on the floor remix of Billie Jean is my personal favorite remix.

But Tommy D's is quite good, I like it a lot more than then Brothers in Arm one.

I’ve selected the remixes exclusive to ‘thriller 40’, on the digital editions. has anyone heard them?
do you have a favourite? I’m partial to the first two options myself. I love 90s house music.

the mega mix was done by Jason nevins. he remixed ‘it’s like that’ by run dmc in 1998, and had a uk number one.

I wish they would have included the underground remix of ‘billie jean’ from the 25th anniversary deluxe addition
Ha! i like the third one. mega mix - Jason Nevins i should have known. and no i didn't because i only bought the physical copy.
Nice thread .

you’ve never heard this version before? unfortunately I was unable to find out who remixed it.

I like how it’s totally focused on the higher layer harmonies. sometimes michael’s chest and head voice merged into one, and were indistinguishable.
I've heard it once, I say this because I've never seen anyone talking about that remix in particular lol. I noticed it has very few streams compared to the other songs on T25.

The four on the floor remix of Billie Jean is my personal favorite remix.

But Tommy D's is quite good, I like it a lot more than then Brothers in Arm one.
billie jean’ is also my favourite remix. I find it hypnotic. i would have included and voted for it, if is was on ‘thriller 40’.

the digital deluxe edition of the 25th anniversary is great because it includes all of the features from the 2001 special edition.

Sorry for posting it here as it is no T40 remix but I found this just now and I love this remix of state of shock (accompanied by great victory tour footage)

I think that remix was done by nick *. he has a great ‘billie jean’ one, that is inspired by 2step uk garage music from the early 2000s.

this makes ‘state of shock’ more tolerable for me. the electronic dance sound is a good substitute for the rockier one. it also features michael’s vocals only - which is a plus.

great montage of the tour 👍🏽

I think that remix was done by nick *. he has a great ‘billie jean’ one, that is inspired by 2step uk garage music from the early 2000s.

this makes ‘state of shock’ more tolerable for me. the electronic dance sound is a good substitute for the rockier one. it also features michael’s vocals only - which is a plus.

great montage of the tour 👍🏽
I thought you would like it!

I think Michael would have liked these as well. They keep the core of the song and give something refreshing to it.

I absolutely love those glitched vocals. I swear a lot of the times fans manage to do a better job at making remixes than the Estate (and even MJ himself) lol.

“You are the sun that lights up the sky” one of the best musical moments of MJ’s musical history.
Love the lyrics for best of joy/the toy
Who wrote it?

I know I’m five years late, but I’ve just discovered this ‘thriller’ remix by steve akoi called ‘midnight hour’. it was uploaded to the official YouTube channel. apparently it was considered for the ‘scream’ compilation.

this is my favourite remix of the song I’ve ever heard 💜 I love the dubstep energy and the flanger effect of Vincent price’s laugh. michael’s vocal performance is timeless and often overlooked.

I think this version could still be a hit if released during the Halloween season. I would have included it on ‘thriller 40’ personally..

^^
This Thriller remix was released as a digital single back in 2017.

I think, of all the remixes, these are the best.

Certainly much better than anything they did in 2008.
apart from the ‘billie jean (underground mix)’ that was also done in 2008, and appeared on certain editions of the ‘thriller 25th anniversary’, I agree.

I thought the ‘p.y.t (pretty young thing)’ remix would have been great without the rap. even though they used incomplete demo vocals..

the worst ones for me were ‘wanna be startin’ sonethin’ (the original is my favourite mj song ever) and ‘beat it’, where michael was reduced to a guest on his own songs. akon even changed the meaning of the song to make it more generic, and take away from its original uniqueness.

I’m still listening to the steve akoi remix of ‘thriller’ these days. I think it’s amazing 💜

Back