Future Project Idea - Deluxe-Edition Reissues of Michael's albums

AO98

Proud Member
An idea I had in mind for a future Michael Jackson project is a line of deluxe-edition reissues of his six albums: Off the Wall, Thriller, Bad, Dangerous, HIStory/BOODF and Invincible. Each package would include a CD of that particular album, the sound being completely restored and remastered in HD, with two bonus tracks each and a Blu-ray or DVD (customer's choice) featuring the music videos for the songs included on that CD. The packaging would resemble that of the original album cover/back and a very special bonus included inside each package would be a blank card with the one and only MJ's autograph printed on.

Leave your thoughts down below and let me know what you think. Thank you :)

EDIT: I wanted to stay realistic and try to come up with something Sony and the Estate could potentially sell.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Off the Wall - CD:
1. Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
2. Rock with You
3. Working Day and Night
4. Get on the Floor
5. Off the Wall
6. Girlfriend
7. She's Out of My Life
8. I Can't Help It
9. It's the Falling in Love
10. Burn This Disco Out

BONUS TRACKS:
11. You Can't Win (from The Wiz)
12. Sunset Driver

Off the Wall - Blu-ray / DVD:
  • Don't Stop Til You Get Enough
  • Rock with You
  • She's Out of My Life
Thriller - CD:
1. Wanna Be Startin Somethin
2. Baby Be Mine
3. The Girl is Mine (ft. Paul McCartney)
4. Thriller
5. Beat It
6. Billie Jean
7. Human Nature
8. P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thing)
9. The Lady In My Life

BONUS TRACKS:
10. Say Say Say (ft. Paul McCartney)
11. Someone in the Dark (from E.T.)

Thriller - Blu-ray / DVD:
  • Billie Jean
  • Beat It
  • Thriller
  • Say Say Say
Bad - CD:
1. Bad
2. The Way You Make Me Feel
3. Speed Demon
4. Liberian Girl
5. Just Good Friends (ft. Stevie Wonder)
6. Another Part of Me
7. Man in the Mirror
8. I Just Can't Stop Loving You
9. Dirty Diana
10. Smooth Criminal
11. Leave Me Alone

BONUS TRACKS:
12. Cheater
13. Come Together

Bad - Blu-ray / DVD:
  • Bad
  • The Way You Make Me Feel
  • Speed Demon
  • Liberian Girl
  • Another Part of Me
  • Man in the Mirror
  • Dirty Diana
  • Smooth Criminal
  • Leave Me Alone
  • Come Together
Dangerous - CD:
1. Jam
2. Why You Wanna Trip on Me
3. In the Closet
4. She Drives Me Wild
5. Remember the Time
6. Can't Let Her Get Away
7. Heal the World
8. Black or White
9. Who Is It
10. Give In To Me
11. Will You Be There
12. Keep the Faith
13. Gone Too Soon
14. Dangerous

BONUS TRACKS:
15. Monkey Business
16. Someone Put Your Hand Out

Dangerous - Blu-ray / DVD:
  • Jam
  • In the Closet
  • Remember the Time
  • Heal the World
  • Black or White
  • Who Is It
  • Give In To Me
  • Will You Be There
  • Gone Too Soon
HIStory - CD #1:
1. Scream
2. They Don't Care About Us
3. Stranger in Moscow
4. This Time Around
5. Earth Song
6. D.S.
7. Money
8. You Are Not Alone
9. Childhood
10. Tabloid Junkie

HIStory - CD #2:
1. 2Bad
2. HIStory
3. Little Susie
4. Smile
5. Blood on the Dance Floor
6. Morphine
7. Superfly Sister
8. Ghosts
9. Is It Scary

BONUS TRACKS:
10. Why (ft. 3T)
11. On the Line

HIStory - Blu-ray / DVD:
  • Scream
  • They Don't Care About Us
  • They Don't Care About Us (prison version)
  • Stranger in Moscow
  • Earth Song
  • You Are Not Alone
  • Childhood
  • Blood on the Dance Floor
  • Ghosts
  • Why
Invincible - CD:
1. Unbreakable
2. Heartbreaker
3. Invincible
4. Break of Dawn
5. Heaven Can Wait
6. You Rock My World
7. Butterflies
8. Speechless
9. 2000 Watts
10. You Are My Life
11. Privacy
12. Don't Walk Away
13. Cry
14. The Lost Children
15. Whatever Happens
16. Threatened

