Ghost Of Another Lover info?

SmoothCriminal1995

Proud Member

I've loved this song since I first heard it, about 5 years ago. It has so much energy and potential. What do we know about it?

For years it was just a mysterious title on a piece paper found in Michael's room in 2009. I know it's a Dangerous album outtake, I remember someone saying Thom Russo produced it?

Do we know anything else about the song? Did Mike actually revisit the song?

Thom Russo played exclusively this song at the KINGVENTION 2016 that took place in London, as confirmed by people who were there.

The song was played because of the event's theme (25th anniversary of the 'Dangerous' album).

Michael Jackson reportedly revisited the song in his final years with a view to releasing it as a single in the 'This Is It' era.

It's such a shame if the song was left in it's current state, during Michael's lifetime. It has such potential and feeling to it that it could have been huge
I agree, I was never much of a fan of most of the songs with phantasmagoric themes but this song has a really nice groove to it, IMO it's one of the best outtakes out there and it barely has vocals even.

Does somebody know if Michael ever recorded lead vocals to this song, I think this is the case with Man In Black and this song is that in the seminar they played versions without the lead vocals but they do exist?

Does somebody know if Michael ever recorded lead vocals to this song, I think this is the case with Man In Black and this song is that in the seminar they played versions without the lead vocals but they do exist?

We don't know if MJ worked on it more at any point. No proof Man In Black has verse vocals, either.

Last edited:
What do you think? Fucking awesome or fucking awesome?

Probably my favorite leak
Well, I'm more into the two 'lovely ones' as mentioned yesterday. One in particular, every time I listen I just end up sobbing.

This one, I literally just listened to. Not my fave (so far) but, om - freakin' - g!!!!!!!!!! 😲 😲 😲 😲

I have no words, f&m. You'll have to send fresh supplies of new vocab. Let's just say, I made the right decision in listening to this.

I still have ‘t figured out what the lovely one’s are. I presume dream away and Chicago 1945 but you said you weren’t going to listen to them so … I don’t know 😀

Back