Gregory Lemarchal

youtube;TgLCiFHmjDY]
[

I wonder what he could have done if he had been healthy

Last edited:
I am french I can say Gregory was gifted and appreciated by everyone.
Great artist gone to soon

"Being face to Gregory was facing someone who gives you a great lesson in life.Who shows you that even though he is going through
what overwhelms him, he is able to find in him resources that can not be imagined. I've learned by Gregory's side.
For me, Grégory, it's the light and if the light was a sound, it would be Grégory Lemarchal"
Lara Fabian( She has sold over 20 million records worldwide)
I´ve posted a duet they did earlier
youtube;WmacIdG_kxA]
I don´t know how much medicine he took while he was singing and talking and that´s only a part of the medicines he had to take every day to survive a little bit longer and feel as good as possible.

Last edited:
Today it was 36 years since he was born.
Happy birthday Gregory:heart:

When we only have love
To draw a path
And force the destiny
At each crossroads
When we only have love
To talk to the guns
And nothing but a song
To convince a drum
So without having anything
That the strength to love
We will have in our hands
Friends around the world

Gregory 16 years old.
[video=youtube;VzLmJyst5i4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzLmJyst5i4[/video]
I understand the part where his father said they always used to sing , together I assume.

Letter for greg was posted for his birthday this year by Richard cross who had been his voice coach for a while

Letter to Greg

My first memory of you is that of a very young man, shy and so young-looking, that we hardly noticed in the group that I had come to coach Lyon, in the early year 2000. A local composer had asked me to help artists he had just cast for a musical project. And now, on a Sunday full of sunshine, I find myself working in the city of Canuts, a dozen singers.

At the end of the day, the contact was established between us. I discovered your incredible singer talent. I admit it, I did not expect it. I had asked each member of the troupe to sing me his solo song and when your turn came, nothing had warned me of the shock I was going to have. The music has started. You got up and suddenly, it's as if we were on the illuminated stage of the Palais des Congrès, your voice, your presence became obvious. When you sat down, the others did not say anything. Just applauded for a long time. And I waited until the end of the day to talk to you and your parents, to tell them how much I had been touched

[video=youtube;U-ngMhmePw4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-ngMhmePw4[/video]

It was his health that stopped him from taking part in the musical belles, belles, belles.
the effort was going to be physically too important and it would be too tiresome to be on stage every night.
Gregory must have been devasted when he realised he couldn´t do the musical
But one of the men behind the show had been named "director" for Star Academy
The rest is history now

He ended one of his concerts with this song.he was tired after the concert and less than a year later his lungs were so bad so he needed a lung transplantation.

To sing is to vibrate your larynx to make sounds that will resonate in your mouth, in your nose, between your lips, but it is also to work your lungs to get the raw material of sound, air. And the air is what ultimately misses a person with cystic fibrosis. His lungs fill up with mucus every day, decreasing breathing capacity. My work as a vocal coach, parallel to that of the specialized physiotherapist, is to allow the singer to develop his air capacity to push back the constraints of the disease.

How many times, you said to me, after a successful exercise, "I feel like breathing better, thank you! ". You immediately added: "you have to help others and share your experience".Richard Crosse vocal coach

Dream an impossible dream
Carry the sorrows of departures
Burn with a possible fever
Leave where nobody leaves

Love to tear
Love, even too much, even badly,
Attempt, without strength and without armor,
To reach the inaccessible star

That is my quest,
Follow the star
I do not care about my chances
I do not care the time
Or my despair
And then fight always
Without questions or rest
Damn yourself
For the gold of a word of love
I do not know if I will be this hero
But my heart would be quiet
And the cities would splash of blue
Because an unhappy

Burns again, although having burned everything
Burns even, too much, even badly
To reach to be torn apart
To reach the inaccessible star

This is a duet from the semi-final in Star Academy4. Gregory won of course... after all he won the entire competition.
He seemed happy the next day
I was wondering why he wore a cap inside until I saw he had written MERCI(= thank you) on it. It must have been from the same day I posted a video earlier where he was singing when he took his medicin. There he said Thank you and I love you to those who were watching.
He really was grateful that people voted for him, and he never forgot it.

