Finnish MJ Fans

Re: Finnish MJ fans..

Nothing special here. But Finland, you should know that. You know Santa? Santa is from Finland! Lapland.

Oh Lapland. Love that place. I had my confirmation camp there, I LOVE that place. Very beautiful place. I'd say the most beautiful place I have ever been. I've never been abroad but anyway.

Hi Clara, thanks for answering.
Sorry for intruding, as I don't speek the language. But I am a curious person.
I am not english neither... :D that´s why I don´t express myself so well sometimes.
Smile!:)

Hey Wendy.Pan, as you can see in the thread's name, it's Finnish, and we are from Finland. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finland ;)

Not Swedish! Besides, Sweden is a country, Swedish is a language ;)

And umm I'm new here but I guess it's not about anything particular... We just chat on our own language about what's going on with MJ, how are we etc...

Edit: Btw, Wendy.Pan, your siggy is gorgeous! :wub: I love that song too... It's an important song to me, I was singing it a lot at one point... :S :heart:

Last edited:

Lol oh yes....... I know santa :smilerolleyes: I had the pleasure to meet him many years ago when I was little :tease:..... but I had cut my relations with him since he brought me a Koala instead of a Panda plush when I was 7. And the year after.....I discovered he was my grandfather.... :bugeyed
Well..... anyway... Finland surely is a beautifull place. :clapping:

Nothing special here. But Finland, you should know that. You know Santa? Santa is from Finland! Lapland.

Oh Lapland. Love that place. I had my confirmation camp there, I LOVE that place. Very beautiful place. I'd say the most beautiful place I have ever been. I've never been abroad but anyway.

... And before anyone asks or even dares to give a thought we don't have any polar bears or penguins living (wild) in Finland :D

Lol oh yes....... I know santa :smilerolleyes: I had the pleasure to meet him many years ago when I was little :tease:..... but I had cut my relations with him since he brought me a Koala instead of a Panda plush when I was 7. And the year after.....I discovered he was my grandfather.... :bugeyed

Ouch! Well, koalas aren't native to Finland, so maybe Santa was confused! :D Well, neither are pandas for that matter. But, yes, Santa is a big deal in this country. He brings in tourists and all. People can also order Letters from Santa in different languages to be sent as Christmas greetings. Every year they show how Santa leaves for his yearly rounds on TV. He sits in his sleigh drawn by reindeer and is surrounded by the snowy scenery of Lapland. And he has a cabin where people can visit him near the Artic Circle.

Santa's post office gets over 700,000 letters from all over the world every year. Last year (2008) most of the letters came from Europe, especially from UK, but recently also Asian countries has been sending letters out. Santa also gets a lot of letters from Japan and China.
hires_080409j091415f.jpg

Santa's helpers going throught the mail
hires_080409j091423f.jpg

I think this is funny. Santa gets a tons of used pacifiers from all over the world every year. I read there's a children's story that urges children to send their old pacifiers to the baby reindeers and baby elfs. I'm not familiar with the story at all, so is there someone who could tell me what story they are talking about? I'd really like to know :)
hires_080409j091417f.jpg

Reeta, your pics don't work. :(

But don't blame Santa about that panda thing. He is busy man, you must admit that. :D

lol Oh nooo...Santa is still funny for the kids... :) but I just replaced Santa... for baby Jesus....lol in my country we have the tradition to put a shoe above the fireplace so that He place our gifts... lol But my gifts don´t fit the shoes.... this Christmas I wish averyone around the world can have some L.O.V.E.

PS: and by the way.. I still keep my Koala... he became a good infancy memory.

lol Oh nooo...Santa is still funny for the kids... :) but I just replaced Santa... for baby Jesus....lol in my country we have the tradition to put a shoe above the fireplace so that He place our gifts... lol But my gifts don´t fit the shoes.... this Christmas I wish averyone around the world can have some L.O.V.E.

PS: and by the way.. I still keep my Koala... he became a good infancy memory.

Oh, Baby Jesus places gifts in a shoe in your country? Interesting! I didn't know that. :)

By the way, you can see the pics in Reeta's post above if you click on them and choose to open the links in a new window. I saw them when I did that just now.

I can´t see the images by clicking.. i must have a prob. with my pc. :(
Yes, we have this tradition in my country... instead of Santa, but the effect is the same... parents put the presents secretly in the shoes of their children (saying it was little Jesus gift).:angel:

Last edited:

The pics don't work for me either.

I can´t see the images by clicking.. i must have a prob. with my pc. :(
Yes, we have this tradition in my country... instead of Santa, but the effect is the same... parents put the presents secretly in the shoes of their children (saying it was little Jesus gift).:angel:
I didn't know about this tradition, that's cute :)

:doh: Pics aren't working for me either anymore. There must be a some kind of protection or something that they don't show up after/if you copy/paste them. Whatever, I can't be arsed to fix them :D

It seems like there was sort of a evil Santa out there yesterday - He told my little brother that he is not getting any gifts! Santa is BAD!

It seems like there was sort of a evil Santa out there yesterday - He told my little brother that he is not getting any gifts! Santa is BAD!

Haha :D Where that happened?

