Footage where he is ill

sayat

Proud Member
Hi everyone,

Though I am not new as a follower of this forum, the admin has just given me the permission to post. So hi! I am an MJ fan for 40 years now!

I have a question: Is there a concert footage on the web where we are definitely sure that he is ill, like fever and everything? Could you please post the link here?

The first song I heard from him on radio was Beat it in summer 1983. I was 13 years old. Those were very, very magical days and I miss every moment of it!
Wow. That's cool. What can you say about Invincible album?

Munich 1997, I read on here years ago he was suffering from laryngitis during this concert.

Tokyo 1988, he's getting over a cold here, he postponed the November 1988 LA gigs due to a cold and you can hear it in his voice in the concert.

Bremen 1992, I read once that he was under the weather during the concert (although I'm not sure on that one personally)

Houston 1988 snippets, you can hear how hoarse he is during Another Part Of Me.

Hope this helps mate, welcome to the forum

Maybe it's me but doesn't he sound a bit sick on 'Loving You'?

Which would be funny because the lyrics are also about being sick:

'And the weatherman said if you're not well, stay in bed
'Cause I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head

Maybe it's me but doesn't he sound a bit sick on 'Loving You'?

Which would be funny because the lyrics are also about being sick:

'And the weatherman said if you're not well, stay in bed
'Cause I've been feeling down and blue and it's cloudy in my head

Tbh I think there was something wrong with the pitch or dodgy cassette at the time of recording.

One of favourite unreleased songs btw (until it came out in 2014)

That intro btw sounds so retro and nostalgic reminds me of a Calvin Harris Album , Funk Wav Bounces where it's full of old school type tracks.

This one in particular has a similar old dodgy cassette intro like loving you

.https://youtu.be/XZBoRGe5dho?si=nieNF_6VRpa6i6OH

Munich 1997, I read on here years ago he was suffering from laryngitis during this concert.

Tokyo 1988, he's getting over a cold here, he postponed the November 1988 LA gigs due to a cold and you can hear it in his voice in the concert.

Bremen 1992, I read once that he was under the weather during the concert (although I'm not sure on that one personally)

Adding St. Louis 1988 to this list. He had some sort of throat infection during these concerts. Rome 1988 is also a contender.

Which is why I hate that it's this show that's always being used to represent the HIStory Tour. HIStory Tour has never been my favourite but performance wise there are concerts that are much better than Munich.

Thanks for all the replies, I'll check them all.

Wow. That's cool. What can you say about Invincible album?
Honestly, I feel very bad about it, almost never listen to it. I feel sad about Michael when I listen or watch anything around invincible era, including the 30th Anniversary shows. Some outtakes are much stronger than album songs, but overall, the songs lack the super charge of Michael Jackson. And I hate 2000 Watts.

There are countless examples (which were confirmed either by available video footage or by press reports), among others:

The beginning of 'Scream' in the 'HIStory' Brunei concert, where Michael Jackson sounds extremely hoarse and he struggles to sing live his first lines.

The singer was unwell and ill also in the 'HIStory' Vienna concert (1997), that is why he took heavy medication 30 minutes before the concert in order to eventually perform there.

Other examples come from various 'HIStory' concerts, where he sounds again extremely hoarse while trying to sing live the 'Beat It' ad-libs (apparently due to his swollen vocal cords).

Other examples come from the 'Dangerous' Tour (1993), where the singer was tired, sleepless, dehydrated and ill because of the stress which was brought on to him by the child sexual abuse accusations against him.

Michael Jackson was also tired and dehydrated on stage even in 1992 during many 'Dangerous' concerts, that is why he would be driven back to his hotel with an ambulance and not with his personal, luxurious limousine.

Michael Jackson was also ill (laryngitis) on stage during certain 'BAD' concerts, such as at the 'BAD' Rome concerts (1988).

There's audio from The Jacksons concert in Amsterdam in 1979 where Michael is "a little hoarse" due to bad weather (but still sounds amazing).

That was Vienna 1997. He was near cancel the concert.

Tbh I think there was something wrong with the pitch or dodgy cassette at the time of recording.

One of favourite unreleased songs btw (until it came out in 2014)

That intro btw sounds so retro and nostalgic reminds me of a Calvin Harris Album , Funk Wav Bounces where it's full of old school type tracks.

This one in particular has a similar old dodgy cassette intro like loving you

.https://youtu.be/XZBoRGe5dho?si=nieNF_6VRpa6i6OH
same! its also one of my favorite unreleased songs! i love both the original and regular version!

ough I am not new as a follower of this forum, the admin has just given me the permission to post. So hi! I am an MJ fan for 40 years now!
Welcome to the board!

Here's a thread about the general fandom of the members:

I have a question: Is there a concert footage on the web where we are definitely sure that he is ill, like fever and everything? Could you please post the link here?
In South Korea, they released a VHS recording of his HIStory show in Seoul. He had a fever at the time.

Which is why I hate that it's this show that's always being used to represent the HIStory Tour. HIStory Tour has never been my favourite but performance wise there are concerts that are much better than Munich.
Couple of my friends who went to the July 4 and July 6 1997 Munich Concerts says that the Heal the World song was the only one he performed well.

Back