Full Final Traklist of This Is It tour

Why would he need to rehearse a ballad that he isn’t even going to sing live I wonder

Why does every topic these days end up in a discussion around his live singing?

I could start a topic about Michael’s big toe and somehow it would revert to a debate about lip syncing!
Weird,maybe because he technically was a musician who reflected his focus on his singing voice while creating and performing music?

Why does every topic these days end up in a discussion around his live singing?

I could start a topic about Michael’s big toe and somehow it would revert to a debate about lip syncing!
It’s grating for sure. Tends to be the same people repeating it, too, with the point being either long since lost or never formulated to begin with.

I get it, you don’t like lip syncing, but refrain from derailing every other thread with posts about it, please!

He played it safe his entire adult concert career

EDIT I just watched the 2 setlist typed out here, not a single surprising or never before performed song in there. It does my head in. Hate me for it but I call him the single worst live act in history of music, this is just dreadful.
Apparently that was because he realized that they came to his concerts also many casual listeners (who only knew his classic hits).

But it seems that he also had an additional reason to perform only his classic hits during the 'This Is It' concerts.

The singer made it clear during his London press conference (March, 2009) that this tour was meant to be his farewell tour.

Note that artists in their farewell tours tend to perform only their classic hits.

One of the very few surprising things (of the 'This Is It' concerts) was said to be the inclusion of audio snippets from '2000 Watts' and 'Morphine' into the 'Dangerous' performance.
You are not alone was ever rehearsed or not??? And was it ever planned for This is it tour??
'You Are Not Alone' was planned for the 'This Is It' tour, but it was not rehearsed by Michael Jackson.

This is not just a thread, this is a thread about the this is it concerts so the live or lip syncing discussion perfectly fits.
But if you rather have me complain more about the dreadful uninspiring setlist I can do that too.
This is still a discussion forum so conflicting opinions are part of that. I can’t help it that most of you find this annoying, just like I can’t help being annoyed by MJ’s stage performances.
Does this make me less of a fan? I don’t think so. Michael Jackson will forever be my nr 1 despite his miming, this says enough how much I love his music, voice and general artistry.

The point is why would my opinion annoy anybody? I’m not annoyed in the slightest by people loving his mimed performances. I respect everybody‘s taste. Perhaps I should be annoyed about people asking me if I am even a fan every single time I’m not impressed in his tours but guess what I’m not even annoyed by that because I know who’s music I grew up with for 35 years and I can tell you my enthusiasm for MJ music has not wavered one bit yet.

Don’t take everything so seriously 🤯

This is not just a thread, this is a thread about the this is it concerts so the live or lip syncing discussion perfectly fits.
But if you rather have me complain more about the dreadful uninspiring setlist I can do that too.
This is still a discussion forum so conflicting opinions are part of that. I can’t help it that most of you find this annoying, just like I can’t help being annoyed by MJ’s stage performances.
Does this make me less of a fan? I don’t think so. Michael Jackson will forever be my nr 1 despite his miming, this says enough how much I love his music, voice and general artistry.

The point is why would my opinion annoy anybody? I’m not annoyed in the slightest by people loving his mimed performances. I respect everybody‘s taste. Perhaps I should be annoyed about people asking me if I am even a fan every single time I’m not impressed in his tours but guess what I’m not even annoyed by that because I know who’s music I grew up with for 35 years and I can tell you my enthusiasm for MJ music has not wavered one bit yet.

Don’t take everything so seriously 🤯

It’s just tiring seeing 90% of threads which have no relevance of live singing being turned into a debate about lip syncing. Kinda sucks the enjoyment out of spectating in some discussions as its the same predictable points that are being laboured by the same individuals.

In summary; Michael was a boring, uninspiring and lazy live performer. We get it! There’s no need to drag the energy of a lighthearted topic down by shoehorning your poor opinion of MJ as a live performer. It’s becoming relentless based on my observations. It’s almost as boring as MJs tours!

There are so many other facets of Michael’s artistry that can be appreciated surely?

It’s just tiring seeing 90% of threads which have no relevance of live singing being turned into a debate about lip syncing. Kinda sucks the enjoyment out of spectating in some discussions as its the same predictable points that are being laboured by the same individuals.
Lets see if I can stop reacting to it then. I will try, I promise 😇
In summary; Michael was a boring, uninspiring and lazy live performer. We get it!
Are you even a fan?! 😉
There’s no need to drag the energy of a lighthearted topic down by shoehorning your poor opinion of MJ as a live performer. It’s becoming relentless based on my observations.
Ok, I will work on voicing my opinion less relentless, maybe it was off topic. But trust me you don’t want to see me going on about that setlist either 😅
There are so many other facets of Michael’s artistry that can be appreciated surely?
I think if one would make a compilation of my posts here you would be surprised how much praise I have thrown at him. Yet it is clear there are people here that think I’m not a real fan. You know what, perhaps I can find a picture of my room when I was 12 and post it here, not a single spot of wallpaper was left visible lol

Let’s see if I can stop reacting to it then. I will try 😉

Ok, I will work on voicing my opinion less relentless, maybe it was off topic. But trust me you don’t want to see me going on about that setlist either 😅

I think a lot of people would appreciate that 😉

Haha! I think based on your track record we could predict a less than favourable opinion of it 😛

There were also certain songs that either...

A.) Were rarely rehearsed (or not at all) by the time MJ passed away (such as Dangerous, Will You Be There, Heal The World, etc) and not included in the movie
or
B.) Were supposed to be switched out with other songs every once in a while (e.g. Stranger in Moscow instead of Human Nature, YRMW instead of The Way You Make Me Feel, etc.)

