Full Final Traklist of This Is It tour

Richard76

Heartbreaker
Country
Russia
Does anybody know full final tracklist of this tour. I just a little bit confused. Some sources claim you rock my world and speechless were in set list of this tour... But there was no rehearsals....Also i heared Stranger in Moscow was rehearsed... And Michael planned to reveal his new song "The Best Of Joy" during performances.... Is that the truth or fake?

Last edited:
Does anybody know full final tracklist of this tour. I just a little bit confused. Some sources claim you rock my world and were in set list of this tour... But there was no rehearsals....Also i heared Stranger in Moscow was rehearsed... And Michael planned to reveal his new song "The Best Of Joy" during performances.... Is that the truth or fake?
I don't know

Does anybody know full final tracklist of this tour. I just a little bit confused. Some sources claim you rock my world and were in set list of this tour... But there was no rehearsals....Also i heared Stranger in Moscow was rehearsed... And Michael planned to reveal his new song "The Best Of Joy" during performances.... Is that the truth or fake?
I think that is true

Rock With You was rehearsed as part of the Off the Wall medley. Stranger of Moscow was also rehearsed. The drummer Jonathan Moffet has posted band rehearsals without vocals on Youtube. I can't seem find the original uploads now. Maybe they have been removed but here are other uploads:

Edit: Sorry I read You Rock My World as Rock With You. :D

Last edited:
There is not a final, full set list of the 'This Is It' tour in the sense that Michael Jackson would slightly change the set list by replacing some songs on certain shows.

Also, after so many years of on stage absence, the singer apparently wanted to play it safe by performing only his classic hits, which suggests that the 'You Rock My World' performance was not included at all on these comeback shows.

There is not a final, full set list of the 'This Is It' tour in the sense that Michael Jackson would slightly change the set list by replacing some songs on certain shows.

Also, after so many years of on stage absence, the singer apparently wanted to play it safe by performing only his classic hits, which suggests that the 'You Rock My World' performance was not included at all on these comeback shows.
but he sang speechless

Yes:)

Speaking of You Rock My World........ When it was first released in 2001 there was mixed reviews and many fans were disappointed with it.

Have y'all noticed that this track is now loved by so many people online? It seems to have become a loved track especially amongst the younger generation.

I became a fan in the summer of 2001 so you rock my world/Vince was my first taste of new MJ music later that year. I remember being disappointed but have gown to love it, especially the bridge

Speaking of You Rock My World........ When it was first released in 2001 there was mixed reviews and many fans were disappointed with it.

Have y'all noticed that this track is now loved by so many people online? It seems to have become a loved track especially amongst the younger generation.

I became a fan in the summer of 2001 so you rock my world/Vince was my first taste of new MJ music later that year. I remember being disappointed but have gown to love it, especially the bridge
Heaven Can Wait become a loved track amongst younger generation...It is very popular now... Not You Rock My World

The order might be wrong but I think this was the final setlist. Some songs would probably end up being removed

1. Wanna Be Startin Somethin
2. Jam
3. They Don't Care About Us
4. Human Nature (Sometimes replaced with Stranger In Moscow)
5. Smooth Criminal
6. The Way You Make Me Feel
7. Jackson 5 Medley
8. Off The Wall Medley (Don't Stop Til You Get Enough / Rock With You)
9. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
10 Dangerous
11. Black Or White
12. Dirty Diana
13. Beat It
14. Thriller
15. Earth Song
16. Heal The World
17. Billie Jean
18. Will You Be There
19. Man In The Mirror

Some of the songs would be shorter than usual. Like Black Or White having no 2nd verse

The order might be wrong but I think this was the final setlist. Some songs would probably end up being removed

1. Wanna Be Startin Somethin
2. Jam
3. They Don't Care About Us
4. Human Nature (Sometimes replaced with Stranger In Moscow)
5. Smooth Criminal
6. The Way You Make Me Feel
7. Jackson 5 Medley
8. Off The Wall Medley (Don't Stop Til You Get Enough / Rock With You)
9. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
10 Dangerous
11. Black Or White
12. Dirty Diana
13. Beat It
14. Thriller
15. Earth Song
16. Heal The World
17. Billie Jean
18. Will You Be There
19. Man In The Mirror

Some of the songs would be shorter than usual. Like Black Or White having no 2nd verse
and you are not alone?

The last confirmed set list can be heard on episode 52 of the MJCast podcast interview with Michael Prince. It starts at 2 hr 6 mins.

The running order was

Startin’ Something
Don’t stop ‘til you get enough
Rock with you
Drill
Don’t care about us
Human nature
Stranger in Moscow
Smooth criminal
The way you make me feel
I just can’t stop loving you
Dangerous
Dirty Diana
Beat it
Thriller
Earth song
We are the world / Heal the world
Black or white
Billie Jean
Man in the mirror

I feel like MJ would end up putting new songs on the tracklist while he was releasing the songs as singles as a way of promoting them, similar to how MJ put BOTDF on the HIStory tour after the release of the album.

He played it safe his entire adult concert career

EDIT I just watched the 2 setlist typed out here, not a single surprising or never before performed song in there. It does my head in. Hate me for it but I call him the single worst live act in history of music, this is just dreadful.

He played it safe his entire adult concert career

EDIT I just watched the 2 setlist typed out here, not a single surprising or never before performed song in there. It does my head in. Hate me for it but I call him the single worst live act in history of music, this is just dreadful.
You should maybe quit being a fan of the man? Actually, are you even a fan?

WHAT ABOUT YOU ARE NOT ALONE?!
Michael Prince said this was on his list but had DNU written after it. He said this meant do not use. I would assume that this means it was pulled late from the setlist. I know that people are saying this is a safe setlist but Michael knew that his fans expected certain songs to be played. The arrangements were changed in some cases (such as Threatened being added to the end of Thriller) but this was also his first set of shows after some time away so it’s not unreasonable for him to want some routines he was comfortable with performing and had the muscle memory to perform.

Michael Prince said this was on his list but had DNU written after it. He said this meant do not use. I would assume that this means it was pulled late from the setlist. I know that people are saying this is a safe setlist but Michael knew that his fans expected certain songs to be played. The arrangements were changed in some cases (such as Threatened being added to the end of Thriller) but this was also his first set of shows after some time away so it’s not unreasonable for him to want some routines he was comfortable with performing and had the muscle memory to perform.
So... YANA was never rehearsed?

So... YANA was never rehearsed?
I believe it was rehearsed by the band (im not aware Michael sung it with the bad) but this was the setlist that was being taken to England. I guess it wouldn’t have been in the full rehearsals (remember, at this point Michael had not performed the whole show as if it was a show) and dress rehearsals. Also, while this was the last known set list, there’s no way of knowing if it would have been the final one.

Back