Grègory for Make a wish, in Bruxelle
[video=youtube;C28FyQBbEFM]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C28FyQBbEFM[/video]
He knew about Make a wish and he knew about pain and suffering too.
"tant que je pourrais, je resterai debout et je chanterai. Pour leur donner à tous l’espoir"Gregory Lemarchal
"As long as I can, I will stay up and sing. To give them all hope."
His girlfriend said in an interview after his death that it had become normal that Gregory had to go to the hospital during their time together.
Probably several times to get antibiotics intravenously.
FRiends didn´t know about it.

Comme d'habitude.
Maybe you think of FrAnk Sinatra and "my way" but the song is French from the beginning

I like this pressconference, the children were so sweet and Grégory too. and I like that it was a communal school. I understand he talked about motivation and he was very satisfied.....new album?victory in Star Academy?I need to work with my French
youtube;1QfBDDW_zmw]

Last edited:
Grègory in the last tv-show he starred in
youtube;qTTesL0ixyk]
[
If you notice a change in his face that's because he had to take more medicine, probably cortisone

Helene Segara said she knew him and he didn´t only have a beautiful voice, he was a beautiful person too.
youtube;40psJA7bqEk]
[

Last edited:
Some rehearsals for "en chantant"
Some lyrics from the song
Life is more fun,
It's less hopeless
Singing.
The flower at the end of the rifle,
Victory wins too
Singing
I wish that on Earth,
All my good friends bury me
Singing
Death is more fun,
It's less hopeless
Singing.
Lyrics were partially written by Michel Sardou, a well known singer in France.He worked for Star Academy the time Gregory was there.Michel Sardou also worked with his own concerts and Gregory was invited to sing with him at the Olympia.I think it was something with Gregory became nr 1 that week

This is written by a Vocal coach Gregory had worked with
The third and last memory that comes to me is when you came to sing duets with Michel Sardou at the Olympia. I was there since I was Michel's vocal coach at this time and it was a celebration for me to see you share this mythical scene with such a great folk artist. Later, in his box, he congratulated you from the bottom of his heart because he was really amazed by your performance
Also from the vocal coach
"you kept telling me,
"As long as I can, I'll stay up and sing. To give them all hope.
And that's what you did until April 30, 2007."

I don´t understand much but he mention fatigué = tired
youtube;1pNrwn7yVjI]
He didn´t sing in the chorus in the duet, maybe it was too tiresome for his bad lungs.
youtube;e4DkoQrXw-U]

Last edited:
youtube;wR3CiMy-R78]
Donne moi le temps,:Give me time.
More time to live is what Grégory and his family, friends ,fans wanted for him.IT´s to late for him now but there are other young people waiting in the hospitals to get new organs, To get more time.
You can also think about to give some time to lonely people.It means so much.

Last edited:
January 2007 The show must go on.
It wasn´t obvious that Grégory could sing in this duet.
Behind the scene he got oxygen
His physiotherapist advised against performance , his girlfriend was very worried, but Grégory really wanted to do it
And how he did it,together with Patrick Bruel
youtube;IhIidh1p4oc]
He performed in 2 other songs that evening and it became the last tv-programme he performed in.
I suppose it´s after this he told fans he needed to rest, doctors order.
But he was still working with his album.
You know "stop existing, start living", Grégory was a person who lived and he loved life.
If he had come to the hospital a week earlier or some weeks later than he did there might have been a donator for him.
You never know with organ transplants.

Last edited:
I don´t have one favorite, I have many.youtube;GGb0Sb5lvu4]
Pourquoi je vis, pourquoi je meurs
Why do I live, Why do I die
Grégory said later that when he sang this it reminded him of his own life and he was happy he was able to sing the whole song.
"In the great lottery of the universe
I didn't draw the right number"
This time you don´t see a smile on his face when he has finished the song.
But he touched people´s hearts with it.
They have began to make a movie about his life and it´s called pourquoi je vis.
It will be a tribute to him and also show his life with the disease.
They will send it on TV,TF1 in september
It´s the same channel which sent StarAcademy with Grégory 15 years ago.
His parents have been asked many times before but they have said no until now.

Last edited:
Back