They wasn't gonna use exact the same setlist order for all 50 shows, so there's technically no definite answer as to what the "final" setlist would be. Then again, I'm pretty sure that certain cornerstone songs would be included every night (e.g. WBSS, Billie Jean, the J5 Medley, etc.)

Speaking of You Rock My World........ When it was first released in 2001 there was mixed reviews and many fans were disappointed with it.

Have y'all noticed that this track is now loved by so many people online? It seems to have become a loved track especially amongst the younger generation.

I became a fan in the summer of 2001 so you rock my world/Vince was my first taste of new MJ music later that year. I remember being disappointed but have gown to love it, especially the bridge
Several Invincible songs go viral daily.

There's a few pics floating around of the tracklists.

If he performed YRMW and Stranger in Moscow once, that would've been good enough for me.

Otherwise, I don't know what some people expect. You think he'd decide to play Someone Put Your Hand Out? Or Get on the Floor, or Keep The Faith or something?

Invincible got shafted long ago, why be mad in 2009 when it was more relevant in 2001 to feel that way. There would've been a few surprises in the tour though, that would've been nice.

There were also certain songs that either...

A.) Were rarely rehearsed (or not at all) by the time MJ passed away (such as Dangerous, Will You Be There, Heal The World, etc) and not included in the movie
or
B.) Were supposed to be switched out with other songs every once in a while (e.g. Stranger in Moscow instead of Human Nature, YRMW instead of The Way You Make Me Feel, etc.)

They wasn't gonna use exact the same setlist order for all 50 shows, so there's technically no definite answer as to what the "final" setlist would be. Then again, I'm pretty sure that certain cornerstone songs would be included every night (e.g. WBSS, Billie Jean, the J5 Medley, etc.)
Dangerous was rehearsed at least twice on stage with Michael.

The point is why would my opinion annoy anybody? I’m not annoyed in the slightest by people loving his mimed performances.
It's not that your opinion annoys anybody, but the fact that you, and certain other individuals, have to bring it up in almost every single thread, that has nothing to do with it

There's a few pics floating around of the tracklists.

If he performed YRMW and Stranger in Moscow once, that would've been good enough for me.

Otherwise, I don't know what some people expect. You think he'd decide to play Someone Put Your Hand Out? Or Get on the Floor, or Keep The Faith or something?

Invincible got shafted long ago, why be mad in 2009 when it was more relevant in 2001 to feel that way. There would've been a few surprises in the tour though, that would've been nice.

Yeah, especially for his first tour in a long time (that was also being marketed as his final set of performances. It wasn't going to be, but still) he was gonna play what he knew people would want to see. Maybe later on he could introduce some other stuff

The last confirmed set list can be heard on episode 52 of the MJCast podcast interview with Michael Prince. It starts at 2 hr 6 mins.

The running order was

Startin’ Something
Don’t stop ‘til you get enough
Rock with you
Drill
Don’t care about us
Human nature
Stranger in Moscow
Smooth criminal
The way you make me feel
I just can’t stop loving you
Dangerous
Dirty Diana
Beat it
Thriller
Earth song
We are the world / Heal the world
Black or white
Billie Jean
Man in the mirror
This would have been a great set list.

I would have been made up to see him perform, Human Nature, SIM, Smooth Criminal, Dangerous, TWYMMF and Dirty Diana

It would have been interesting to see him perform DSTYGE and Rock With You so early in the show

Yeah, especially for his first tour in a long time (that was also being marketed as his final set of performances. It wasn't going to be, but still) he was gonna play what he knew people would want to see. Maybe later on he could introduce some other stuff
A part of me always imagined, and I was just thinking of this today, Era themed shows. Some nights, Bad era focused. Others, Dangerous. HIStory era, if only so maybe we'd finally see the incredible one night only version of Childhood. And Janet could guest star for Scream.

Invincible Era, that one would just be crazy. But it'd make people happy. And then maybe even a Jackson's era night, if the brothers forced their way onto stage.

And then maybe he'd perform songs as he released them. That'd be cool.

My guesses for what would be live, if the claim of more live singing would have been true.

Startin’ Something - live
Don’t stop ‘til you get enough - live
Rock with you - live
Drill
Don’t care about us - lip sync
Human nature - live
Stranger in Moscow - lip sync
Smooth criminal - lip sync
The way you make me feel - intro live, rest lip sync
I just can’t stop loving you - live
Dangerous - lip sync
Dirty Diana - live
Beat it - live
Thriller - live
Earth song- lip sync
We are the world / Heal the world - lip sync
Black or white - live
Billie Jean - live
Man in the mirror - lip sync and ending live

My guesses for what would be live, if the claim of more live singing would have been true.

Startin’ Something - live
Don’t stop ‘til you get enough - live
Rock with you - live
Drill
Don’t care about us - lip sync
Human nature - live
Stranger in Moscow - lip sync
Smooth criminal - lip sync
The way you make me feel - intro live, rest lip sync
I just can’t stop loving you - live
Dangerous - lip sync
Dirty Diana - live
Beat it - live
Thriller - live
Earth song- lip sync
We are the world / Heal the world - lip sync
Black or white - live
Billie Jean - live
Man in the mirror - lip sync and ending live
I'd say SiM would be live. TDCAU, SC, TWYMMF, Earth Song, WATW/HTW, and maybe Dangerous, would all be half live. Dangerous probably would at most have the spoken interludes live, like In The Closet was.

Back