I just love christmas time! It's so easy to "blackmail" children to behave. Not that I have children of my own, but I remember all the kids I've been babysitting and my friend's kids. "You better be good now. Did you not see the elf behind the window? :popout: Im sure he will go to Santa now and tell you are being bad boy/girl and Santa will bring you nothing!" and dammit that always works! :kickass:

Kaikki kyttäämään linnan juhlia sitten sunnuntaina! Uutisissa sanottiin että orkesteri soittaa Badia jossain vaiheessa :)

omg.... so many finnish fans here :O'
Yep! Small country, lots of MJ fans! :cheeky: And I think there's still more, they just don't about this thread, haha.

Btw I always think it's Paris in your siggy, she looks so much like her!

Oli muuten aika hupaisaa, kun kävi ala-asteellani ja joku kolmosluokkalainen kysyi multa lempilaulajaa. Vastasin siihen sitten "Michael Jackson" ja pikkupoika alko hehkuttaa, että tosi hyvä artista. :D TET-paikkaa olin hakemassa.

Hanna, mitä toi Legacy Member oikein meinaa? Oon missannut varmaan jotain.

Täällä lisää tosta Legacy jutusta http://www.mjjcommunity.com/forum/showthread.php?t=82953

Olen niin otettu että musta tuli sellanen!

Oli muuten aika hupaisaa, kun kävi ala-asteellani ja joku kolmosluokkalainen kysyi multa lempilaulajaa. Vastasin siihen sitten "Michael Jackson" ja pikkupoika alko hehkuttaa, että tosi hyvä artista. :D TET-paikkaa olin hakemassa.
Aww, söpöä :give_heart:

Aa, selvä.

Tänään oli itsenäisyyspäiväjutskien takia disko. Hahaa, mä varastin show:n ihan huolella. Sieltä tuli jotain örinää ja sit ku biisi loppu ni menin hakeen mikin:

"Hah. Ajatella että puhun mikissä koko koulun edessä. Enpä olisi koskaan uskonut. Mutta nyt ei tulekaan enää mitään örinää vaan nyt tulee Michael Jacksonin Get On The Floor!"

Ja sitten juonsin loppushow:nkin, vaikka Get On The Floorin lisäksi ei soitettu Michaelilta kuin Beat It. Sääli sinänsä. Oli kuitenkin tosi hienoa, kun yhdessä kohtaa sanoin "... ja nyt takaisin Michael Jacksoniin" ja yleisö räjähtää suosionosoituksiin! Todella hienoa! Huh huh. Oon ehkä liikaa show:hun ja mikkiin-menevä. :D

Joo, minäkin luin tänään "korkeatasoisesta" Iltalehdestä, että soittavat huomenna Blame It On the Boogien ja Badin Michaelin kunniaksi. Hienoa! Eiköhän tuo nyt pidä paikkansa, vaikka lähde ei tuon kummoisempi olekaan. Pitäisikö yrittää seurata toisella silmällä. Vaikka epäilen kyllä, että unohtuu... Ajattelin linkittää kuvan, joka oli pistetty Iltalehden juttuun, tänne mutta sitten huomasin, että olivat laittaneet J****n osaksi kuvan nimeä. Ajattelin, että pitäkää kuvanne, kun ette kerran malta olla tuota nimitystä käyttämättä. Ihan OK kuva sinänsä.

^ Kyllä mä kans luulen että ne ihan oikeasti siellä Michaelia soittaa, Ylen uutisista itse kuulin niin eiköhän se nyt ole tarpeeks luotettava lähde :cheeky:

damn... how can it be so many many finnish fans here and not Canadian fans, las vegas fans, danish fans etc o_O ?

And yes it was Paris in my siggy... now shes not in my siggy anymore ^^

damn... how can it be so many many finnish fans here and not Canadian fans, las vegas fans, danish fans etc o_O ?

And yes it was Paris in my siggy... now shes not in my siggy anymore ^^
Oh it was her, lol. Where was that pic taken, has she been in a photoshoot or what? Am I missing something here? :scratch:

Oh it was her, lol. Where was that pic taken, has she been in a photoshoot or what? Am I missing something here? :scratch:

Hehe no :D
I just put her face in a picture of another girl... you can do it at Faceinhole.com
so no.. you had not missed something!:)

(sorry if my english is wrong)

Hehe no :D
I just put her face in a picture of another girl... you can do it at Faceinhole.com
so no.. you had not missed something!:)

(sorry if my english is wrong)
Ahh ok :D Your English is just fine don't worry ;)

^ Kyllä mä kans luulen että ne ihan oikeasti siellä Michaelia soittaa, Ylen uutisista itse kuulin niin eiköhän se nyt ole tarpeeks luotettava lähde :cheeky:

Jep, jep. YLE lienee luotettava kyllä. :D

Jepa, kyllä ne vaan Michaelia soittavat siellä! Jeeeee hienoa! :) :heart:

http://www.iltalehti.fi/linnanjuhlat/2009120510720338_lj.shtml tuossa linkki.

Ei ne varmaan pahaa ole tarkoittaneet, kuhan joku kuvienkäsittelijä äkkiä laittanu kuvalle nimen ;) Ei kaikki tiedä että se on loukkaava nimitys. Sentään eivät kutsuneet MJ:tä ko. nimellä... Tuo kuva on muuten jotenki hassu :D

Hianoo valikoimaa muutenkin musiikissa kuulostais olevan, hyvähyvä! :clapping:

Back