BONUS TRACKS:
17. Shout
18. One More Chance

Invincible - Blu-ray / DVD:
  • You Rock My World
  • Cry
  • One More Chance
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited:
not something I would buy. I already own his albums and short films on several dvd's and cd's. I wouldn't buy them again just for a few bonus tracks, that's already been released also, on other albums/The ultimate collection

Last edited:
OTW=One of the most influential albums of all time
Thriller=Biggest selling album of all time
Bad=Amongst the biggest selling albums of all time
Dangerous=Amongst the biggest selling albums of all time
HIStory=Biggest selling double album of all time
BOTDF=Biggest selling remix album of all time

Thriller saved the record industry in the 80's and the rest help keep the industry flourishing. Each album needs to come in a big box containing the vinyl and cd remastered featuring the original mixes, bonus disc with extended cuts and remixes, bonus disc with alternative takes and unreleased tracks, bluray/DVD with remastered short films and unrealesed directors cuts, making of's, documentary bluray/DVD, concert bluray/dvd, book with high resolution unseen pictures and new essays putting each album into it's historical context. I don't care how typical this sounds but, these albums and their eras changed the world and popular culture. Springsteen, U2, Dylan,Neil Young have all sold less commercially but get the kitchen sync treatment.MJ is the biggest selling phostumous artist (even in death he's top) and they rake in truckloads of cash, give us the lot and quit selling MJ music as a novelty product. Also include download codes and passwords and barcodes for special online content, create an interactive website tie-in and in app form, and throw in a big ass double sided poster; album sleeve one side, unseen image on the opposite side!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah, that wouldn't sell well at all, so
image.jpg

The best we got was The Ultimate Collection and Bad25 was quite good. But with the 2001 Special Editions there's no need to do another set of remasters like that at this stage.

OTW=One of the most influential albums of all time
Thriller=Biggest selling album of all time
Bad=Amongst the biggest selling albums of all time
Dangerous=Amongst the biggest selling albums of all time
HIStory=Biggest selling double album of all time
BOTDF=Biggest selling remix album of all time

Thriller saved the record industry in the 80's and the rest help keep the industry flourishing. Each album needs to come in a big box containing the vinyl and cd remastered featuring the original mixes, bonus disc with extended cuts and remixes, bonus disc with alternative takes and unreleased tracks, bluray/DVD with remastered short films and unrealesed directors cuts, making of's, documentary bluray/DVD, concert bluray/dvd, book with high resolution unseen pictures and new essays putting each album into it's historical context. I don't care how typical this sounds but, these albums and their eras changed the world and popular culture. Springsteen, U2, Dylan,Neil Young have all sold less commercially but get the kitchen sync treatment.MJ is the biggest selling phostumous artist (even in death he's top) and they rake in truckloads of cash, give us the lot and quit selling MJ music as a novelty product. Also include download codes and passwords and barcodes for special online content, create an interactive website tie-in and in app form, and throw in a big ass double sided poster; album sleeve one side, unseen image on the opposite side!!!!

I definitely agree. And I won't deny that these ideas are anything but incredible. But here, I just wanted to suggest something they could...you know...actually put out (no offense, really).

Last edited:
I definitely agree. But here, I just wanted to suggest something they could...you know...actually put out (no offense).
Hey there, no offence taken. Apologies if I came across as dismissive, I guess I'm just done with standard reissues without any worthwhile content. We live in the age of the deluxe boxset with everything a fan could want but MJ is just not recognised with the same artistic importance by his label. At the same time I realise they do business a different way with Hits albums with different sleeves and editions such as Number Ones and King of Pop (which I love the 3-disc UK edition and 3-disc French fan edition), so its just different marketing i guess.

Back