Great drummers / songs with great drum parts

:eek: :ROFLMAO:

im saying nothing , how did you sleep?
Mm, OK. Ish. Terrible headache just now. Another busy day, have done loads - which is great - but feel sh*t.

Ah well. Onwards and upwards.

, nice little thread here i love your hip hop link though , 50 of the cream de la creme
I want to post more stuff like that, mostly was looking for YT stuff but loads of it is really long, I want shorter stuff. Not thrilled with what I've found so far. Unless you can find something good. This is your thing. Hip hop is great but it's not my culture. It's totally your place, seems to me.

I guess I could post the 2 bits from the UK press that I've got knocking around. One was from the Guardian, can't remember the other one. It's around here somewhere ...

Mm, OK. Ish. Terrible headache just now.
Oh shi!T dont listen to what i tagged you in 4 a while babe then, just give it some time ignore it lol The weather , it is very close babe it switched , its hot , now its colder. '/rainy its what i get too
Another busy day, have done loads - which is great - but feel sh*t.
something has to give
Ah well. Onwards and upwards.
yeah course , it will turn around soon
I want to post more stuff like that, mostly was looking for YT stuff but loads of it is really long, I want shorter stuff. Not thrilled with what I've found so far. Unless you can find something good. This is your thing. Hip hop is great but it's not my culture. It's totally your place, seems to me.
:love:my teen years i was a teen baby when it hit , i was mj fan , rock , and hard rap fan . & Michael showed me alot of music styles from dangerous. and gangsta rap was just crossing over the chronic . etc
I guess I could post the 2 bits from the UK press that I've got knocking around. One was from the Guardian, can't remember the other one. It's around here somewhere ...
go on then if it feels right ,

Oh shi!T dont listen to what i tagged you in 4 a while babe then, just give it some time ignore it lol The weather , it is very close babe it switched , its hot , now its colder. '/rainy its what i get too
Uh, no, it's nowt to do with weather, babe. It's other stuff.

something has to give
My sanity, probably.

yeah course , it will turn around soon
Actually, it won't but ... nice try!

:love:my teen years i was a teen baby when it hit , i was mj fan , rock , and hard rap fan . & Michael showed me alot of music styles from dangerous. and gangsta rap was just crossing over the chronic . etc
Gangsta rap? Hm, it's tricky. Sociologically, it was vital, imo. The brutal rage, all that invective being spat out into the world, I understand that. Otoh, the misogyny? You can stick that where the sun don't shine, sonny.

Scratching is not for me. So, very often, from the first two seconds of a song, I'm already feeling alienated and bored.

"You're scratching records but you won't be scratching mine
(lyrics by Adam Ant)

Toto (Jeff Porcaro) / Rosanna [drums only]

5m 31s

You Win Again by the Bee Gees with Phil Collins on drums. Phil takes an already great song and elevates it to a whole new level.

"Playing fast around the drums is one thing. But to play music, to play with people for others to listen to, that’s something else. That’s a whole other world."

Tony-Williams-Pro.jpg

Tony Williams

Back